Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants....

• Thread starter bobbobby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bobbobby

bobbobby

1st 4 pics are same plant! 8 wks old........ - Last 3 pics r a Diff Plant 8 wks old.... All Hybrid.... Any suggestions on the problem? Cal-Mag isnt fixing it! Used 4 times! Was using MGrow 20 20 20 Veg, now using Shultz 15 30 15...... The other plants r all normal for now! Same Nutes! Same Pots! Same water! Same area! Idk...

Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants
Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants 2
Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants 3
Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants 4
Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants 5
Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants 6
Cannabis leaf symptoms on my plants 7
Last edited:
Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

What are you using for soil? The plants show obvious signs of deficiency though they shouldn’t with what you have been feeding them, meaning the solution will not be to feed them more. I would advise only water for a week or two to unlock uptake, and then reintroduce nutrients at half strength if you observe signs of improvement.

Is the plant growing in the tire also growing into the ground or is it limited to just the tire? It wouldn’t hurt to throw them in bigger pots. That blue trash bin is an awkward rectangle and the tire is going to allow an unnatural root structure, potentially making watering uneven. Also make sure you’ve got drainage holes in the bin, is it the plant in the last picture? It looks over watered.

bobbobby

bobbobby

What are you using for soil? The plants show obvious signs of deficiency though they shouldn’t with what you have been feeding them, meaning the solution will not be to feed them more. I would advise only water for a week or two to unlock uptake, and then reintroduce nutrients at half strength if you observe signs of improvement.

Is the plant growing in the tire also growing into the ground or is it limited to just the tire? It wouldn’t hurt to throw them in bigger pots. That blue trash bin is an awkward rectangle and the tire is going to allow an unnatural root structure, potentially making watering uneven. Also make sure you’ve got drainage holes in the bin, is it the plant in the last picture? It looks over watered.
Reg plain Pro-Mix... Looks to me its more then a water problem... Watered the same as others... Btw, these 2 plants had Gaja Green organic 4 4 4... U add to the soil every 4 wks.... it's been 4 weeks now for the 2nd time... I fked up, its my other plants tht r on the 15 30 15... which is what im gonna switch to now for All of them... The gaja sht is 8.99 to do 4 plants for 1 month at a time....

bobbobby

bobbobby

Tires got a big pot under it.... and ive used those blue cans lots now.... and yes, theres roughly 14 holes in them... 5gal...

mancorn

mancorn

2nd potassium deficiency (yellowing leaf margins in older leaves, with the edges becoming brown and burned). Cannabis is a heavy potassium users with commercial blends around a 2-1-3 ratio.

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Reg plain Pro-Mix... Looks to me its more then a water problem... Watered the same as others... Btw, these 2 plants had Gaja Green organic 4 4 4... U add to the soil every 4 wks.... it's been 4 weeks now for the 2nd time... I fked up, its my other plants tht r on the 15 30 15... which is what im gonna switch to now for All of them... The gaja sht is 8.99 to do 4 plants for 1 month at a time....

Yes, definitely more than a water problem, but the water problem can be the initial, that encourages further problems. So always wise to tackle the water problem first. Let that lady dry out for a couple of days. Resume with only water for a week or so. No sweat on making mistakes, gardening is one big experiment. Agree moving back to what you know and haven’t had problems with is a good plan of action. I'd still recommend going with only water for the first week or so, and then slowly introducing nutrients. If no sign of improvement observed, go back to water. I still think your deficiency is from an excess of something else, and not a genuine deficiency. Pro-Mix also over time can drop in PH, so you might need to top dress to correct it.

Tires got a big pot under it.... and ive used those blue cans lots now.... and yes, theres roughly 14 holes in them... 5gal...

Plants that size wouldn't hurt being in 10+ gallons, especially since they're outside.

2nd potassium deficiency (yellowing leaf margins in older leaves, with the edges becoming brown and burned). Cannabis is a heavy potassium users with commercial blends around a 2-1-3 ratio.

Agree, but that doesn't equate a lack of presence in the nutrients being fed or the soil. An NPK of 15 - 30 - 15 is plenty. The cause is more likely a lockout from an excess of others. Which is why I'd advise correcting the water problem, giving the plant time to unlock and uptake nutrients appropriately, and then reintroduce them gradually if nothing improves. The Cal-Mag certainly isn't helping since an excess of Calcium is one thing that can lockout Potassium.

mancorn

mancorn

Agree, but that doesn't equate a lack of presence in the nutrients being fed or the soil. An NPK of 15 - 30 - 15 is plenty. The cause is more likely a lockout from an excess of others. Which is why I'd advise correcting the water problem, giving the plant time to unlock and uptake nutrients appropriately, and then reintroduce them gradually if nothing improves. The Cal-Mag certainly isn't helping since an excess of Calcium is one thing that can lockout Potassium.
Agree, a phosphorus excess causes a massive nutrient lockout of other elements (including both Ca & Mg).

bobbobby

bobbobby

So does Magnesium Def.........

bobbobby

bobbobby

Yes, definitely more than a water problem, but the water problem can be the initial, that encourages further problems. So always wise to tackle the water problem first. Let that lady dry out for a couple of days. Resume with only water for a week or so. No sweat on making mistakes, gardening is one big experiment. Agree moving back to what you know and haven’t had problems with is a good plan of action. I'd still recommend going with only water for the first week or so, and then slowly introducing nutrients. If no sign of improvement observed, go back to water. I still think your deficiency is from an excess of something else, and not a genuine deficiency. Pro-Mix also over time can drop in PH, so you might need to top dress to correct it.

Plants that size wouldn't hurt being in 10+ gallons, especially since they're outside.

Cant be a Water Problem! If it were, then my other 10 plants would be hurting!

bobbobby

bobbobby

I aint rich bud.... Filling 12 ten gal pails wth $30+ a bag for pro-mix.... No thx

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

If there are no dry amendments in the soil of go water water feed water water feed. Them keep an eye on em of course. Straight water for a week is a very good idea though. It will not hurt them✌️✌️

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I far from a know it all lol! If I was I wouldn't have a mg deficiency indoors!!! it's Flipping killing me!! 😂 I feel like you will be back on track very soon. Still lots of time in the growing season. 👍✌️ Keep us updated if you can as it helps me too. We're all learning and I think it's tough for anyone to say anything is for certain. Thanks 👍

BudBogart

BudBogart

How often would u give tht 15 30 15? The Instructions r Shit on the pack....
I would try and find instructions on the bag, then do about half the recommended amount. If my plants are looking awesome, I don’t add anything. Never add more than every other water, probably more like once a month, depending on what my garden is like and what the 15-30-15 is derived from.

3Dino

3Dino

Have you produced your own organic living soil that has no perlite in it or did you purchase a bagged consumer product? Are your plants rootbound in a circular plastic pot? Have you kept to one reputable nutrient brand and use a good microbial with it? Did you knowledgely use the nutrient at least half strength of what the manufacturer suggests? Does the water you use have chlorine or fluoride in it or is it a natural well or spring type of water? Do you use plain water between feedings and do you feed more than once a week? Do you over water? Think about these things and see if they all balance together! If not just correct the imbalance and you'll have a great crop!

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Cant be a Water Problem! If it were, then my other 10 plants would be hurting!

Wrong. You’re under the false assumption that every plant has the same exact watering requirements. Watering all your plants with exactly the same amount at exactly the same time is bound to lead to problems. Maybe one plant hasn’t gotten as big as the other and so it is using less water. Maybe one plant gets less sun so it is using less water. You’re using different sized buckets yet giving them all the same amount of water at the same frequency. Maybe the blue bin plants need water and the tire doesn’t, or vice versa. Don’t just willy nilly go watering them all the same when differences exist between them.

Fkk ya then Mr know all...... DONT answer the last question!
Fkk yas then! Ignoring fks! sry 4 not bowing to the Cannabis know aLLs

Hahahahahaha, cry more? What, you think we sit around all day waiting to answer your questions and have no life of our own? No need for the aggression bud.

I aint rich bud.... Filling 12 ten gal pails wth $30+ a bag for pro-mix.... No thx

Then maybe you shouldn't have used Pro-Mix? I'm not rich either, which is why I don't use that shit. I'd bet bigger pots with cheaper soil would have you in a better position, then fancy soil and tiny pots.

How often would u give tht 15 30 15? The Instructions r Shit on the pack....

Well, the logical answer would be when they need it. Whatever amount suggested on the package, I would cut in half like mentioned by someone above and start there. Give it to them and wait two weeks. If you see improvements, give them some more at the same dosage. If you don't see improvements, go back to water. From what you've feed thus far, your Pro-Mix has plenty of stuff in it. So using only water is not actually using only water. You're also going to be feeding all of the nutrients that are already in the soil from throughout the season. Which is why adding more nutrients to your water right now isn't wise since those will be added to all the stuff in your soil and that could create an excess of X which creates a deficiency of Y. Using only water will allow you to better figure out if your soil is actually deficient of something in which case you add more nutrients, or if you soil is just in excess of something and locking out certain nutrients thus causing a deficiency.

Top Bottom