Cannabis As Art

• Thread starter Aeryn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aeryn

Aeryn

For the past three years or so, I've been working on a collection of photos called Cannabis As Art. Living in Alaska has given me an open door to many strains to photograph. I've recieved scorn and disrespect from other photographers in the art community over my chosen subject, and I almost gave up on it entirely. Once the dispensaries in Anchorage started showcasing local artists did I get up the courage to try once again to showcase my works. I'm not one for very long posts, so I'll present some of my pieces to this community and see what you guys think.
Fantasy bud

Fantasy Bud
Featured Strain: Kandy Kush
This was the one that started it all. The plant belonged to a very good friend of mine who was more than happy to let me practice my macro photography skills on his plants while my family visited with his wife. Many times, I would be in his grow room with him talking plants and photos while I got to learn how to grow myself.
Water drop edited dxo

Water Drop
Featured Strain: unknown
This was one of our first plants grown from a seed. The seed came from a vial of seeds that my husband and I had collected over the years in Texas. We honestly didn't expect it to germinate. It was one of those " hey, let's see what happens" moments. We put it in soil, watered it, you know the basics, and about a week later, we had a seedling. this was taken right after a cal/mag treatment, while everything was still wet. This single drop caught my eye, and came out great in my own opnion.
Almost done

Almost Done, Never Quite Finished
The title says it all, lol. I was about halfway through editing and hit artists block.
Papaya kevin in eagle river

Papayan Dreams
Featured Strain: Papaya
For a short time, I was a freelance journalist for a small newsletter up here called the CannaPress. During that time, my articles mainly consisted of me sharing other peoples stories of how cannabis as a whole has helped improve their lives. I believe all total, I have less than ten published artlicles. I digress...a gentleman reached out to me on social media and agreed to let me come out to his home and interview him. he also showed me his one little operation that he built by hand in his garage. He was growing a strain called Papaya. It smelled so delicious, even before it was dried out. The taste was heavenly.
Papayan magic

Papayan Magic
A different twist on the same plant, but a different cola.
Starry buds

Starry Buds
I started playing with bokeh with the plants.

There are a few of my cannabis shots. Whatcha think?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
For the past three years or so, I've been working on a collection of photos called Cannabis As Art. Living in Alaska has given me an open door to many strains to photograph. I've recieved scorn and disrespect from other photographers in the art community over my chosen subject, and I almost gave up on it entirely. Once the dispensaries in Anchorage started showcasing local artists did I get up the courage to try once again to showcase my works. I'm not one for very long posts, so I'll present some of my pieces to this community and see what you guys think.
View attachment 912081
Fantasy Bud
This was the one that started it all. The plant belonged to a very good friend of mine who was more than happy to let me practice my macro photography skills on his plants while my family visited with his wife. Many times, I would be in his grow room with him talking plants and photos while I got to learn how to grow myself.
View attachment 912082
Water Drop
Featured Strain: unknown
This was one of our first plants grown from a seed. The seed came from a vial of seeds that my husband and I had collected over the years in Texas. We honestly didn't expect it to germinate. It was one of those " hey, let's see what happens" moments. We put it in soil, watered it, you know the basics, and about a week later, we had a seedling. this was taken right after a cal/mag treatment, while everything was still wet. This single drop caught my eye, and came out great in my own opnion.
View attachment 912085
Almost Done, Never Quite Finished
The title says it all, lol. I was about halfway through editing and hit artists block.
View attachment 912088
Papayan Dreams
For a short time, I was a freelance journalist for a small newsletter up here called the CannaPress. During that time, my articles mainly consisted of me sharing other peoples stories of how cannabis as a whole has helped improve their lives. I believe all total, I have less than ten published artlicles. I digress...a gentleman reached out to me on social media and agreed to let me come out to his home and interview him. he also showed me his one little operation that he built by hand in his garage. He was growing a strain called Papaya. It smelled so delicious, even before it was dried out. The taste was heavenly.
View attachment 912089
Papayan Magic
A different twist on the same plant, but a different cola.View attachment 912090
Starry Buds
I started playing with bokeh with the plants.

There are a few of my cannabis shots. Whatcha think?
Your getting creative and I canā€™t knock that. But if you search doobieduck on this site he is one of the best in the biusness.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Your getting creative and I canā€™t knock that. But if you search doobieduck on this site he is one of the best in the biusness.

Doobieduck. That name brings back a lot of good memories haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

KLight03

KLight03

So glad I found this thread. Great pictures, Y'all! Challenge accepted. :)

Aeryn

Aeryn

Here is another one I recently finished and can be found on redbubble for sale along with the rest of my cannabis collection. Featured Strain is Toboggan, and it was grown by a friend of mine. I call it " It's All In The Crystals"

20200124 162249
KLight03

KLight03

Here is another one I recently finished and can be found on redbubble for sale along with the rest of my cannabis collection. Featured Strain is Toboggan, and it was grown by a friend of mine. I call it " It's All In The Crystals"
Love it. It's almost 3D like. I'm sure that's what you were going for, just call me Capt. Obvious.

Aeryn

Aeryn

Some new additions. Hubby refers to these two as a his and hers version of the same plant. Featured Strain is Toboggan.
20200204 200004 20200204202102895

Blue Magic
20200204 200004

Taking It Back Old School- I wanted to bring back the old nostalgia of film. Something about the slightly out of focus and the scratches and grainy look reminds me of when photographers weren't trying to create a painting from a photo. This one is currently up for sale on a variety of products on redbubble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom