Cannabis Tincture A.K.A. Green Dragon ((PICS))

• Thread starter ~xO Kakalak Ox~
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I just got a kit for making tinctures, absolutes, and oils. This is my first go at it but all seems like it went well. It says as little as 2 hours but we ran it for 3 for tinctures. I have never tasted something that tastes so good and so bad at the same time. Taste like pure essence at first then you get a very bitter after taste. Tried it in water first but it was too bitter. Second drink I used coke and it was a lot less bitter and taste like weed soda. Anyone have experience with these type extractors? Any suggestions on ingestion?
Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 2

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 8

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 9

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 4

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 3

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 10

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 7

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 5

Cannabis tincture aka green dragon pics 6

R

ReDLuBE

wow that looks impressive, never seen it before whats it called? is it a re-flux machine?

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Called Wildfire Herbal Extractor. Some guy in Asheville, NC makes them.

K

kripplecreek

I didnt even know such magical devices existed...*tear* is there nothing man cant accomplish in his quest to refine cannabis!!!

:cake:bongsmi:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool

Looks pretty sweet, I've always just put a bunch of weed in 151 or everclear to make my tinctures and let it soak for however long. Try orange juice or lemonade for a mixer. I would think that a couple hours wouldn't leave a bitter taste, but in my opinion weed just tastes bad. It would be nice if someone came up with a weed tincture that gave a good buzz and was tasty also, without having to drink a bunch. Enjoy your new toy

mal

C

cannabinoid

what solvent are you using? the bitterness is likely due to the chlorophyll

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I'm using Everclear grain ethanol. I am sure the bitterness is from the chlorophyll. As you can see in the pics the top part is bleached. Should I stop the process before this starts? Tried a 15mm shot of it today with a soda chaser and it was ok but still a bitter after taste.

B

Budsbuddy

that is a cool device,

I make green dragon but i make mine with two zips of hash to 16 oz of everclear.

So it is pretty strong stuff as for the burn

So what i do is after i extract it (4 days) i put it in a pan of water and cook it down till i have arond 8 oz left.

Then i add 16 oz of honey to it so i have 24 oz of liquid and i cook it down again till i have 16 oz.

that cooks off the everclear and leaves the goodies in the honey.

and honey is pretty easy to mix with anything or take by itself

dextr0

dextr0

A quick wash will leave a purer product. How long is the solvent having contact with the bud??

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
that is a cool device,

I make green dragon but i make mine with two zips of hash to 16 oz of everclear.

So it is pretty strong stuff as for the burn

So what i do is after i extract it (4 days) i put it in a pan of water and cook it down till i have arond 8 oz left.

Then i add 16 oz of honey to it so i have 24 oz of liquid and i cook it down again till i have 16 oz.

that cooks off the everclear and leaves the goodies in the honey.

and honey is pretty easy to mix with anything or take by itself

I'll have to try that thanks!

A quick wash will leave a purer product. How long is the solvent having contact with the bud??

3 hours first try

dextr0

dextr0

Wow. Ok look usually what I see is people trying to make small viles of this to put under their tongue so they feel affects. Or as a rubbing solution for aches of muscles. Eating or ingesting this should be the equivalent of ingesting raw cannabis, which does not get you high. Decarbonization is the process cannabis must go through to get you high. That means 200 degrees for 15min in oven. Then you can go on with the extraction. That is if you are eating it.

I actually know little about drinking it with alcohol and if the affects would be different or why. You caught my attention with the glass and I always love extractions. Sorry I cant be of more help.

When making hash I use 15 min wash max. This ensures I get the most bang for my buck without adding the xtra nastys. Ive even done shorter, and of course the shorter the wash the clearer it will be. This doesn't necessarily mean stronger, but you were talking about the bitter taste. Thought that might help.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Wow. Ok look usually what I see is people trying to make small viles of this to put under their tongue so they feel affects. Or as a rubbing solution for aches of muscles. Eating or ingesting this should be the equivalent of ingesting raw cannabis, which does not get you high. Decarbonization is the process cannabis must go through to get you high. That means 200 degrees for 15min in oven. Then you can go on with the extraction. That is if you are eating it.

I actually know little about drinking it with alcohol and if the affects would be different or why. You caught my attention with the glass and I always love extractions. Sorry I cant be of more help.

When making hash I use 15 min wash max. This ensures I get the most bang for my buck without adding the xtra nastys. Ive even done shorter, and of course the shorter the wash the clearer it will be. This doesn't necessarily mean stronger, but you were talking about the bitter taste. Thought that might help.

I will try the oven thing. Does that convert the thca to thc? I know 16mils of this can def be felt. I think I went an hour too long. This taste is fine with a sweet chaser. Thanks for the input!

20north

ohhh my god!! can you please do another run but do one for like 30 minutes?????? WE ALL ARE WAITING FOR THE AMAZING LOOKING STUFF/ HIGH QUALITY YUM YUM. I KNOW YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!!! <3

WHERES THE AMBER!!! GO GOGO!

lol you can always decarbox the thc after it has been extracted !
just make something more pure/cleaner looking.... that thing looks like it could make some superior stuff.

I am pretty sure you can get stuff that isnt green or raspy if you just do a run that is of shorter time so you dont extract the plant material .

T

ToastyRoadie

Very cool, I saw this the other day on facebook, nice pic's.

I have a very tasty and potent recipe for a sublingual tincture using green dragon I'd like to share, if I may.

This method, is known as a propylene glycol based tincture and only takes a few hours to make. Mixing vegetable glycerine and ethanol will give you propylene glycol, a known food additive. I also add distilled water and Loran propylene glycol based flavors (hard candy flavoring) to the hash. Good stuff for sure as this tincture is tasty and potent.

I like to use the bubble bags to make hash out of the MJ, making sure to press all the water out. I find it's easier to measure how much is going into the tincture. I have also found that one quarter of some good stuff is about 1 gram of hash when ran through the bags. I use 2parts glycerine to 1part distilled water to 1part everclear as the base.

If not able to use bags, then convert the bud to hash using the green dragon method, again using the 1 quarter ounce to 1gram of hash conversion, not as accurate as bubble bags but not too far off. One plus is you won't have to mix it as much to break down the trichs by using the green dragon method of extraction. Boil off as much of the everclear needed to get the right mixture.

For example, if I use one gram of hash, it gives me two one ounce bottles of tincture, just multiply using the formula, if you have more bud or hash to make tincture with. So for one gram of hash I break it down in 2 ounces of everclear then boil off 1-1/2 ounces in a hot water bath, then mix with 1/2 ounce of distilled water and 1 ounce of vegetable glycerine for a total of 2 fluid ounces.

I like that I can make it in small amounts if necessary. I have seen others use one gram of hash for a one ounce bottle of tincture but prefer two bottles tincture with half a gram each instead.

I start by putting the hash in the oven at 300*F for ten minutes to decarboxylate and then add it to two ounces of the ever clear to break it down. I shake it in a canning jar with a wire whisk ball inside to help break down the hash, which usually takes a few hours of good shaking.

I then reduce the everclear by boiling most of it off in a hot water bath (use much caution, research it if you're not familiar with this, it's easy just be safe and again, research) to one half ounce and add one half ounce of distilled water and one ounce of vegetable glycerine. I then shake it well and add it to my little dropper bottles. I also started adding the Loran flavorings, good stuff, I like the pomegranite and watermelon. I add about 4 drops of flavoring to 1 ounce bottle of tincture.

Excellent to use sublingually and the flavorings make a huge difference. My wife uses it for migrains, usually one half of a dropper is good for her, .5ml I believe.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I have done a few more runs with this and have gotten it to taste pretty damn good. I run it for about 2 hours and then empty and refill the tube with ganj and run another 2 hours. 5 mils would do most folks fine. I enjoy 15 to 20 mils myself!! Takes 30 minutes for good 2 hour peak and you can feel it for about 36 hours.

Top Bottom