Cannabis becomes Class B drug today (UK)

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Roger Irrelevant

Yup, it's a farce, a debacle, a travesty.
Fuck off Gordon Brown indeed (like we really needed another reason to tell him to fuck off).
I was out in the City today, by the bank of england & I noticed some wag has graffiti'd (sp?) "Gordon Brown is a twat" in big letters on one of those BT cabinets in the street.
How I laughed. Apt in so many ways.

Well, I gave up smoking weed for years. All the time it was at class C, as it goes. Now she's back to a B, I'm just about to complete my first home grow, and pretty soon will be blazing up my first bifter in almost a decade. Fuck em. Mr. Brown can suck my fucking bawsack.

S

Sativaindica

Also, given that Big Boy Brown's case is that 'skunk' [gotta admit tho, dont you just LOVE how everyone says it?] is more harmful, in regards to causing phsychological damage, I would just like to point out the pooled odds ratio on cannabis and mental health disorders.

Basically:
<1 no damage, actually beneficial
>1 damage caused

scale is infinite, as the number increases, too does the risk factor.

Cannabis VS Mental Health 1.4

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/8/289
Alcohol VS Tuberculosis 3.5

http://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/14/5/315
1-4 cigs per day;

ischaemic heart disease men:2.74 Woman:2.94
lung cancer M:2.79 F:5.03
death by any cause M:1.57 F:1.47

Smoking 1-4 a day is TWICE as likely to give you lung cancer as weed will mental damage, then consdider someon who smokes 20 a day...

buttyrekka

buttyrekka

i will/would never vote tory.i grew up poor and in the 80's through the falklands/riots/racism/football hooligans in one of the poorest areas of england i would die before voting for tories,i know what the torys do to the poor.......
BUT..fuck me,what have labour done for this country.we are a foot away from bankruptcy,corruption everywhere,massive unemployment,best underage criminals of europe,biggest under16's pregnant,loads of hard drug users,stabbings aplenty yet they still fuck with cannabis users?we need a general election:(

F

FastForward

[gotta admit tho, dont you just LOVE how everyone says it?]

Yep....but in the very least they should be talking about the Cheese or a Kush perhaps. Skunk is so early 90s.... plus wouldn't you rather see "My Jonny went schizo on Quad Purple Doja Spacedawg (Dysentery Cut) x Highland Purple Afghan SSSDH BX4" on the 9 O'Clock news? :)

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

:joint:I always thought mine was gradeAAA anyway.All its going to do is drive the price up,already hearing about £10/g for wet shit localy

H

hazyfontazy

:joint:I always thought mine was gradeAAA anyway.All its going to do is drive the price up,already hearing about £10/g for wet shit localy

.8 in most places for soaking wet cheese that aint

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff

prices have been 10/gram for over a year in the uk now....well in the midlands anyway

S

Sativaindica

i will/would never vote tory.i grew up poor and in the 80's through the falklands/riots/racism/football hooligans in one of the poorest areas of england i would die before voting for tories,i know what the torys do to the poor.......
(

They divide and Conquer. Thats what Thatcher did leading up to the Falklands war, knowing that the Chicago boys technique which had destroyed chile's economy could not be done in a democratic country. So they set about a new tactic in which the offered low cut mortgage rates to those who could afford it, which naturally, as home owners, became more submissive to the Torry way of life.

Ofcourse, this only leads unto further School of Chicago economics policies, deregeulation, privatisation, and removal of the public sector all epitomized by taking on the Coal workers union.

Personally I dont buy into the lesser of 2 evils stance, fuck elections man. You would have more effect walking up and tossin' one out in the ballot box

S

Sativaindica

Yep....but in the very least they should be talking about the Cheese or a Kush perhaps. Skunk is so early 90s.... plus wouldn't you rather see "My Jonny went schizo on Quad Purple Doja Spacedawg (Dysentery Cut) x Highland Purple Afghan SSSDH BX4" on the 9 O'Clock news? :)

so true, i would love to just hear them talk about Haze on TV.

BTW, lovin the Joe Rogan quote, so true.

Per chance, you follow MMA?

F

FastForward

Per chance, you follow MMA?

Yup...UFC lover since Gracie in UFC1....Setanta subscriber and looking forward to tonight's GSP v Penn mashup :) Maybe we should start an MMA thread in the Smokers Lounge?

S

Slick

For the Government to use the "link" between cannabis and losing the plot as part of thier propoganda is just another reason why they shouldn't be trusted regardless of what political party they stand for.

A report done in Denmark a few years ago indicates that cannabis induced psychosis doesn't exist, here is a summary of it:

Comparison of Subjects Treated for Cannabis-Induced Psychosis and Schizophrenia

Mikkel Arendt, MScPsych, PhD; Preben B. Mortensen, DrMedSc; Raben Rosenberg, DrMedSc; Carsten B. Pedersen, MSc; Berit L. Waltoft, MSc.

Context: Cannabis-induced psychosis is considered a distinct clinical entity in the existing psychiatric diagnostic systems. However, the validity of the diagnosis is uncertain.
Objectives: To establish rate ratios of developing cannabis-induced psychosis associated with predisposition to psychosis and other psychiatric disorders in a firstdegree relative and to compare them with the corresponding rate ratios for developing schizophrenia spectrum disorders.
Design: A population-based cohort was retrieved from the Danish Psychiatric Central Register and linked with the Danish Civil Registration System. History of treatment of psychiatric disorder in family members was used as an indicator of predisposition to psychiatric disorder. Rate ratios of cannabis-induced psychosis and schizophrenia associated with predisposition to psychiatric disorders were compared using competing risk analyses.
Setting: Nationwide population-based sample of all individuals born in Denmark between January 1,1955, and July 1, 1990 (N=2 276 309).
Patients: During the 21.9 million person-years of follow-up between 1994 and 2005, 609 individuals received treatment of a cannabis-induced psychosis and 6476 received treatment of a schizophrenia spectrum disorder.
Results: In general, the rate ratios of developing cannabis induced psychosis and schizophrenia spectrum disorder associated with predisposition to schizophrenia spectrum disorder, other psychoses, and other psychiatric disorders in first-degree relatives were of similar magnitude. However, children with a mother with schizophrenia were at a 5-fold increased risk of developing schizophrenia and a 2.5-fold increased risk of developing cannabis-induced psychosis. The risk of a schizophrenia spectrum disorder following a cannabis-induced psychosis and the timing of onset were unrelated to familial predisposition.
Conclusions: Predisposition to both psychiatric disorders in general and psychotic disorders specifically contributes equally to the risk of later treatment because of schizophrenia and cannabis-induced psychoses. Cannabis induced psychosis could be an early sign of schizophrenia rather than a distinct clinical entity.

Not sure if that's new information but I found it very interesting.

PS I Hope Penn kicks ass tonight. hehe

S

Sativaindica

Its Very interesting, ne chance you got a source for that?

Top Bottom