canna boost and bid bud

• Thread starter v2chao
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

v2chao

my I am using coco for the first time....I am using Canna Coco a and b, gal mag, root exe, canna ryzatonic, I am on the third week of flower. week 1 and 2 I added bug ignitor. Can I use big bud and canna boost, during week 3 til 6 of flower? or is Canna boost enough?

any help would be greatly appreciated

buffbuds

buffbuds

Just keep it simple. never mix nutrient lines. stay with canna, or advanced, their products are not interchangable. Boost will help the general health of the plants, yes, but it is expensive as heck (as I'm going to buy a bottle, mostly to keep the canna system I use complete)

M

Mmmmasonite

my I am using coco for the first time....I am using Canna Coco a and b, gal mag, root exe, canna ryzatonic, I am on the third week of flower. week 1 and 2 I added bug ignitor. Can I use big bud and canna boost, during week 3 til 6 of flower? or is Canna boost enough?

Canna boost is the more expensive version of H&G's Bud XL....They are the only 2 products that use an enzymayic process to extract sugars form the stalk and the leaf and transport them into the bud....Big Bud is a mid bloom booster....You can use these together...no problem......I have had great success doing so....Peace

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Just keep it simple. never mix nutrient lines. stay with canna, or advanced, their products are not interchangable. Boost will help the general health of the plants, yes, but it is expensive as heck (as I'm going to buy a bottle, mostly to keep the canna system I use complete)

Worst advice EVER. You can mix and match almost anything you would like. Yes, Big Bud and Boost would be a GREAT combo.

S

smirkis

isn't root exe and canna's rhizo basically the same thing? and when ur flowering you don't use much of it anyway. i use boost from day 1, but ive heard adding big bud to the mix isn't a bad i dea. i use botanicares silica added to my canna line, everything looks dandy

i've also heard of using H&G's budxl as a supliment to cannas boost. im gonna do a personal side by side to find out, but i love canna'st boost

M

Mmmmasonite

Worst advice EVER. You can mix and match almost anything you would like. Yes, Big Bud and Boost would be a GREAT combo.

Yeah ...It's like baking a cake.......you can mix and match tons of stuff until you find the best combo...Then....your product is unique....Different strains also like different products....There are so many ways...I love this stuff:harvest:..........Keep evolving.......The future is wide open.................Peace

Dizzy Farmer

Dizzy Farmer

Sorry but that's not correct, I mix nutrient lines all the time mate and have done for 20+ years, adapting as new products/brands come on the market.. I've found I get the best results that way as long as you understand and meet the plant's needs at it's different life stages.

Started using Canna Terra Flores on it's own as that's all there was 20+ years ago. Whereas now in each crop I use a mixture of AN, Canna, H&G, Plant Magic, Vitalink, Ionic / Growth Technology, depending on which type of component is either cheapest or most effective.

Eg I used to use Canna Rhizotonic, until I discovered H&G's Roots Excelurator, the difference was like night and day. However, not all product lines are comparable with each other as one manufacturer may combine different elements in one product that doesn't exist elsewhere eg H&G's amino treatment (mix of silica and aminos). Not bigging up H&G more than others btw. I use Cannazym all the time and I still use small amounts of Canna Boost ( 1ml per L) in bloom, and Canna A/B for grow, but Ionic is just as good as a base nute if not better and certainly way cheaper. Ionic boost is 1ml per gal and a fraction of the price of the Canna and I've used it in NFT systems with awesome results.

I use very low amounts of different manufacturers to keep my EC down in each feeding, so they last a long time and I get the best of all worlds / brands and it's no more expensive than just using one at the higher strength. I feed additives at the start of the week, Grow or Bloom A/B mid week, then Water with Amino treatment or a silica at the weekend.

I have no brand loyalty, I just use the cheapest that works eg Potsil Silica additive is £8 inc post for 500ml and added at 2ml per 10L, AN's Rhinoskin costs a lot more (£23 inc post) and is used at 20ml per 10L.

I've picked up some bargains on ebay of products that I normally wouldn't want to pay the retail price of, but they have improved the quality and quantity of my crops.

enjoy your growing

buffbuds

buffbuds

I agree with your response, I just wanted to vonvey that it isn't as straightforward as being able to substitute one part for another and keep the dosage the same, as you had alluded to. Your knowledge is such that you are able to understand what is in those different components and you are using each as a source for their constituent parts.

From a more beginner or intermediate perspective, I would still not recomend mixing nutrient lines, but I wouldn't go as far anymore to say that it is a rule, though on a case by case basis, yes, the two that the original poster listed acctually play well with all other nutrients. Cheers!

Dizzy Farmer

Dizzy Farmer

I agree with your response, I just wanted to vonvey that it isn't as straightforward as being able to substitute one part for another and keep the dosage the same, as you had alluded to. Your knowledge is such that you are able to understand what is in those different components and you are using each as a source for their constituent parts.

From a more beginner or intermediate perspective, I would still not recomend mixing nutrient lines, but I wouldn't go as far anymore to say that it is a rule, though on a case by case basis, yes, the two that the original poster listed acctually play well with all other nutrients. Cheers!

Hi there

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I didn't allude to use the same dosage at all mate, I'd never do that as nutrients/additives all (particularly different brands) come in different concentrations and rates of application. I explained that point with my silica example (Potsil 2ml vs Rhinoskin 20ml). Also using silica as a generic example, I said product types , whilst interchangeable, weren't homogenous across brands, then cited the House & Garden Amino Treatment product as how they can differ slightly, but still meet the same need. That's how manufacturers position themselves in a crowded market. ie 'unlike the others, our silica has aminos too' or 'unlike the others, our booster also has fulvic acid' etc etc. I could have used loads more examples in my original post, but just wanted to be indicative as my answer was already too long and I thought I'd been clear enough. Sorry, I obviously hadn't! :)

Anyways, my point was that healthy herb plants, other than water/oxygen/light, as a basic requirement, need a base nutrient (grow or bloom). To enhance the results a silica, root booster and enzymes to break down the plant food can be added. To enhance growth even further you can get more technical and introduce veg/bud boosts, beneficial bacterias, Cal Mag, B vitamins, PH depending on media, CO2, etc but I was keeping it basic. As you will know, soil already contains silica, beneficial bacteria, humic/fulvic acids and enzymes so a new gardener in soil could get away with veg/bloom feed and one bloom boost. I've grown that way many times with decent results. But to get optimum results that formula needs tweaks. However, if a garden is hydro or soil-less, it needs to replace all these missing elements. Once someone knows that, and it's not difficult to find out, it's easy to replace and interchange products, even for a new grower, as they should be particularly thirsty for knowledge at that stage.

Some people may grow without learning about the science behind gardening, and that's fine, but there is too much bad info on the internet about growing, and unfortunately when I see it, I speak up as people follow bad advice and pass it on. Like you saying "never mix nutrient lines". Sorry, that's not true, hence my comment. Otherwise incorrect information then somehow morphs into being true and I've seen that so many times.

One small example as I know I'm going on.. I know a guy who has several large herb gardens and he's what people would call very experienced / professional, but he's only actually been doing it for 5 years and learned his techniques from forums/internet. He swears blind that when lights are out, it's red light that plants can't see, as opposed to green light (which is actually the case). He tells everyone that and several growers we both know in common have started to believe it and even pass it on! A couple even put red lights in their grow rooms so they can see during lights out. They often get hermies on stable strains and don't understand why and won't listen to the science, as they prefers the internet for their knowledge, good or bad.

Fair enough, beginners need to learn the ropes, but they also need to trust what they read/hear is true and know what ropes to learn. Certainly buying into one brand line isn't necessary even as a beginner. There are so many books/ videos on the subject now, unlike when I started growing with a sodium street lamp 20+ years ago and there were only a couple of seed banks and no one else I knew grew it. It was more like an underground scene then, you had to travel to a different city to get your kit, and it was hard to find out info specifically on growing ganja, but we learned from normal gardening books about NPK stages, our school biology lessons and experimentation...

Anyway sorry for the ramble, as you can tell I am a detail oriented person... haha

Happy growing.

Top Bottom