Cannabis Tea?

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Can anyone help me with a good recipe for cannabis sweet tea? I have a cerebral palsy patient who wants iced tea instead of edibles. She started cannabis therapy Saturday, and has experienced her first full night's sleep for the first time in months. She has gone from a vicodin/valium pharmaceutical cocktail every 3 hours to cannabis and 1 valium every 9 hours. She now has manageable pain and is experiencing a better quality of life. Thanks for your input!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I found a few recipes on the web, but if anyone has detailed instructions, or a favorite recipe, please drop it on me. Molly would appreciate it! Thanks.

convex

convex

The big issue with tea is its base - water.

The beneficial properties cannot be infused into water very easily.

Most use an oil to extract into, for tea the usual vehicle is milk, which is then used to make chai (a tea latte). I am not sure how palatable this would be, if made into a sweet cold tea, but hey Ice Cappacinnos caught on!

Cheers

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Here is a recipe I use for Bhang Lassi, it is delicious and potent.......

Servings- 4-6
Recommended dosage- dependent on tolerance 1-4 grams high potency bud/shake/hash per serving.
Prep time- 15 minutes
Cooking time- 10 minutes
Ingredients- Cannabis(dependent on tolerance*I use 2 grams dry sift per serving)
2 cups water
4 cups very warm milk
3 tablespoons chopped almonds
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon*
pinch of nutmeg*
pinch of cardamom*
pinch of caraway*
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds*
1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger*
1 teaspoon rose water*
honey*
*Adjust amount to desired taste.

Directions
1.Boil water and pour into clean pot
2.Now add the dry ingredients(buds,spices etc..) and allow them to steep for 7 minutes
3.The liquid is then strained through a muslin cloth and set aside. As much water as possible should be squeezed out before proceeding.
4. Then remove buds and spices from inside the muslin cloth, and place them into mortar
with 1-2 tablespoons of warm milk
5.The mixture is then mashed into a paste. Now Place mixture back into the muslin cloth and strain the milk. Repeat the process till 1 cup of milk has been used. When done The mixture residue should be a dry fibrous paste. It can now be trashed
6. combine milk with rose water, and initial tea, add honey to taste and Voila!!!

For an easier quicker version simmer the dry ingredients with 1-2 cups of milk for 30 minutes(longer the better).
Strain and add honey and tea for a delicious chai latte.

Joe schmoe has his pressure cooker canna milk recipe that is awesome....You should look into that as well. Makes for uber potent pot chocolate!!!!!!

R

Rolln J

The big issue with tea is its base - water.

The beneficial properties cannot be infused into water very easily.

Most use an oil to extract into, for tea the usual vehicle is milk, which is then used to make chai (a tea latte). I am not sure how palatable this would be, if made into a sweet cold tea, but hey Ice Cappacinnos caught on!

Cheers

iced chai rocks - I drink it all the time...

thx for the recipe Mizz E!

T

thefinestgreen

Tea works best if you make your favorite iced or hot tea and then add drops of a reduction tincture to suit. Tincture is made by soaking bone dry cannabis is a ball jar in grain alcohol (or the highest proof you can find). I don't bother with ratios; fill the jar until the clear space of liguid is about half as wide as the green matter. Let that sit in a cool dark place for 2 weeks; swirl the liquid every couple of days. Strain. This base is where many people stop, but I have issues with the high alcohol content so using a glass double boiler and taking great care with the highly flammable mixture, I boil the base down 70-80 percent. Alcohol boils at a lower temperature than water so a slow boil of water will produce a fast boil up top. 20 minutes will take it down maybe by half. The more reduce the less drops per dose, but you don't want to go too far. I usually shoot for a mild dose of 10 drops for a man of 150 pounds, moderate tolerance. Titration to figure the number of drops that work for you is an important step with every new batch. Good luck. Carl

Latest posts

Top Bottom