Cannabis Tomatoes, Not only is it possible , how high do they get you?

• Thread starter mrfreeze682
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

So
here is the video i saw. Can you do this with other fruits? and vegetables? Technically tomatoes are fruits since they hang and have seeds... are apple on the list?? Hmmmmm

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
The Simpsons - Season 11 Episode 5 (1999) - I thought about trying to cross weed and tomato's since my first grow because of this episode.

MV5BMjAxNTE0MGItZmZhNi00ZmYzLWJkZTUtNmZiYjk4MGY2ZTk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcwMzEzMTU@._V1_.jpg

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

im definitely gona try it later this year... we got orange , lemons , guavas, apricots. Just gona try n Frankenstein on the garden see what gives lol

A

AdkBuds

Breeding no, but grafting yes.

There was a Simpson’s fan who actually made a ToMacco plant via grafting. They used a tomato branch grafted to a tobacco plant. The tomatoes produced supposedly did have nicotine in them.

A CanAto is my Liger
but it is less likely to be possible than a ToMacco because Tobacco & Tomato are very genetically similar. They belong to the same family, but cannabis does not. 😭 I think cannabis grafted to a rose or elm would actually be a more viable option, weirdly.

Also in response to the ‘you can’t breed two species’ haven't you heard of a mule? Those are sterile offspring of a donkey and horse. Much cooler but lesser known is the zedonk (zebra & donkey) Hybrid fish aren’t unusual at all either. Exotic pet cats like Savana and Bengals are hybrid species too. Plenty of them are out there, it just comes down to the genetic closeness to determine likelihood of a breeding resulting in any viable offspring. That’s why horse hybrids are plentiful but despite Dolly the clone paving the way for sheep genetic work, sheep/goat hybrids are super rare.

The world is much wilder than you think & nature is always going to blow your mind more than sci-fi.

Last edited:
E

elusiveshame

Donkeys and horses are very similar in dna makeup. Same with zebras (and “zebra donkeys” exist).

You’re not breeding weed with another plant like a tomato, apple, or anything else like that.

You literally can’t breed species that aren’t related. This is why catdogs don’t exist (except in cartoon form), or pig vultures. Or pig men, or sheep people.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Donkeys and horses are very similar in dna makeup. Same with zebras (and “zebra donkeys” exist).

You’re not breeding weed with another plant like a tomato, apple, or anything else like that.

You literally can’t breed species that aren’t related. This is why catdogs don’t exist (except in cartoon form), or pig vultures. Or pig men, or sheep people.
so its not possible? so that video is a hoax... or does the plant grow but no thc in tamatoes? Sounds like i gotta put my mythbuster hat on for this one...

TomH

TomH

No pig-man? I thought Kramer found one in a Seinfeld episode!

E

elusiveshame

so its not possible? so that video is a hoax... or does the plant grow but no thc in tamatoes? Sounds like i gotta put my mythbuster hat on for this one...

It’s a hoax. You can possibly graft a weed or tomato plant onto one another, but your weed won’t taste like tomatoes, and your tomatoes won’t have any thc.

Just like you can graft fruit trees, but the fruits don’t taste like the host fruit.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

It’s a hoax. You can possibly graft a weed or tomato plant onto one another, but your weed won’t taste like tomatoes, and your tomatoes won’t have any thc.

Just like you can graft fruit trees, but the fruits don’t taste like the host fruit.
that makes sense in alot of ways.... Shout out to lgbt but girls cant be guys and guys cant be girls ... so many levels this makes sense...

Top Bottom