Cannabis drooping after nutrient feed 1st Grow - Need Help -

• Thread starter Hashtronaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hashtronaut

First things first a little info . This is my 3rd attempt at an indoor grow , maybe shouldve started with 1 plant but my local dispo had clones and decided to grab one and put it with my seedling i had going already , which was maybe more into veg already than seedling stage. Anyway I have been trying to feed nutes and have been making a mess of my plants the plant i started from seed has many fan leaves drying out & cant seem to stop it from drooping unless i flush , my clone is also slightly droopy and has yellow leaves with also some brown spots. Any advice helps, will try to post pictures Before & after feeding.
Cannabis drooping after nutrient feed 1st grow   need help
Cannabis drooping after nutrient feed 1st grow   need help 3

After nutes and removed some of the dry and yellow leaves
Cannabis drooping after nutrient feed 1st grow   need help 4

Cannabis drooping after nutrient feed 1st grow   need help 2
H

Hashtronaut

What are your watering habits? Are you letting them have a dry period? They look overwaterd to me.
I water in 2liters each every 3-4 days i try to go by weight my clone always gets light fairly quick the one on left not so much always feels pretty heavy has little run off now used to run off plenty with 1.5liters so im very confused if its water or the nutes im using which are Roots organics Buhdda grow and Cal mag about half dose of what it says on bottle

TSD

TSD

Something in the nutrients they are getting is definitely off... are you feeding calmag every time? Could be the start of calcium toxicity, whichcan also lockout other nutrients... but the plump and droopy leaves make me think overwatering as well... wait on a few more opinions... what's your environment like? Temps, humidity, lights and distance, etc.

H

Hashtronaut

Something in the nutrients they are getting is definitely off... are you feeding calmag every time? Could be the start of calcium toxicity, whichcan also lockout other nutrients... but the plump and droopy leaves make me think overwatering as well... wait on a few more opinions... what's your environment like? Temps, humidity, lights and distance, etc.
I do Calmag & the Buhdda grow every other feeding , but these last 2-3 waterings I did a flush with pure water and what the local hydro store recommended “hygrozome” to flush out my roots their opinion was that i had a salt build up they told me i shouldnt be checking for PH with roots organic not too sure how true that is since every where else i see says to check for PH the flush seemed to have worked though they were perky for couple days until i added nutes again.
D542AC25 700B 49C1 9D8B 97326965314A

I believe this is when they were slightly happier after flush about 2 days ago.

TSD

TSD

You don't usually need to worry about ph or flush in soil unless there's a major mess up... and usually symptoms you're seeing are from weeks prior. Maybe we can get some other peeps to give some sage advice...
@Aqua Man @NorthernOrganics @Moe.Red @Trustfall anyone have any thoughts if you're not too busy?

H

Hashtronaut

You don't usually need to worry about ph or flush in soil unless there's a major mess up... and usually symptoms you're seeing are from weeks prior. Maybe we can get some other peeps to give some sage advice...
@Aqua Man @NorthernOrganics @Moe.Red @Trustfall anyone have any thoughts if you're not too busy?

Good to know because i was scared the nutes were too acidic my nutrient solution is always around 4.5PH and ph up would not help unless i dumped 1/4 of the bottle in one solution which i knew was wrong and stopped PHing . I thought it had something to do with water as well because that was my problem at first with the 1st 2 grow attempts this is actually the farthest ive been able to get. But after i cut out nutes they were perky , quite happy the day after for a good 3 days until i fed nutes again and they sagged up again fan leaves keep drying up and getting crispy i removed many already which worries me. Anything helps thanks for the quick responses as well !

H

Hashtronaut

Also forgot to answer your question as to quality of environment so these are the specs;
Temp during day 76° F - 81°
Temp at night 70°-74°
Humidity 40% - 65%
Both are in 3 gal pots
Left plant started as seed
Plant on right from clone
Watering every 4-5 days
Roots Organics Buddha grow & calmag

Clone about 6 weeks old making the seed plant about 8 weeks have not thrown into flower yet

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

It appears from what I see that you have a magnesium deficiency as you have yellowing going on between the veins in your leaves, especially the lower leaves from what I see in the photos. I think you need to add more Cal/mag in your watering/ feedings...and though I can't see your lights in relation to your plants, I would raise your lights up or dim them back, which is a good practice until the deficiency is corrected. 🧐

H

Hashtronaut

It appears from what I see that you have a magnesium deficiency as you have yellowing going on between the veins in your leaves, especially the lower leaves from what I see in the photos. I think you need to add more Cal/mag in your watering/ feedings...and though I can't see your lights in relation to your plants, I would raise your lights up or dim them back, which is a good practice until the deficiency is corrected. 🧐
So raise the light & more Calmag ? Im currently only doing about 4ml cal mag because it says 10-15ml per gal on the bottle but im only feeding a little more than half gallon of water . I will try to up cal mag see what happens on next watering .
The lights gonna be an issue it didnt come with a dimmer and the chain it has are long i have it the highest i can maybe zipties could help me get it up another 6in ?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
as the plants grow taller did you raise the light?
what kind of light you using?
i think you had a light stress issue and than you thought watering,nutes, flushing etc would fix but now possibly some root rot and nutrient deficiencies have occurred..
underwatering could be an issue also..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the tag TSD. Something is wrong with the environment or watering… its not nutrients.

Can you give me a break down on all equipment, watering practices, environment etc… everything you can think of even nutrients

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

as the plants grow taller did you raise the light?
what kind of light you using?
i think you had a light stress issue and than you thought watering,nutes, flushing etc would fix but now possibly some root rot and nutrient deficiencies have occurred..
underwatering could be an issue also..
^^^ this is gow im thinking also

TSD

TSD

I was gonna say raise the lights till they are looking better... maybe could find something shorter as a riser? I use baking racks with little feet, they give you just enough clearance for airflow. Do you let them sit in water in those pans? I usually only keep my pans in place when I'm watering, but it's hard to move them around when they're that big... mine are outside by the time they're that big.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Definitely looks to be something with water or environment. As said before, you should worry about pH in soil. The buffering in the soil will regulate pH. What is your water like out of the tap? If flushing made them happier, I would let them completely dry out and then water with plain water for the next two waterings. But you have to make sure the pots are all the way dried out, otherwise the roots at the bottom will always be sitting in water. Watering on a schedule is a good way to drown roots and breed pythium, which looks to possibly be happening here.

Heywood

Heywood

Good to know because i was scared the nutes were too acidic my nutrient solution is always around 4.5PH and ph up would not help unless i dumped 1/4 of the bottle in one solution which i knew was wrong and stopped PHing . I thought it had something to do with water as well because that was my problem at first with the 1st 2 grow attempts

Some people live by the credo that you do not need to PH your water... that if growing in soil, the medium will buffer it to a reasonable level.
That's fine, provided the rest of your environment is in harmony.

But, If you are saying that your PH level is 4.5 and "dumping a ¼ bottle of PH UP into it" won't make it budge... then you have a problem.
I grow in soil, and I PH my water every single time to 6.3 - 6.5. Why leave that to chance when it is so easily obtained with little effort prior to feeding?

I would not put 4.5 PH water into my plants.
No sir.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Some people live by the credo that you do not need to PH your water... that if growing in soil, the medium will buffer it to a reasonable level.

But, If you are saying that your PH level is 4.5 and "dumping a ¼ bottle of PH UP into it" won't make it budge... then you have a problem.
I grow in soil, and I PH my water every single time to 6.3 - 6.5. Why leave that to chance when it is so easily obtained with little effort prior to feeding?

No sir.

I would not put 4.5ph into Coco let alone soil. PH is your problem if it is in fact that low. Soil only needs slightly acidic water as compared to coco or hydro where you would run closer to 5.8.

Buy a cheap RO system (for small grows I recommend something like this) if your water is an issue - which it sounds like it may be, if you're adding that much ph up and no results.

Also a good PPM/PH pen by bluelab or equivalent are a grower's best friend.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No sir.
Only ph doesn’t really matter. Its the alkalinity. Ph 4 water with no alkalinity is NOT the same as ph 4 water with high high amounts on alkalinity

Latest posts

Top Bottom