Cannabis Beer

• Thread starter Thatoneguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thatoneguy

I know there has been several discussions that has to do with this subject. But i have a few questions.

My background is pretty void of pot but im an advanced brewer. Im affiliated with 2 different brewers and i brew at home often.

So ive come across several recipes off this site and a few others. I want some potency and not just the flavor. In every brew book ive read say cannabis and hopps are cousins and both have delicious oil. The methods for adding the THC into the brew ive found are this:

1. Adding an Oz. to the secondary. Supposedly the alcohol content pull the oil from the cannabis into the brew. This is similar to "dry hopping" the beer which gives beer the nice hop aroma. The problem i see with this is from several reports is yes it gives a wonderful hemp aroma but it doesnt pull as much THC out of the cannabis.
  2. Adding an Oz to the boil when your boiling your wort. This is how you bitter beer. Depending on when during the boil will depend on how much bitterness you will have and how much flavor you will impart. If you add it early to the boil you will only get the bitter with less taste and aroma, add it to the end of the boil and you wont get any bitter and a more flavor and aroma. Ive only heard of a very small handfull of people doing it this way but it seems like a better way to get the THC.
  3. The last way ive read about is adding an extract this being Green dragon. This is done when you add the beer to the bottling bucket to prime the bottles and you add it at this time. So from what i read you make what they call "green dragon" which seems like you would extract every possible bit of THC out and add it meaning more bang for my buck.

Any help would be appreciated. So far im leaning towards number 2 or possibly 3. Number 2 seems easier since ill be throwing in hops the same way so it just makes sense to me coming from a brewers background. But im curious about #3. Anyone have any experience with this? Any educated advice?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Make BHO, Add Bho to alcohol, you now have Gold, Beer, Gold Dragon, Gold anything you want :D

Stalks

Stalks

Very interesting topic, you came to the right place!

Can't wait to see how this plays out

T

Thatoneguy

My friends and I have talked about this idea for a long time as well.
I came across an older thread not too long ago on the same topic. here's the link:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/cannabis-pale-ale.18329/

It looked like there were a couple people trying it.

So if you read up this recipe is done with the process of #1. Also if you read farther into the thread it was actually only done by 2 people and one of the people with the name of HOMEBREW420 he even said that "Thing is I want little to no effect. Its difficult to gage the potency of cannabis in edibles sometimes. We want the flavor though. Going to add the second oz of Diagonal at secondary fermentation for about 5 days.". This goes along with what i was saying The problem i see with this is from several reports is yes it gives a wonderful hemp aroma but it doesnt pull as much THC out of the cannabis.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah, without using something like high % alcohol as a solvent and making tincture it seems like it'd be hard to get good potency. Was just trying to help point to other peoples threads on the same topic.

Stalks

Stalks

Make BHO, Add Bho to alcohol, you now have Gold, Beer, Gold Dragon, Gold anything you want :D
Use concentrates towards the end, and flowers for the flavor so a combination of 2 & 3 so you can get flavor and potency.

What would be hard is matching the flavor of a previous batch I feel because cannabis is affected by many variables

Latest posts

Top Bottom