Cannabis Cup '09 - what to expect

• Thread starter BansheeRider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BansheeRider

BansheeRider

hello farmers,

i'm thinking of attending this year's HTCC - firstly because i've been thinking about it for over 12 years and secondly because swerve is sponsoring - but i can't find any decent info on what to expect to find and do with a judge's pass.

from what i gathered from the High Times website I would be able to access all the happenings at the cup like shows, seminars etc, but I would have to pay for my own smoke. Doesn't sound too enticing....
So, if any of you have been (more than a fair share IMO ;) what are the perks of shelling out 250$ and what would i miss out on if i got the regular mortal's ticket?

thanks
BR

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
missin out on entry n access to parties events shows which you would hav to pay for if you didnt hav a pass som cs wont allow you too enter the shop if your not a judge n dont hav a pass ive personally watched arjan tell a group durin cc they needed a pass to com in

benefits r all access to the 24/7 events shows n celebration in town

they hav great deals/packages for judges that r unheard of unless its cc time especially GH n BARNEYS

just bout every shop in da cup will hav wrkers passin around vaporizers with the cs entries to try n get ur vote

the expo will hav boths n each seed company entry you can sample over n over

its a great experience indescribable vibe somthin too do aleast once

but after 2 cups id much rather go durin warm season particulary july august were ive had the most wide n top notch selection of strain aside from cc
also no flood of milion tourist n no place to sit wit lines out the door

cali in da house

for this reason also i thought of attendin interested to kno how many farmers will be goin

big ups to swerve we kno he's bringin somthin home

1luvbigherb

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'll be there supportin the homie swerve... Me and my girl have been to the cup many times... we usta go to A-dam twice a year once in Nov for the cup and then for a month in the summertime, my boy usta own a record shop out there called "fat beats" so we always had a spot to stay. As far as the judges pass I never got one and all the peeps I spoke to that had one said its a waste of money however the ceremony is def worth attending which I was able to get into without paying thanks to knowing some locals. Also I think I remember some shops didnt let anyone without a judges pass sample their entrys so thats another benefit of having one... IDK if I go this year I might just get one just to have it

K

Karma Genetics

I did the whole thing last year

I will be there again this year just to meet up whit some folks and have a big smoke. Not doing the judge thing again ha ha My own smoke is much above the coffeshop stuff,

You should defantly do the whole thing when its your first time. Its just that it takes a lot of time to do all the shops on the list, and half of the entry's wont even be intrested enouf to smoke.

The best smoke is with the people you meet and that is what its all about for me, meeting up with all these great smoker's and share some nice smoke with them, afther flying all the way.

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

thanks bigherb, strainman and karma....

after almost 20 years of going to amsterdam you have now convinced me to attend the HTCC.... :P

i'll definitely be looking out for any threads about who's going in the future, be nice to hookup with some familiar names

peace
BR

S

Standaman

Been saying i'm going since i was 18 and now i will be at 31!! Oh well i'm almost there.

Couple of questions from a virgin if anyone can answer?

How soon are the entered strains available to buy and to buy in seed form? I'm thinkin of going out there a couple days early.

And i'm thinking of going all out and buying the judges pass but i am thinking to wait until i arrive in Dam, see the the play and then buy one, good move or not?

Thanks

L

livinglegend

i dont have any friends that can come up with the cash like me.
so thats why i have never been. sucky......

for those of you who have been,
how much did u end up spending TOTAL? Your at home, checking the bank account, adding it up, what was the grand total???? did you bare minimum it or did you go baller style?

Latest posts

Top Bottom