Cannabis Ale. How To Brew Your Own.

• Thread starter foolsgold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

foolsgold

as a avid homebrewer, hop farmer, and recreational pot grower i have found a way to combine all three of my passions into one amazing dream in a bottle. the wonderful thing about making a cannabis ale is that you can brew any style beer you like and turn it into a beer that gets you both stoned and drunk. i have friends with serious stomach problems that swear my hopped up cannabis ales are the best thing for their belly(in moderation of coarse)
You see hops like cannabis have medicinal properties that sooth belly aches, aid in digestion, and even help allieviate anxiety. this is why i prefer to do my cannabis ales with loads of hops, and lots of alcohol to help dissolve the THC into the wort(fermenting beer)
don't be intimidated and think that theres no way you could ever afford or figure out how to brew your own beer. i will break this down so that any person can create a cannabis ale of their very own. there are a few key factors that you need to understand when making a cannabis ale.
1) create a high alcohol recipe. i like barley wines, imperial i.p.a., stouts, even pale ales. anything that will end up being higher than 6.5%abv.
2) add your cannabis after primary fermentation has ended.(majority of sugars turned to alcohol)
those are just the basics of a cannabis ale. true strenghth is up to you and personally i like mine to be around10% with an ounce and a half of bomb.
RECIPE: all extract-4lbs pale liquid malt extract, 4lbs extra light dry malt extract, 1/2 lbs caramel 20 l crushed malted barley, 1oz of 10%alpha acid hops or higher for 60 mins, 1oz of 6.5-7%alpha acid for 30 mins, 1oz of same for 15 mins, 1oz of fav. hops for dry hopping, american yeast, and you can either use a shit ton of trimmins or an ounce or above of fine cannabis. add cannabis during secondary fermentation.
All grain recipe: 10lbs belgian pale malt, 1lbs caramel 20l,1/2lbs belgian biscuit, and same hops and yeast. add cannabis during secondary ferm.
MR. BEER KITS- this one is for everyone who doesn't know anything about brewing but are interested. go get a mr. beer kit, follow directions, and add cannabis one week before you bottle. there you have it. trust me with a little effort this can really be this easy. and remember the first and for most rule to brewing beer. IT's 90% SANITATION, 5% ART, AND 5% LUCK(not really the #1 rule to brewing, but it is key) cheers abd good luck . foolsgold.:beer

B

Beeronymous

dude,check this thread out

i've been looking into this whole brew your own thing(minus the dope) and it actually looks like alot of fun

F

foolsgold

dude. you gotta start brewing. for me nothing is more relaxing than a good hard day of brewing. i've done over 500 -5 gallon batches, and nothing makes me happier than sippin on some homebrew while puffin some homegrown. just dive in and start somewhere. thats how i did it. i woke up one day and decided to brew my own beer, i went and got all the equipment, did my research, and just gave it a go. you will be suprised what you can do at home. several years later i've brewed over 2,500 gallons of beer, bottled over 50,000 beers, and now own my an acre of organic hops. i love beer, but i do beleive in moderation of alcohol. so sip, don't chug my friends.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

nice..beer and weed together..my favorites! Thanks for sharing.

F

fitz23

Hey, I'm actually kind of upset that I found this thread four years late but I do have some questions regarding the brewing of cannabis ale

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Hey, I'm actually kind of upset that I found this thread four years late but I do have some questions regarding the brewing of cannabis ale

it was a great bump never the less!^^

F

fitz23

Does anyone know if I added leaves to the grains while steeping, will the recipe work?

T

Timptation74

as a avid homebrewer, hop farmer, and recreational pot grower i have found a way to combine all three of my passions into one amazing dream in a bottle. the wonderful thing about making a cannabis ale is that you can brew any style beer you like and turn it into a beer that gets you both stoned and drunk. i have friends with serious stomach problems that swear my hopped up cannabis ales are the best thing for their belly(in moderation of coarse)
You see hops like cannabis have medicinal properties that sooth belly aches, aid in digestion, and even help allieviate anxiety. this is why i prefer to do my cannabis ales with loads of hops, and lots of alcohol to help dissolve the THC into the wort(fermenting beer)
don't be intimidated and think that theres no way you could ever afford or figure out how to brew your own beer. i will break this down so that any person can create a cannabis ale of their very own. there are a few key factors that you need to understand when making a cannabis ale.
1) create a high alcohol recipe. i like barley wines, imperial i.p.a., stouts, even pale ales. anything that will end up being higher than 6.5%abv.
2) add your cannabis after primary fermentation has ended.(majority of sugars turned to alcohol)
those are just the basics of a cannabis ale. true strenghth is up to you and personally i like mine to be around10% with an ounce and a half of bomb.
RECIPE: all extract-4lbs pale liquid malt extract, 4lbs extra light dry malt extract, 1/2 lbs caramel 20 l crushed malted barley, 1oz of 10%alpha acid hops or higher for 60 mins, 1oz of 6.5-7%alpha acid for 30 mins, 1oz of same for 15 mins, 1oz of fav. hops for dry hopping, american yeast, and you can either use a shit ton of trimmins or an ounce or above of fine cannabis. add cannabis during secondary fermentation.
All grain recipe: 10lbs belgian pale malt, 1lbs caramel 20l,1/2lbs belgian biscuit, and same hops and yeast. add cannabis during secondary ferm.
MR. BEER KITS- this one is for everyone who doesn't know anything about brewing but are interested. go get a mr. beer kit, follow directions, and add cannabis one week before you bottle. there you have it. trust me with a little effort this can really be this easy. and remember the first and for most rule to brewing beer. IT's 90% SANITATION, 5% ART, AND 5% LUCK(not really the #1 rule to brewing, but it is key) cheers abd good luck . foolsgold.:beer[/quote

T

Timptation74

I'm really interested in this and I'm a good brewer. A friend says to soak your buds in water for several hours to eliminate chlorophyll. What do you think?

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

▲▲▲▲i can see the logic, it wont hurt i guess.

420er

Yeah, you're supposed to soak for a few hours, use a specialized nylon brewing bag u can get at a brew shop. THC isn't water-soluble, so wont dissolve or mix into the water, although they can fall off, hence the nylon bags...THC is alcohol-soluble, so add the bud after fermentation a little while before bottling, allowing the THC to dissolve and mix into the alcohol...then bottle and enjoy when they're ready. I'm interested in doing some of my own and so far that's what I've found with a little research...will be getting set up and start brewing next month...hoping to go into business for myself here in Washington state...

Top Bottom