Cannabis And Insomnia

• Thread starter StephanLowe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StephanLowe

StephanLowe

Many times I've heard that Cannabis can help with insomnia, but can't find any information about which type of consuming is better for this issue. Found some articles about some types of CBD Oil, like this: https://www.ncsm.nl/english/cbd-oil/is-cbd-oil-good-for-insomnia.

Have never tried it, but I do smoke a lot (it doesn't really help me anyway). Can you tell me: is that article right? Is consuming the CBD Oil really better than smoking some specific medical sorts?

Dan789

Dan789

Many times I've heard that Cannabis can help with insomnia, but can't find any information about which type of consuming is better for this issue. Found some articles about some types of CBD Oil, like this: https://www.ncsm.nl/english/cbd-oil/is-cbd-oil-good-for-insomnia.

Have never tried it, but I do smoke a lot (it doesn't really help me anyway). Can you tell me: is that article right? Is consuming the CBD Oil really better than smoking some specific medical sorts?
Btw white widow is is a Sativa dominant strain, I’d be growing a pure indica’s for more of a relaxing or for better relief from insomnia. Just sayin.

F

FutureGrower

I like heavy bodied kushs for sleep. But I still have bad insomnia at times. Cbd is great but I use CBD in the morning to help me relax through the day, I've never had a cbd that's relaxed me enough to sleep.

However If you're tired and anxious CBD can clear some of that anxiety and that might get you to sleep

Unit541

Unit541

If I let my Sour Bubble go 11 weeks, staying awake after a bowl is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do.

R

Runedragon

BBased on my experience, I can say, to adjust the mode of the day and good sleep, I was helped by sport three times a week in the first half of the day and a balanced diet, I began to look better and brought my body to tone. My body simply lacked vitamins to cope with stress try this

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

BBased on my experience, I can say, to adjust the mode of the day and good sleep, I was helped by sport three times a week in the first half of the day and a balanced diet, I began to look better and brought my body to tone. My body simply lacked vitamins to cope with stress try this

Excellent article and perspective on this. Nice post!

the rrock

the rrock

I had problems with sleep,other than ambien,ive been using Black Domina as my goto strain for insomnia. Been growing BD and crosses since 1981 when I saw it in the Sensi catalog.There are a few others that work also mostly strains originating from hash producing plants in Afghanistan. I would be interested if any of the new so called breeders popping up have any strains that help with sleep.

jamesicb

jamesicb

There are different strains of marijuana. Some are more energizing, and some are calming and sedating depending on the balance of the different cannabinoids.

First, here’s a quick primer on the science behind marijuana. This herb works because it contains different cannabinoids, two of which you’ll see most often:

Cannabidiol (CBD). CBD has a number of health benefits, and is nonpsychoactive, meaning it doesn’t cause you to feel “high.”
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC, a psychoactive cannabinoid, is primarily responsible for that “high” feeling. Something else THC is responsible for? Inducing sleepTrusted Source. So you’ll want a strain that contains more THC than CBD.

According to a 2008 studyTrusted Source, ingesting marijuana strains with higher levels of THC typically reduces the amount of REM sleep you get. Reducing REM sleep means reducing dreams — and for those who experience PTSD, it could mean reducing nightmares.

So the theory is that if you spend less time dreaming, you’ll spend more time in a “deep sleep” state. The deep sleep state is thought to be the most restorative, restful part of the sleep cycle.

Still, REM is important for healthy cognitive and immune functioning, and marijuana with higher THC levels could impair your sleep quality if taken long term.

But this isn’t true across the board. Some studies have found that sleep can actually be impaired by regular use of marijuana. It’s clear that marijuana changes sleep cycles.

ForrestHolt

ForrestHolt

Yes, CBD oil is definitely effective for inducing quality sleep. The type of consumption method for inducing sleep usually depends on concentration or body weight or desired effects or your tolerance levels. Here is a link that will tell you the right dosage in every type of CBD products available and how they might be helpful in your case. . Just go slow and low in the start and gradually increase your dosage.

Julez

Julez

The past few months I have dealt with severe insomnia - so bad to the point where I once went a whole week with no real, good sleep. It really bothered me because I have nothing in my life stressing me out or giving me anxiety, my body just would not shut down. I tried everything in the book - Benadryl, staying up as late as possible, reading, not looking at screens at night. Nothing worked. Took me 1 week to get my medical card online. The only time I would actually get some sort of regular sleep was if I was drunk. I would smoke weed occasionally, however I heard it helped a lot of people with sleep so I decided I should get a pen for myself and see how it worked. It literally got my mind into the exact state of relaxation I needed to drift off peacefully. I would also sometimes fall asleep to a TV show after taking a quick hit too, which really helped. Now, I don't need weed to sleep, but I do sleep to a TV show still. If anyone has doubts about weed, I recommend giving it a try in a small dosage. It really could work wonders for you and I hope that many of you can find the solution you need.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I had problems with sleep,other than ambien,ive been using Black Domina as my goto strain for insomnia. Been growing BD and crosses since 1981 when I saw it in the Sensi catalog.There are a few others that work also mostly strains originating from hash producing plants in Afghanistan. I would be interested if any of the new so called breeders popping up have any strains that help with sleep.
GDP for me!

helen72

helen72

one of my friends says his indica helps him with his insomnia, but i don't believe him, i think it's his SSRIs that help him lol.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

one of my friends says his indica helps him with his insomnia, but i don't believe him, i think it's his SSRIs that help him lol.
Trust him..I had insomnia for 10 yrs..Now I sleep like a kid..and YES..Indicas are better for night time. SSRI's are pretty dangerous imo. Took therm too.
Happy to say that in my old age..I take nada from Big Pharma..NOTHING except an occasional asprin for a headache. If my old muscles hurt..I rub a lil homemade THC tincture and they feel better fast

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I agree i sleep easier when smoking but same time I wouldnt say I sleep better. I stop dreaming when im a stoner. Barley no Dreams or memories of Dreams at all. When I stop smoking after a week or two i start dreaming again like crazy very livid Dreams like i was on ayahuascaor something

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

There was a time when I dreaded trying to go to sleep. It was not a fun 10 years. (not to mention the constant pain).
Yep..I don't dream, but imo..any sleep is better then no sleep at all.

Top Bottom