Cannabis Tincture A.K.A. Green Dragon ((PICS))

• Thread starter ~xO Kakalak Ox~
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Montannabis

Isn't that a Soxhlet extractor? ahh it's similar Gotta love glassware.

L

LikemindS

Wow every time I look up something on this site Im blown away by whats out there :) :confused0054:
Im a big fan of tinctures and have made it with 151 for myself. Seeing this makes me want to invest in one.
I will always be a smoker but tinctures and edibles have their own medicinal qualities. I always like having budter around to help me sleep or those days Ive been smoking a lot and just want some cookies.

20north

theres CBC in the plant material that is very good to have. like the rick oil... if you were to grind up the stuff way much and then do a very quick quick run like 5 minutes or less you would most likely get some CBC out of the material.

cbc increases the effects of the thc

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
How much $$ for the extractor set??

I paid $700 for mine but not sure of the going rate. My family owns a head shop so I got it at cost. I think the guy who makes them is in Asheville, NC. Facebook page for it: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wildfire-Extraction/168102696556636?ref=ts

Trust me this shit will give you a strong buzz. Nice thing is you can make it as strong as you want. Made a batch then changed the bud and ran with same alcohol. Called it "Double Dragon" 15 mils was almost too much!

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

If you want to do this proper you need to google: youtube eric the ruler green dragon.

It's lights out, cops are getting called. I've made several batches and i'm not joking when I say someone gets a ride home from the cops.

It's hard to find in Cali but 190 proof is the best. But most of the time I just stick with 151 ever clear.

I call mine "Death". Take 1 shot, and add it to a nice size glass of Sangria. As it starts to mix with the sangria the drink starts to look blood. My friends said it looked murdered out.

Don't need anything more than a few mason jars, stove top, sweet leaf, 151, and some time.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
If you want to do this proper you need to google: youtube eric the ruler green dragon.

It's lights out, cops are getting called. I've made several batches and i'm not joking when I say someone gets a ride home from the cops.

It's hard to find in Cali but 190 proof is the best. But most of the time I just stick with 151 ever clear.

I call mine "Death". Take 1 shot, and add it to a nice size glass of Sangria. As it starts to mix with the sangria the drink starts to look blood. My friends said it looked murdered out.

Don't need anything more than a few mason jars, stove top, sweet leaf, 151, and some time.

Don't think this is proper?

T

thebriarfox

Yep, this is a Soxhlet extractor. It was originally invented to extract lipids from milk and can be used, as it is here, as a means of repeated distillation that can run unattended indefinitely. Generally you want to use a filter paper cup to avoid the system clogging. You can also find these on ebay for MUCH cheaper. I got two for 150 bucks.

Not each. :-p

T

ToastyRoadie

True enough, I found a great price online for two as well.:whew

rusty

rusty

I'm making some right now with the drill spot soxhlet extraction appratus. Its a good thing they come in a 2pk because UPS broke 2 of the parts. But oh well, I only need one right? I'll try your method, kakalak, run 2 hours, refill and run another 2. Thanks for the info y'all. Can't wait to try the green dragon!

Graywolf

Graywolf

With all due respect, owning reflux and soxhletting equipment, it is my personal opinion that a quick wash technique that avoids also extracting all of the inactive ingredients, is a superior process.

Just saying that cannabis has ingredients with undisputed medicinal properties, so why are we argueing over waxes and other ingredients that according to science, have little to none?

I started with reflux, from all the ancient texts doing so, but quickly moved away from it.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rusty

rusty

U gotta good point graywolf, probably should of hung onto my cash… oh well. The tincture from the extractor def works, however its pretty much black and opaque. My buddy made a tincture a few weeks ago using the quickwash technique and bud (rather than trim) and is a much nicer translucent green color. Both get you ripped! haha

Graywolf

Graywolf

U gotta good point graywolf, probably should of hung onto my cash… oh well. The tincture from the extractor def works, however its pretty much black and opaque. My buddy made a tincture a few weeks ago using the quickwash technique and bud (rather than trim) and is a much nicer translucent green color. Both get you ripped! haha

Which is directly to the point, that they all work and are just different tools in our tool box!

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I use 190 proof golden grain and love it now that i got the process down. Shit hits me harder than any fat based consumables.

skuzz99

skuzz99

so u gotta decarboxylate it 1st b4 using it? i guess u wud do that to the weed b4 the extraction??

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
I use 190 proof golden grain and love it now that i got the process down. Shit hits me harder than any fat based consumables.

Kakalak...what did you do to refine your process? Interested in hearing how you made it better!

Grow Safe

SDC

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
First thing is to make sure what you use has little or no leaf material in it. Then I add a nice layer of kif to strength. Keep the temperature med high so you don't get a bitter flavor. I don't put the buds in the oven but they do need to be as dry as possible. Really not much more to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom