Cannabis Use Disorder

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Dang thing didnt load on my phone.... ill try a computer later... not school hahaha
Same as I, just a blank page and if I type the link in my browser says page not found.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm cannabis deficient, right now. Does that count as a"cannabis use disorder" ? Probly. Better fire one up.
Every joint burned is a dollar burned by pharma hahaha
Oh man next thing you know they will be saying kids are buttchugging weed :cool:
Hahaha lmao... theyre slamin it into their neck now.. or the classy way... between their toes.

dan1989

dan1989

Man all I'll say is I hope they NEVER legalise MJ here in the UK. NEVER ever. It's like there's more BS and red tape when its fuckin legal! I like it just the way it is now. Fully illegal, and so many people doing it I'd laugh if my place got raided for 8 or 9 plants :D

Juicebox

Juicebox

Man all I'll say is I hope they NEVER legalise MJ here in the UK. NEVER ever. It's like there's more BS and red tape when its fuckin legal! I like it just the way it is now. Fully illegal, and so many people doing it I'd laugh if my place got raided for 8 or 9 plants :D
Ya i never exceed 4 plants so i never worry....mabey a lil fine and a lecture

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I notice the quality goes down in legal states.... it just gets flooded with shit growers that pump chemicals and have no clue what dry and cure is.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Dang thing didnt load on my phone.... ill try a computer later... not school hahaha
When I click with chrome, it adds the hashtag and won't load, and still won't load if you delete the hashtag. Firefox appears to be okay, but the government is probably giving us aids.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
putting on the tinfoil hat fella's.

The whole cannabis use disorder thing is just a dreamed up concoction and will be another way that Big Pharma will get in your pockets. Pretty soon you gonna start to see commercials that will go like this,

Talk to your doctor today about CannaDisorderEnzymes. Side effects are rectal bleeding from us fukkn you in your ass. Blurred vision cause if you believe this you must be dizzy. Pecker will shrivel and fall off but that the least of your worries cause you suffer from cannabis use disorder. Heart palpitations, shortness of breath, internal bleeding, eye infections, dry mouth, skin cancers. Sounds like I want to sign up for some of this shit!!!!

They are already working on a prescription that will alleviate the dreaded CUD. Sort of the same way they are now marketing that new legal dope their sellin to alleviate constipation from opioid disorders. Wow what a frikkn joke.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
you know it took the 3rd legal movement for them to catch me by getting tha family to say anymore money made from the money without them is crime. kinda sad. each time always over 1 gimmick strain, its crack to me after a minute.

if illegal is still the same then legal is crack.
Dude... i want what youre on

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
They seem to think speaking out of both sides of their collective mouth isn't hypocritical. Or something

Here is a bit of clarity. By clarity, I mean manipulation. lol @ the money trail and complete lack of causation.
'Drugged driving' surpasses drunken driving among drivers killed in crashes, report finds
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/27/health/drugged-driving-death-rates-report/index.html
in part:
"Positive drug tests were more common than the presence of alcohol among the fatally injured drivers who were tested in 2015, according to the report (PDF) "Drug-impaired Driving," released Wednesday by the Governors Highway Safety Association and the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility, a nonprofit funded by alcohol distillers.
Of those tested, 43% of motorists who died had drugs in their system, the report said. This number surpassed the 37% of motorists who died who tested positive for alcohol in the same year.
"Data in the report showed that for the first time, there are more dead drivers for which we have test results that are positive for drugs than there are who were positive for alcohol," said James Hedlund, an independent safety expert with Highway Safety North in Ithaca, New York. The new report adds to earlier research conducted by Hedlund that addressed behavioral highway safety issues, including drug-impaired driving."

here is what the studies I pay attention to say!!!!

lg.php

Science Shows Cannabis Users Are Safe Drivers

cdccREDUX.jpg

The effects of cannabis on driving have been extensively studied for decades. Research consistently shows that typical cannabis use causes very little or no impairment to driving ability.
In terms of public policy, the focus should remain on the real danger, which is alcohol. Cannabis only impairs driving in very high doses, much higher than those usually taken by the vast majority of users. When alcohol users switch to cannabis, our roads get safer.

Here’s a summary from the past 25 years of studies showing that cannabis users are safe drivers.

In 1992, the U.S. Department of Transportation did a study analyzing blood from fatally injured drivers, to see how drugs and alcohol affected collisions. They concluded that “THC-only drivers had a responsibility rate below that of the drug-free drivers. While the difference was not statistically significant, there was no indication that cannabis by itself was a cause of fatal crashes.”

A year later, they confirmed this result with another study on driving simulators, which found that “THC’s adverse effects on driving performance appear relatively small.”

In 1995, the Australia Road Research Unit did a major study into cannabis’ effects on actual driving performance. They found that “THC’s effects on road-tracking after doses up to 300 µg/kg never exceeded alcohol’s at BACs of 0.08% and were in no way unusual compared to many medicinal drugs.”

The researchers also noted that “THC seems to differ qualitatively from many other drugs, in that the users seem better able to compensate for its adverse effects while driving under the influence.”

In 1997, a study into crash characteristics and injuries of victims was published in the Journal of Accident Analysis and Prevention and found that alcohol was more of a problem on the roads than all illegal drugs combined.

“Alcohol is clearly the major drug associated with serious crashes and greater injury. Patients testing positive for illicit drugs (marijuana, opiates, and cocaine), in the absence of alcohol, were in crashes very similar to those of patients with neither alcohol nor drugs. These drugs were not associated with more severe crashes or greater injury.”

In 1998, the British House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology issued a report on cannabis and driving. Their studies found that “the impairment in driving skills does not appear to be severe, even immediately after taking cannabis, when subjects are tested in a driving simulator.”

In 1999, University of Toronto researcher Alison Smiley did a “meta-analysis” of studies into cannabis and driving. She concluded that “Recent research into impairment and traffic accident reports from several countries shows that marijuana taken alone in moderate amounts does not significantly increase a driver’s risk of causing an accident – unlike alcohol.”

Smiley added a pointed commentary. “There’s an assumption that because marijuana is illegal, it must increase the risk of an accident. We should try to just stick to the facts.”There’s an assumption that because marijuana is illegal, it must increase the risk of an accident. We should try to just stick to the facts.”

Another study into the role of cannabis in motor vehicle crashes was published in Epidemiologic Reviews in 1999, and found that cannabis users may even have a reduced risk of accidents. Researchers concluded that “there is no evidence that consumption of cannabis alone increases the risk of culpability for traffic crash fatalities or injuries, and may reduce those risks.”

In 2002, a study into cannabis and alcohol in motor vehicle accidents found that cannabis-users were no more likely to cause accidents than non-users. “In cases in which THC was the only drug present, the culpability ratio was found to be not significantly different from the no-drug group.”

Canada’s Senate released a massive report into all aspects of cannabis in 2002. In regards to driving, they concluded that “cannabis leads to a more cautious style of driving.” The Senators also noted that “cannabis alone, particularly in low doses, has little effect on the skills involved in automobile driving.”

The Senate concluded “…cannabis alone, particularly in low doses, has little effect on the skills involved in automobile driving.”

In 2007, the Canadian Journal of Public health reviewed several studies into the impact of cannabis on driving. They found that “the severe impact of alcohol on driving abilities are well beyond what has been shown with cannabis.”

A 2010 study into cannabis and driving, printed in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, showed that “no differences were found during the baseline driving segment or collision avoidance scenarios,” and concluded that “driving performance was not correlated with highness.”

A study done in 2012 by the Journal of Analytical Toxicology found that even large doses of cannabis produced less impairment than legal levels of alcohol, concluding that there were only “minimal performance changes in critical tracking and divided attention tasks after smoking 700 µg/kg THC. These findings support those documenting minimal impairment in driving-related psychomotor tasks in chronic daily cannabis smokers.”

In 2013, a study into medical marijuana laws, traffic fatalities, and alcohol consumption</a> published in the Journal of Law and Economics showed that legal cannabis means safer roads. They found that “the first full year after coming into effect, legalization is associated with an 8-11% decrease in traffic fatalities.”

The study also found that “legalization is also associated with a sharp decrease in alcohol consumption, which suggests that marijuana and alcohol are substitutes.” The study justified this assertion by including that in, “the first full year after coming into effect, legalization is associated with an 8-11% decrease in traffic fatalities. Legalization is also associated with a sharp decrease in alcohol consumption.

A 2016 study in the American Journal of Public Health confirmed that cannabis access means less traffic accidents, showing that “medical marijuana laws were associated with immediate reductions in traffic fatalities. Dispensaries were also associated with traffic fatality reductions in those aged 25 to 44 years.”

A 2015 study by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, found that cannabis caused much less impairment than alcohol, concluding that “alcohol, but not marijuana, increased the number of times the car actually left the lane and the speed of the weaving.” The NHTSA also analyzed accident patterns, and found that “drivers who tested positive for marijuana were no more likely to crash than those who had not used any drugs or alcohol prior to driving.”

In 2016, the American Automobile Association studied the data on cannabis and driving and concluded that “there was no correlation between blood THC concentration and scores on the individual impairment indicators. Legal limits, also known as per se limits, for marijuana and driving are arbitrary and unsupported by science.”

If the Liberals are going to base their policies on science and research, then the arbitrary 2ng/ml cannabinoid limit for driving needs to be removed. Potential cannabis impairment can be dealt with the same way we do for pharmaceuticals, with warning labels and a standard roadside sobriety test. The evidence shows that legalization of cannabis in Canada is likely to make our roads safer than they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom