Cannabis trait rules documentation chart?

• Thread starter KurtK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KurtK

Can anyone point me to a cannabis trait rules chart? Such as which traits are dominant, which recessive, which express differently under heterozygous pairings vs. Homozygous dominance, etc.? Thanks!

K

KurtK

All right I'll get us started based on what I've seen in the limited breeding I've done, would love anybody's input on this.

Photoperiod is dominant to auto flower, and appears to be monogenic. In other words, heterozygous pairings don't seem to speed up flowering.

Size of the plant seems to be multigenic (not sure if that's a word), and heterozygosity results in medium size plants. Same with leaf width.

Color of the leaves appear to be monogenic with green being dominant and purple recessive.

THC vs. CBD production, like size of the plant, also appears to be multigenic with a "watering down" effect possible.

Based on what I've read from breeders, while multiple genes are involved in terpene production, diesel smell seems to be dominant and skunk smell seems to be recessive?

I totally recognize that 1. genetics and phenotypic expression are FAR more complex than this, even Mendel fudged his results a bit to make things simpler, but having some basic trait rules could be really really useful when considering crossed and how to dig recessive traits out, if that's what you're looking for, and 2. The observations above are totally guesses based on my limited breeding and reading.

There has to be some sort of trait rules from more experienced breeders somewhere?

Top Bottom