Canna Coco, Drain to Waste, Smartpots with LEDs & HPS/MH...

• Thread starter johnychaos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

johnychaos

My major summer project has come to an end so I'm prepping the tent for my 4th grow. I was gifted a 2x4 tray by a buddy and as I didn't know anything about irrigation I went to Home Depot and came up with a solution for my drain to waste system. Now just need to find a short 15+gal res (may be able to use one of my storage tubs...)

So, what I did was get a small pond pump which I'm going to upgrade soon (only getting about 1/2cup every 2 min per line... I'll just run the pump longer at first), a sprinkler drip setup which is meant for a yard sprinkler system to take one of the sprayers and convert to a drip system which can use 4-12 drip lines which gives me room for expansion if I ever decide to go SOG.

So the plan once I receive my Jack clones is to grow 4 plants in the tray. I grew 5 last time and it was too crowded so we'll see how 4 works - may have to cut it down to 2-3 next time....

A little bit about my setup:
  • 2x4 HydroHut tent
  • 6in S&P inline fan (also have another 4in S&P if needed or if the house cools enough to go back to it...)
  • 250w Digital Lumatek MH/HPS ballast outside the tent
  • 2 x 126w LED panels
  • 4x12 Phresh Carbon filter
  • 2x4 Ebb & Flow tray
  • 1gal & 3gal smartpots

I'll be getting clones here soon from my buddy - its a nice Jack cross that he gets a really good yield off of...

They'll be getting fed the RezDog/H3ad 6/9 formula except I'm gonna watch ppm a lot closer this time around keeping things under 1000ppm... I will also be using an enzyme, sweet and Kool Bloom powder during flower...

Canna coco drain to waste smartpots with leds  hpsmh
Canna coco drain to waste smartpots with leds  hpsmh 2
Canna coco drain to waste smartpots with leds  hpsmh 3
Canna coco drain to waste smartpots with leds  hpsmh 4
J

johnychaos

Thanks Monkey - can't wait myself. Sucks not having my own moms...

J

johnychaos

So, I got ripped beyond belief last night off my last batch of butter so I snapped off a few pics of the remainder of my stash. I also got a pic of some of the vegetable glycerin tincture I started and a new Almond milk drink I've been making...

These first 5 shots are nugs from the last harvest, a little purple, lots of red hairs and just covered in sugar. Looks like I've got about 5zips left as I can get a qp in each 1gal glass jar

This 6th shot is of the 2oz super suggary trim I am using with 16oz vegetable glycerin. This will be shaken daily (actually looking into a tumbler for tinctures) and go for a few months before being tested.

And the last 2 shots are of a drink I've been making to help with some shoulder pain I've had for the last few weeks.

I heat up a cup of almond milk in the microwave for about 1.5min, add cannabutter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and brown sugar to taste.
  • 1-2tsp cannabutter
  • Almond milk
  • brown sugar
  • vanilla extract
  • cinnamon

091010a
091010b
091010c
091010d
091010e
091010f
091010g
091010h
J

johnychaos

So I decided I'd try a second run on the trim so today I pulled the last 2 batches squeezed out cheesecloth balls and mixed them with the leftovers from last night and put another pound and a quarter of butter through it. I'm gonna let it simmer overnight and strain it in the morning.

I'm still super stoned from the cup of cannamond tea I made earlier today - good stuff!!

So below are 3 pics, the first is the butter in stick size measurements for easy use. They'll go in the fridge after they cool a bit then out of the cups and into the freezer... The second photo is the crockpot full of all the leftovers from round 1's... I'm interested to see if I can get anything else out - I've done it in the past on a smaller scale with success... And the 3rd photo is a batch of cookies I have in the oven. I use the Tollhouse Cookie recipie with cannabutter and 3x's the vanilla - I put in a greased jelly roll pan and bake at 325 for 30-35min. I'll get 24 cookies out of each pan which has 2 sticks of butter or 1/2lb.

091010aa
091010ab
091010ac
J

johnychaos

Looks like clones are gonna be a bit longer - buddy threw out his back and the clones didn't make it - at least he's doing okay!

So, the second run on butter was pretty much a dud, I used 1.5cups and made 24 ganja goo balls which taste fantastic but it takes 2 to barely feel anything. So, I've been eating a ganjaball and cookie with great results - the cookies put me to sleep sometime - one of these days I'll try 2 and see where that takes me.

As for the glycerin tincture - its on my desk and I try to flip the mason jar every time I notice the liquid has moved back to the bottom - the stuff is so thick its difficult to shake. I need to look into a rock tumbler and see if I can make it work with my mason jars...

Top Bottom