CANNA START - Load of shite!

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

I was gifted a load of Canna Start a while back and it's garbage.

My tap water is ec 0, ph 6.2

Takes 10ml per litre of Start to give ec 1.2 - WTF, this seems like very dilute stuff to me.

But what really makes it shite is the lack of PH balancing, adding 10ml to a litre of ph 6.2 water drops the PH to 2.6, this is simply unacceptable.

The bottle doesn't expire till 14-10-10 so it's not old or anything, just think it's shite, and worst of all, I have 8 bottles of it and no other nutrients to hand I can use instead, and I have no PH up or down here either, so tomorrow I'm going to have to go to the local garden centre and buy a bottle of general purpose 5-5-5 tomato nutes, that is if I can get someone to lend me 3.49 to buy a bottle and I can be arsed walking 3 miles there and 3 miles back. Cheers Canna!

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
You got it for free so what's the big deal ?

B

British_Hempire

It's a bad product, whether free or otherwise, just thought it good to share experiences. If it was really good, I'd have posted a thread praising it, but it's got severe dosage and ph issues so I felt it was only right to point this out.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I got ya , I was gonna get some because ripz mentioned it and I had never used it and had no idea they made it . I always think if it's not broke why fix it so I just stick to small dose of A+B at the start .

U

ukcheesehead

I got ya , I was gonna get some because ripz mentioned it and I had never used it and had no idea they made it . I always think if it's not broke why fix it so I just stick to small dose of A+B at the start .

i was going to use it as well a cpl of grows ago . glad i didnt . i just start feeding a ec of 0.8 of A/B and i/2 ml a ltr of regen a root

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

sounds like you lead the same life as me bh, broke as fuck! Little help for ya, now it is something you would have to order, but for 20 bucks you can have enough of this nutirent to last for half a year, excellent to have kicking around for times like this. Its called Bigfoot , 10 bucks canadian for a l bottle, not the best product, but a cheap way to save from this problem before it starts. Not sure if this spots would ship there, but just so you can see the product. Not much help, but hey, its something.

B

British_Hempire

A+B from the start works great, stick with that. I used Formulex for years, that's wicked stuff, wish I had some now!

is this what u soaked the seeds in that failed ?

I don't soak seeds in anything, just moisten paper towels in plain water, this is what I've been doing since I grew my first plant aged about 3 (not ganja I hasten to add, my grandfather was a gardener and I lived with him till I was 13 and he died) and I've never had any problems with this method, if it ain't broke don't fix it! It was what I was feeding my 2 clones and they both have purple petioles, telling me they have a phosphorous deficiency, I think this is due to PH lockout of K, never had this with Formulex or Canna A+B.

i was going to use it as well a cpl of grows ago . glad i didnt . i just start feeding a ec of 0.8 of A/B and i/2 ml a ltr of regen a root

I start at ec 1.0, ph 6 with 0.2ml per litre of roots excel, works a treat, or rather it did!

sounds like you lead the same life as me bh, broke as fuck! Little help for ya, now it is something you would have to order, but for 20 bucks you can have enough of this nutirent to last for half a year, excellent to have kicking around for times like this. Its called Bigfoot , 10 bucks canadian for a l bottle, not the best product, but a cheap way to save from this problem before it starts. Not sure if this spots would ship there, but just so you can see the product. Not much help, but hey, its something.

Broke as fuck is spot on, I made 20 quid fixing someone's PC today and had to give it to my mother to buy food. My mate who's going to the 420 cup with me has gone and booked an expensive set of flights and hotel, just told me today, how the fuck I'm gonna pay for it didn't occur to him, I told him 'book the cheapest flight and hotel' and somehow he interpreted that as 'book whatever you fancy' FFS. I've just given the plants a dose of homemade seaweed extract I've made by letting 5 species of seaweed I collected from the beach half a mile away rot in a bucket for a month, it has a ph of 6.2 and an ec of 3.2, when watered down to ec 1.2 the ph dropped to 5.7, which will do fine, i just hope this keeps em going till I can get some proper coco nutes. I did had a litre of Hesi Coco somewhere but can I find it?

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
damn that sucks i got some extra stuff laying around i could give you but i live on the other side of the ocean maybe send it 2 u let me know if i can help

H

hazyfontazy

i have another theory,,,its the curse of the book,remember what i said about the book u borrowed,weird

B

British_Hempire

i have another theory,,,its the curse of the book,remember what i said about the book u borrowed,weird

It is wierd, don't tell me since you got the book back your green thumb has returned? Mine has left the building! Even my El Yucateca cut is looking poorly and that is the hardiest, near-immortal plant known to man!

i got a spare bottle of formulex and a litre of a+b you can have bh, sorry your having hard times bro it happens to the best of us , ppl have always helped me out so would like to do the same for you if you'll let me :)

:pimp:

It would cost ya a fortune to mail that mate, if I can figure out what I have in the kitchen cupboard that will raise PH, the Canna Start will do fine, I have malt vinegar, but that's acid, wonder what's alkali and not harmful to plants?

7rayos

Raise ph, i think baking soda should do that. If you haven't got it in the house it's quite cheap stuff.

B

British_Hempire

I have baking soda, I'll make a solution and test the Ph, see if I can use it as Ph up.

hubcap

hubcap

thanks for taking a bullet, BH.
if it helps, were now wiser as a community...

ive got a coupla purple hearts myself mate. sorry for the bad review but thanks for post the results.

B

British_Hempire

I'm fully prepared to accept that Canna Start is okay and I just made a fuckup, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why ph 6.2 water would plummet to under ph 3 when adding the nutes, I took the same water and added my own seaweed extract and chicken manure extract and the PH didn't plummet, in fact, I can't remember ever having PH problems like this. So while I'm sure I could be wrong, I don't know what else I could have done different. One thing I am sure I'm right about though is the dosage rate, you need far more ml per litre to get to the ec needed than you do with Formulex or many other nutrients I have used for starting seeds, and Formulex is designed for the same purpose as Start - for young seedlings and clones. If I had bought a bottle of Start and had these problems, I'd definitely be on to Canna to complain.

I

I N Hail

High BH

Man bro i've been reading you threads And your just having the worst
luck right now,first your seeds now this, Dam that's crazy bro.

Here in th US there used to be a TV show called "Hee Haw"(comedy 30yrs ago)
they singed a tune that went.
If it wasn't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all
and it came to mind cuz your having it NOW

But as a great friend allway's said,,You cant judge a man by how he's knocked down
you judge him by how he get's up.

I'm sure you'll be back on top in no time.:joint:

Good luck

Later
I N Hail

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are in a city you can get a small bottle of potassium hydroxide or potassium silicate cheap, both good for plants. You can get these at a lab supply. Being in europe you have access to Haifa chemicals poly feed gg. they have a lot of clean food grade formulas. I would put them up against Canna. 25 kg bag $25-32 US gram/lt Would last you years as a back up(and still be good) if you don't like it. They even have a kelp polymar I think its called and their aminos are dirt cheap. I hope it all works out for you. JK

Top Bottom