Cannabis leaves pointing up

• Thread starter Elfie09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Elfie09

Elfie09

1st indoor grow got harley quin and black berry gum growing in compost my first leaves to show are pointing up please check out the pics and offer any ad
Cannabis leaves pointing  up
vice ?

Cannabis leaves pointing  up 2
Cannabis leaves pointing  up 3
Elfie09

Elfie09

Is this a bad thing someone please tell me what the lil leaves are trying to do

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You should take the foil off walls the cream colour is better that the foil something the new leaves tare a bit to fold out , and you’re light is to far away the seedling is etulating which means the way it’s getting leggy .

Elfie09

Elfie09

You should take the foil off walls the cream colour is better that the foil something the new leaves tare a bit to fold out , and you’re light is to far away the seedling is etulating which means the way it’s getting leggy .
Thankyou for the reply so I've tried to move em a lil closer what you can see is what I've got to use at the moment😅 I'm hoping just to get them through vegetation safely inside then maybe flower them outdoors in a green house sorry didnt understand the word leggy ?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thankyou for the reply so I've tried to move em a lil closer what you can see is what I've got to use at the moment😅 I'm hoping just to get them through vegetation safely inside then maybe flower them outdoors in a green house sorry didnt understand the word leggy ?
Sorry stretching is a better layman’s term . The foil is the next thing you need to do , the space your in has a good enough light colour , the foil has a tendency to burn the plants reflect heat more than light . Good luck keep us posted .

whitexcloud

whitexcloud

Yes from my view they are stretching. what kind of light is that? I remember when I ran 15w house bulbs for cloning and I kept them almost on top of the clones, yours looks alot further away but if its incandescent and they get to close they will burn

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your light is to far away from your seedling and it's stretching to the light, you can take a bread tie and hold it up, or cut a slit in a straw to hold it up like a cast, when you sow your seed plant 1 half inc deep and after it emerges from the tabs lower your light, see this seedling i give it a few hours of natural sunlight per day, but you do want ur little leaves reaching for the light and not shying away from it but thats to much.

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

In my opinion they look good. I got told to cover a another layer of dirt on top to support the stretch. It looks very nice though

Elfie09

Elfie09

So after a day by the window they stopped reaching gunna do a 12 hour cycle for natural sunlight at the window and 12 hour cycle at night for artificial light but theyve stopped reaching for now just gotta train the stems cause there long I guess for when they start growing fan leaves any tips? For the next few stages I think I'm on like day 7 since seeds were planted in compost considering an outdoor grow after vegetation stage I have four harley quins feminized and BlackBerry gum auto on in these pots

dire wolf

dire wolf

Your light is to far away from your seedling and it's stretching to the light, you can take a bread tie and hold it up, or cut a slit in a straw to hold it up like a cast, when you sow your seed plant 1 half inc deep and after it emerges from the tabs lower your light, see this seedling i give it a few hours of natural sunlight per day, but you do want ur little leaves reaching for the light and not shying away from it but thats to much.
If you can get your potting medium to look like this , you will do a lot better .....like edinburgh pic ☝️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not to worry when you transplant just bury it deeper. Bit give it a week or 2 before transplanting. Like @dire wolf said get some perlite and mix it 70/30 with the soil so you have good drainage.

Elfie09

Elfie09

Okay so this is the bulb its a halogen is there any bulbs you can get that fit in a standard light fitting I'm not to keen on buying a full grow light yet appreciate the help guys ✌🥳
Screenshot 20200507 082807 Chrome

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Okay so this is the bulb its a halogen is there any bulbs you can get that fit in a standard light fitting I'm not to keen on buying a full grow light yet appreciate the help guys ✌🥳View attachment 969888
I would just like to ask if I may , are you intending to put the seedling outdoors ?

Elfie09

Elfie09

Not until after full vegetation which should be by june time will then hopefully have a good hot summer

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well what have you got to loose have a go and see if it works . Can the seedling get any natural sunlight from a window ?

Top Bottom