Cannabis-related Jobs Around Denver Or Boulder?

• Thread starter Potato Pipe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

What do you think is the best way to go about getting a job with one of the recreational and/or medical cannabis shops or related industries (like a hydro shop)? I'm sure most of them have more applicants than they will ever need but I figure it is worth asking.

I left my career a little over four years ago to care for my oldest daughter after she was born with a brain abnormality that would cause seizures when exposed to certain environmental stimuli. Before that I worked for a little over a decade in the aquarium industry and would moonlight as an ER tech. I am no 'God's hand' grower and my experience with cannabis only goes back three years but I will happily clean toilets and pick up trash in the parking lot to get my foot in the door and prove myself. I honestly don't care about the money as this is about me being able to get out of the house and break the pattern of isolation that inherently comes with having a child with special needs.

I figure asking here might give me a little more direction than wasting trees attempting to carpet bomb two different counties with resumes so any advice is appreciated.

muir

muir

Come fall/early winter I will be looking for help with my next project, a high end aquarium shop in Boulder. Lets have some lunch in Boulder sometime soon.

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

Are you currently in colorado?
Yes, I have been living in Broomfield since just before Christmas.

Come fall/early winter I will be looking for help with my next project, a high end aquarium shop in Boulder. Lets have some lunch in Boulder sometime soon.
Definitely. I started out cleaning protein skimmers and scrubbing algae from display tanks at a local shop and it is still my favorite job of all time. Even when we were hucking 125 gallon glass aquariums up flights of stairs for a custom install we all managed to have a great time getting the job done. I went on to work for Marine Depot and eventually the Cabrillo Aquarium but those jobs were both more about applying aquarium knowledge to spreadsheets than it was about the hobby itself.

Top Bottom