Canna Nutes ? Use them? LOVE them?

• Thread starter HotLooSey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HotLooSey

Considering switching to Canna line of nutes from AN. I grow in BioBizz and Canna Coco, in pots, in a drain to waste system.

Will be substituting Hygrozyme for Cannazyme.

Should I still use CalMag?
Root Excelurator?
Drip Clean?
Aquashield?
Rhino Skin?

What do you think?

<many thanks,

D

dman16

love them.

i use calmag+ at 5 ml/gal
drip clean
excelurator is nice but i like rhizotonic just as much
forget rhino skin get some pro-tek

Apache69

Apache69

Canna FTW

I am using Canna Nutes for this grow and it is super easy to use. I think the Boost is a little expensive but I hear that it is not necessary. I am going to try my next grow with out it.

I would think to just follow the feed chart Canna has and after a run or two under your belt then venture off adding other nutes into the mix. Keep us updated.

Cheers,

J

jimmygreen

i use the canna line and like it. It is super easy and have not had any problems.
You say the Boost is not necessary? What should i use in place or just stick with a &b and canazym during flowering? just doesnt seem right, but i am very interested as the boost does get expensive.
Cant wait to hear others input.

R

Roshambo

I've heard canna is pretty legit... i use H&G but i had a friend who used to us canna with great results

G

Gr8tefulred

I've been using Canna nutes with various different coir media's(etc. Bio Bizz, Canna Coco, Atami....) for around 4 years and have always loved them. There is no redundant or overlapping products in their line making substitutions easy. CalMag supps. aren't necessary unless using RO. The Boost isn't necessary, but either is any other supplements offered by most lines. The Boost makes a difference in my opinion for sure. It not only adds weight, but brings added flavor and aroma to this synthetic nute line. To be specific as to the difference Boost makes, I felt that after being an organic soil gardener the boost brought that familiar more organically produced oil structure. Bringing back the wet goopy oil, leaving that thin walled dry synthetic oil in the past.

S

Silica

You can do without boost but boost enhances flavour and smell. So i hear.
Ive never used boost.
I use vega flora and pk 13..some superthrive sometimes.
Sometimes others like bio bugs.thats it.

Ive had solid yeilds every time with canna gear especially with pk13/14. Not using boost. However people tell me it smells better with it.

M

mcpuffin

I've been using Canna nutes with various different coir media's(etc. Bio Bizz, Canna Coco, Atami....) for around 4 years and have always loved them. There is no redundant or overlapping products in their line making substitutions easy. CalMag supps. aren't necessary unless using RO. The Boost isn't necessary, but either is any other supplements offered by most lines. The Boost makes a difference in my opinion for sure. It not only adds weight, but brings added flavor and aroma to this synthetic nute line. To be specific as to the difference Boost makes, I felt that after being an organic soil gardener the boost brought that familiar more organically produced oil structure. Bringing back the wet goopy oil, leaving that thin walled dry synthetic oil in the past.

EXACTLY!:nerd
Boost is worth every penny IMO.

A

Azzazal

I use Canna line atm. It seems like the ultimate Kiss line!
Only thing I haven't used is the boost, I use TopMax instead, seems to work well.
Would love to see some plants ran side by side with and without boost, Wont be me though, I'm to tight fisted!

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

How stable is the PH? Or are there any tips to minimize adjusting PH? TIA

H

happy1

thumbs up canna!

I'm a first time user of coco and the canna line of nutes and i couldnt be happier. always used pro-mix with advanced nutes, great stuff, but canna much easier to work with ,unbelievable results, my mentor is even switching. I'm using an ro unit so i added cal-mag and pro-tek and also used gravity and purple maxx, old habits die hard..overall best batch of bud in 5 years!

O

okcomputer42

I choose almost the whole canna line for my first run in coco.
Canna Coco A & B
Canna Rhizo
Canna Boost
Canna PK 13/14

I also bought Great White, Hygrozyme, MagiCal, and Bud Candy.

Do you guys have any comments, suggestions, or additions to this for a first time coco grow?

Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.

Peace and love,
OK

R

rattyraiz

used the entire canna line and then switched to a modified lucas formula. If I had a time warp I would have made the switch eons ago. That said nothing wrong with Canna's line. I will say that about the only thing Boost seemed to do was improve flavor. Plenty of cheaper alternatives for this too.

O

okcomputer42

Thanks Ratty!

I was think of going with H&G's Bud XL as an alternative to Canna's Boost, but wasn't completely sure if was compatible as a switch out. Does anybody have any thoughts or recommendations as an alternative to Boost?

Peace and love,
OK

M

minster

cal mag

I'm a first time user of coco and the canna line of nutes and i couldnt be happier. always used pro-mix with advanced nutes, great stuff, but canna much easier to work with ,unbelievable results, my mentor is even switching. I'm using an ro unit so i added cal-mag and pro-tek and also used gravity and purple maxx, old habits die hard..overall best batch of bud in 5 years!

- I have an RO unit, can you tell me when and how much Cal-mag you use pls.

thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom