Canna Pro Plus soil PH defaults at 6.0?

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Hey guys.

I've just now planted some girls in Canna Pro Plus, been using it for years. Always thought it was PHed at 6.6 out of the bag. I would swear i remember a previous bag saying it.

However I just added some 6.6 water to it and the run off is at 5.9-6.0.

Is this normal? The bag says "6.0 phed(water zone)". Should i be water at about ph 7.0 to bring the soil medium up to the 6.5 area?

Thanks lads

Tt

T

theTinker

I've changed the PH of one of the soil pots to 6.5. It took about 20 liters of water at 7.0 to make the run off 6.5.

I'm going to do this to all of my pots now and see how it goes. I have a nute solution in the water. I assume its ok to keep using the same recycled water from the soil and keep adjusting the ph.

T

theTinker

Read more about the particular soil. From thier international depot. the gauranteed soil ph is between 5.7->6.3... Thats a very big bleeding gap. From usable out of the bag @ 6.3, to hours of ph adjusting at 5.7...

Next time i do this, Ill ph water to about 8.0 and adjust the soil before the plants go into it.

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

I recently had some ph issues using the canna terra and to be fair i have since learnt that tap water in my part of the uk does not need ph adjustment in that soil, not sure if that apply´s or not

A

ash21

HI guys/Girl,
Bruce you say you have been having problems with your PH in Canna Terra it seems i to am having what seems to be the same could i ask what part of the UK ( if its the UK your from) also you had had so i take it you sorted your problem could i ask what did u do to sort it ?,
its my first time using canna terra plus always been a bio-bizz all mix thinking about going bk and repotting my plants given they are only 2 weeks old

fractal

fractal

holy crap man designer brand Canna soil? What is that like 50 bucks for 2 cubic feet? I don't know who can afford to use Canna coco or in this case soil, but if you can more power to you I suppose.

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

HI guys/Girl,
Bruce you say you have been having problems with your PH in Canna Terra it seems i to am having what seems to be the same could i ask what part of the UK ( if its the UK your from) also you had had so i take it you sorted your problem could i ask what did u do to sort it ?,
its my first time using canna terra plus always been a bio-bizz all mix thinking about going bk and repotting my plants given they are only 2 weeks old

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

My canna terra soil is £10 for 50ltr about $6 or $7 I think yah works out at

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Firstly ash I stopped using the canna plus (drys out to quick and not many base nutes in so very unforgiving) I just use the canna terra soil (don't use coco) I was adjusting the ph and I found out that soil (the right one for pot) has it's own buffer system. Tap water left to sit over night to let the fluoride or chlorine evaporate (I forget which lol) with nutes added last min is the way forward. Sorted me out a treat mate.

Top Bottom