Cannabis deficiency during flower

• Thread starter Thepainetrain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thepainetrain

Thepainetrain

Hello all I just noticed the other day before watering my plants that a couple of them are starting to have some yellowing in the upper large fan leaves and just overall lightening in color from a dark green to a somewhat lighter green and now yellowing. Just wanted to get some advice before anything gets worse and potentially damages my harvest. I use fox farm nutes and happy frog soil particularly tiger bloom and did notice that I had been under feeding them and made sure to add about double the nutes to the tune of about 500-600 ppm, but the yellowing has still continued to get worse and starting to show in other plants. It looks like a nitrogen or cal-mag deficiency to me, but I just wanna make sure that it’s not a nutrient lockout. My water pH is about 6.0-6.5 and my other plants appear to be doing ok. Temps we’re running high as well as in above 80 F, and have made appropriate changes to drop those into the mid to low 70s. I added some dolomite lime to my plants to help stabilize the pH if that is the cause of my issues. I also added some cal mag in addition to the tiger bloom! Any feedback would be appreciated! Will post pictures to give a could glimpse of what I’m dealing with. I just want to fix this because I’m only about halfway through flowering. The 3rd picture is of my other plants that haven’t been severely affected yet! One plant is worst then the others and that is the one I first noticed to be affected

Cannabis deficiency during flower
Cannabis deficiency during flower 2
Cannabis deficiency during flower 3
Cannabis deficiency during flower 4
Cannabis deficiency during flower 5
Cannabis deficiency during flower 6
growsince79

growsince79

Are you using anything other than tiger bloom? That nutrient pops up in more "help my plants are sick" type threads than I care to remember. It's too low N and too high P imho.
I used tiger bloom twice. I agree in general about the lack of N and high P. But this plant doesn't look like it has too much P. If anything it may need more.

drcannabis.io

drcannabis.io

Generally, anything that isn't the main Nutrients is caused by root problems. (Be too much water, too few water, overfertilization, soil full of hard salts, root temperature, etc, etc).

I'd start there, check pH of soil, check your watering habits. You'll likely find clues there.

growsince79

growsince79

Check the run off. For most plants with proper light at this stage 500-600 ppm is not too much.

Swampland.J701

Swampland.J701

Nitrogen deficiency always occurs with older leaves first usually lower on the plant! I recently had a Blue Diamond Haze plant do the exact same thing in the 4th week of flower I then took a ph test of my soil and it came out extremely alkaline! After adding 2 more tablespoons of lime per gallon of soil scratching it into the surface followed by a good spray of aerated distilled water! After 7 days or so she went back to a vibrant green! Good luck to you!!!

growsince79

growsince79

Nitrogen deficiency always occurs with older leaves first usually lower on the plant! I recently had a Blue Diamond Haze plant do the exact same thing in the 4th week of flower I then took a ph test of my soil and it came out extremely alkaline! After adding 2 more tablespoons of lime per gallon of soil scratching it into the surface followed by a good spray of aerated distilled water! After 7 days or so she went back to a vibrant green! Good luck to you!!!
I'm confused. Why would you add lime to an extremely alkaline soil. I thought lime is used to raise ph not lower it. Did you mean to say your soil was acidic?

Swampland.J701

Swampland.J701

I'm confused. Why would you add lime to an extremely alkaline soil. I thought lime is used to raise ph not lower it. Did you mean to say your soil was acidic?
I am so sorry I had alkaline on my mind as I was looking at a bag of nutes before I responded guess it just transferred from eyes to fingers! My ph was at 5 during the instance I was trying to use for an example I added the lime bumped her up next test she was at 7 and greened back up! I have never had to worry about going the other way accept if wanting to turn the wife's Hydrageas Blue!!!!! Thanks for catching my mistake!!!!!Also I meant to add that I have used Tiger Bloom several years ago before I gave up bottled nutes and had good results!

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I am so sorry I had alkaline on my mind as I was looking at a bag of nutes before I responded guess it just transferred from eyes to fingers! My ph was at 5 during the instance I was trying to use for an example I added the lime bumped her up next test she was at 7 and greeted back up! I have never had to worry about going the other way accept if wanting to turn the wife's Hydrageas Blue!!!!! Thanks for catching my mistake!!!!!Also I meant to add that I have used Tiger Bloom several years ago before I gave up bottled nutes and had good results!
I also quit using bottles. I now use ff dry amendments. I keep a jug of vf-11 around in case of emergency. The OP said he already added lime. Maybe the ph swing did something to them. idk it looks hungry to me.

Swampland.J701

Swampland.J701

I also quit using bottles. I now use ff dry amendments. I keep a jug of vf-11 around in case of emergency. The OP said he already added lime. Maybe the ph swing did something to them. idk it looks hungry to me.

Swampland.J701

Swampland.J701

I agree she is in need for sure! I also dont use bottled nutes anymore I think the Tiger Bloom came in a box set I actually won in a raffle from a friends garden store some years back! Thanks for catching my screw up too Bud helleva advice to be giving by accident!Sorry again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom