Canna nutes + blackstrap molasses

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

I bought blackstrap molasses after I read some promising info on how molasses promote a certain bacteria, which have a symbiotic relation with the plant roots. Simply, the roots feed off the bacteria and the bacteria feed off the roots.

My question is, what canna nute should I use a little less of, or should I even worry about that? According to the unsulphured, blackstrap molasses I bought (Plantation brand), it's also an excellent source of Iron, Calcium, and Potassium. Should I worry about too much calcium (since I'm using a lot of calmag already)?

a little off topic: I finally got a memory card for my cell phone, to allow me to transfer higher quality photos than my previous text-messages / online-album (and free now), so i'm planning to start up a journal on this first grow of mine. My strain is OG Raskal's Valley OG, and I'm getting REALLY close to 12/12 (I just want my leafs to be pretty first, indicating that I have at least a small grasp on the nutrient and water requirement of my plants). Just purchased some Drip Clean and Root Excelurator today as well.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
just feed the molasses very light - 1-2 tsp per 5 gal max - your just feeding the microbes (not big eaters) and the plants can only use so much sugar

been reading lately that the molasses blocks N uptake - I have never used to it feed bennies - just when I flush - so that makes sense to me

S

swisscheese

just feed the molasses very light - 1-2 tsp per 5 gal max - your just feeding the microbes (not big eaters) and the plants can only use so much sugar

been reading lately that the molasses blocks N uptake - I have never used to it feed bennies - just when I flush - so that makes sense to me

How would the molasses block nitrogen uptake? :rollj:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

It's not so much that the molasses blocks N uptake, it's that it can promote a population explosion of microbes, and those microbes will fix N into their own bodies, which makes it unavailable for the plant to take up. This is why many growers will do a big push of molasses toward the end of flowering, so that whatever N is available in the medium is no longer available, but immobilized in the bodies of the critters.

I use molasses and other sugars throughout the grow (though I wasn't as diligent this grow, felt the girls have enough going on between the RA Battle and PM battle still occurring).

Top Bottom