Canna, H&G question for Coco

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I was noticing that most Coco farmers here use Canna(mostly) and H&G. In fact I think I have only seen 2 Advanced nutes, and a few DM,and GH...Those who use canna dont seem to use Coco but aqua flakes, why? Do you use the whole line-up or mix and match? I am just about to use the last of my Sensi Bloom a/b, and although I have 2 really good runs I would like to try going with what some of the more experienced, and succesful growers here use. To make it easier to get help when I need it, by useing basically the same products, so those helping me dont have to guess, but have actual experience with the product..Any input about mixing, and matching would be good. Any help would be great..Thanks
Here is some information about the grow. 1/2 is grow specifically for 6 215card holders(some of who help with the grow, and manicuring) with conditions ranging from fibromyalgia, lupus, Cfids, and leukemia.

2&3gallon smart pots
48plants under 5600 watts
Deadhead OG..1/3 of grow
psBubbleChunk(triple berryXsuperchunk)1/2 of grow

the rest of grow..1to3 each, by request from patients or gifted.
Caveman OG(AbusiveogXpre98'bubba)..these 2 look nothing alike
psNitnite(pre98'bubbaXAbusiveOG)*...these 2 look nothing alike
Tahoe OG
poison OG
Green Crack(candy)
Black Domina

*i think

S

Snow Crash

I don't know about people using Aqua Flakes, couldn't explain that one, but Canna Coco A+B works very well for certain.

IMO, something I don't see a lot of but that is a superior system is Botanicare's CNS 17 Coco/Soil Grow, Bloom, and Ripe. These systems are stand-alone and don't really require any tinkering (unless you're dialing in a specific phenotype to perfection).

With Canna Coco A+B I find they lack Iron and need a little extra potassium around the end of veg/transition to flowering than is provided. I've been using Botanicare Cal-Mag plus and a variety of potassium supplements (Liquid Karma, Deuce-Deuce, Pro-Tekt) to balance that out earlier on. Their Cannazym supplement at 0-2-1 is CRUCIAL for flowering health to balance out the system. If you don't get Cannazym pick up something else to compensate. I like Botanicare Hydroplex at 0-10-6.

I know you're looking to imitate someone else and my system is WAY too complicated to copy. I think your best bet is to pick a good one-part system like CNS 17 and save yourself a lot of trouble in the beginning. If you don't have room for experimentation then they are the best place to put your money, IMHO.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I've been running the canna line for awhile and really like it. Flavor smell and resin content comparable to my organic soil and promix crops. I tried a side by side adding overdrive to the canna line. The weight difference was negligible and the flavor was ruined in my and a couple of my patients opinion. We are also running the same strains in ebb buckets with the Lucas formula and the coco runs kill it in quality. Feel free to pm me if you want specifics.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
People use aqua flakes in coco when they are using some kind of recirculating feed system as the coco line from h&g is meant for run to waste only.

The main reason is calmag levels in the aqua flakes are higher meaning people o not need to normally apply further calmag. Though some grows recrc with coco feed with no issues. Very strain dependent.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Thanks for replies guy..Looks like I have a little research to do. Back with a few more questions...

S

smirkis

i use canna also, i use the coco a&b with the entire canna line of additives. i've had zero complaints and nothing but great buds. don't cut corners, fine tune and enjoy. canna tries to make it easy, help them help you, to great success lol. silicablast from botanicare, canna a&b, cannazyme, rhizotonic, pk13/14, boost. enjoyin every puff

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

i run h & g aqua flakes in coco instead of their cocos formula. i think their coco formula doesn't have enough calcium or magnesium for my strains and the extra calmag in flower can harsh up your flavor. aqua flakes runs super clean with 3 to 5 mls of calmag per gallon. i cut the calmag when i get to peak flower and i think my quality improved. a little bit of rusty leaves towards the end but i don't think they matter at that point.

canna isn't stocked at too many of the hydro shops in my area and h&g is pretty much flyin off the shelves. i've heard that van de zwann designed the canna line before starting up h&g. canna's stuff is actually manufactured at the h&g factory. you probably can't go wrong with either line.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

So "my" online hydro-shop sent me the "complete" line of Canna(for coco) to try out(which was very nice of them), and test it vs AN/pick, and mix.
So I will need to watch for cal/mag def?
Can I substitute canna's pk13/14 for hammerhead..which is at 1/4/10 now(?..seems to change every year or so) to go with MOAB or just use the Hammerhead(been told several times about hammerhead/moab mix)? or just stick to overdrive?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
If you can get Canadian xpress I highly recommend their superior potash. It's 9/18 and ges in at 1 ml / L and really cheap.

I suggest using at half strenth from day 14 and full strength from 21 - 28.

I am nit sure about Moab but if its another pk based late addition additive then us stop using the sup potash a few days before introducing the Moab.

Hope this helps. I switched from 13/14 years ago and never looked back.

smokey79

smokey79

i use canna also, i use the coco a&b with the entire canna line of additives. i've had zero complaints and nothing but great buds. don't cut corners, fine tune and enjoy. canna tries to make it easy, help them help you, to great success lol. silicablast from botanicare, canna a&b, cannazyme, rhizotonic, pk13/14, boost. enjoyin every puff

SAME- onlything is thier two part lil bit hi N for flower me thinks, should move ph where N less avadavle t speed up flower, I start watering week b4 flush with ph water to get t to use this up- this is when I see canna really work after you start taking the AB out to let it ripen allow 3 weeks from reducing EV,.8 be4yo think choppin, just wwhat seems to work for me am getin avrage 1.6g per Watt am more than happy with my nigs
:):harvest:#

Latest posts

Top Bottom