Cannabis Internship Question

• Thread starter Internship
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Internship

Hey guys, I'm about to graduate this December and was hoping to line up a summer internship in the legal cannabis industry to get my foot in the door. I'm an Agribusiness major/Horticulture minor at a top 20 university, and just pulled off a perfect 4.0 last semester. I'm looking to do an internship in greenhouse cultivation this summer, and was curious if any of you guys had advice for me on where to go/what to do to find opportunities. I've looked around online but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of legitimate opportunities in greenhouse cultivation. I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys might have for me. Thanks.

iKharon

iKharon

Hey guys, I'm about to graduate this December and was hoping to line up a summer internship in the legal cannabis industry to get my foot in the door. I'm an Agribusiness major/Horticulture minor at a top 20 university, and just pulled off a perfect 4.0 last semester. I'm looking to do an internship in greenhouse cultivation this summer, and was curious if any of you guys had advice for me on where to go/what to do to find opportunities. I've looked around online but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of legitimate opportunities in greenhouse cultivation. I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys might have for me. Thanks.
What state?

lino

lino

Apply to the big boys, some big grn houses opening in many states. But id run so fast from the canna industry.
Intern, why not go to a big league like Monsanto or the big Co? their internships for these guys are like none other. Ive seen GPA like yours get 6 mth prepay and walk into an outstanding career, big $$. Or you can have a master grower punk or grumpy ol dispense owners bitchen about his plants for a small hourly.
Will/can you relocate?, if so Id go to the big seed companies. Monsanto and the big boys will come to intern/recruiting Events at your skool. What are you waiting for? 1 in a 1000 that anyone from here will PM you and be like ya, I got a $70K/yr and I need your skills.
Canna industry;
They ask if you got a license and they have hiring events that you'll have to pay to enter. 99% of the jobs are under $20/hr, its a labor intensive industry and much of Hort indusrty is headed into automation. Currently the most common automation robots being designed are AG robots.

The big grn houses Im seeing built are very automated. PHD!

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Today's Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a high school diploma in the 90's...I'm with lino get a PHD.

Top Bottom