canna coco pro plus

• Thread starter shadyslater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

i would assume yes to both but not sure what difference is between normal canna and pro plus. is pro plus just available in uk?

budm

budm

You don't have to use coco nutes as long as you understand that coco binds Calcium and you are prepared to supplement Ca and Mag, if and when necessary.

As to the needing to ph question, what are you asking? With the Cana coco you don't need to ph the 'medium' but you should ph adjust your 'feeds'. 5.8-6.0 in veg and let it float up to 6.0-6.2 in flower and you should be fine.

How are you feeding and what's your schedule? Coco runs best when kept moist and not allowed to dry out. Smaller, more frequent feeds at a reduced strength work very well in this medium - in a DTW system with top drip.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

I'm using canna pro and canna a & b, thats it.

2 weeks in from seedling, just upped to bigger pots and added 1ml of a & b in 5l of water left out to gas in first feed, then only sprayed with mist, next feed is up to 3 ml of each, which will be today, next week, up to 6, then I'm not far off the canna guide which I always go below anyway

Amber

Amber

I love this medium. Its actually soft to touch. I don't know about everyone else but for that reason alone its one of my favorites. I know that fox farms and other mixes give me little splinters in my hands. I have used it with other nutrient lines with great results.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

I'm using canna pro and canna a & b, thats it.

2 weeks in from seedling, just upped to bigger pots and added 1ml of a & b in 5l of water left out to gas in first feed, then only sprayed with mist, next feed is up to 3 ml of each, which will be today, next week, up to 6, then I'm not far off the canna guide which I always go below anyway

i would bump the feeds (5-6ml then once vigorous hit @ 8-10ml)so they get good amounts of base from the get go but thats how i treat clones i dont know about seedlings but i would think they are similiar once they have a true set of leaves,

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

i would bump the feeds (5-6ml then once vigorous hit @ 8-10ml)so they get good amounts of base from the get go but thats how i treat clones i dont know about seedlings but i would think they are similiar once they have a true set of leaves,
Yeah mine have their first lot of true ones coming through now so next feed will be 4ml, and the one after, then will bump up to 6, gradual till just below canna guide, plants will tell me what they like anyway. Seedling need easing in but they are thriving now I have added nutes and humidifier.

You have to ph with every medium?
I leave my 5l of water out over night, then add canna a, shake like mad, add canna b, shake like mad. then ph test, always have to ph down.

Yeah I ph test water every time i feed and ph down when required.

shadyslater

shadyslater

So nobody has to adjust for dodgy ph in the run off? I know lots of peeps ph but also lots dont

Trend

Trend

You don't really need to test run off as long as you are feeding low ppm and watering correctly. Also run off ph is misleading and chasin it will more times then not cause nothing but problems.

shadyslater

shadyslater

so basically then i could run coco without ph'in

my plants are always super healthy without doin it and well if it aint broke dont fix it lol

Trend

Trend

You need to ph. But not for run off just for the food going in. If you haven't ph'd and you're plants are super healthy well that just means with your variables it comes out in an acceptable range. Lucky you lol.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Yes pal.

Especially if Like me your tap water can come out at 7.9ph

Top Bottom