Cannabis Grafting

• Thread starter The Shaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Shaman

The Shaman

ShroomKing and I were briefly discussing the art, Nah- the craft of grafting cannabis. I know it can be done, my question is, is it worth it. What type of issues have come from grafting multiple strains onto a mother? Thoughts?

Mike~

H

hawkman

ShroomKing and I were briefly discussing the art, Nah- the craft of grafting cannabis. I know it can be done, my question is, is it worth it. What type of issues have come from grafting multiple strains onto a mother? Thoughts?

Mike~

Short answer - Yes ! after grafting and time "mother" will have a bit of new genes' (tissue) all grafts _mother will become one - but this will take abit - suggest feminized plants no male gene's

The Shaman

The Shaman

I am still new to this whole posting thing. I have blonde moments lol.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Fruit plants are notorious for having root stocks of specific qualities matched to scions (branches) of different qualities.

For cannabis production it is not likely worth it, but it is possible using grafting in this way could help certain plants overcome certain conditions...

The Shaman

The Shaman

Is there a specific time window that this should be done in order to help the fusion process take better?

shemshemet

shemshemet

Hmm I don't know forsure but if I am to guess:
1. I would say definitely in vegetative stage.
2. I would look for similar size on each side of the graft.
3. Look for younger more juvenile tissue.

Number 1 and 2 are true, number 3 is my conjecture

Latest posts

Top Bottom