CANNONBALL RUN!! - Putting the Spider Farmer SE3000 through its paces!!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

PS those clones didn't go outside into 2 December by the way so missed four months or so of veg. Pretty happy with size for 3 months.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So running GG4 in the tent this time, I need some Indica in my life. These things are totally different beasts than the Green Crack. Those seeds were a little green and looked like they'd been rushed, and they were allow to come on and develop. These things went in paper towel on the 19th, by the 21st all had one inch tap roots, went into soil that night, quarter strength nutes and rhizo powder, and two nights later were in the tent and rocking. Looking forward to a shorter growing cycle this time, and having a nice stock of lovely sativa and indica.

9C63E209 FCF1 4BBA 88AB BF923EB92B07
3859552A CE6F 4166 A564 B3811F353356
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So for those who didn't see my first grow, or my poorly documented, horrifically fucked second grow, welcome to run number three!! This is run number two with the SE3000 kindly provided by the good people at SPIDERFARMER!! It's a great little light, it's designed for 3x3 which is smaller than my tent, but I've tested it and it still delivers viable PAR levels to the edges of my 4x4. Well engineered and reliable, such a refreshing change after my experience with the Mars Hydro... Enough about that.

So I planted my first grow three days after my dad passed away last year. The grow became my medicine, and allowed me to grow what would become my other medicine. That grow had kept me in medicine for over four months now, but is running low.

My second grow was two monster cropped clones that I started outside then moved into the tent. They were amazing. They also hid an army of spider mites which I failed to recognise and you get the rest. Couple that with a shit recommendation of treatment from an expert pffft at the grow store which burnt the fuck out of all my buds and I've learned all the hard lessons I need to for one lifetime

Truth is, my first kid was born two months after dad died, right in the middle of the grow. I also changed job into an entirely new career which is great but also means long hours trying to get established. I stayed alert thru the rest of that grow, but basically the second grow I put the clones in, properly automated the watering and then gave them next to no love. Let's just say I reaped as I sowed...

So now I have my other two monster cropped clones outside which are about a month away I would guess. Planted in fabric pots, I'm guessing they were from different parts of the plant because the one on the right is so much bigger and totally different structure. Bear in mind these have had no training, this is how they grew. Monster cropping is awesome.

CED7887F 3FD7 40F7 B289 9171B3B11D64
0D79137C B97E 4382 AA29 DB53B2A497CC

And the tent is back in action with my next run which is GG4, again from the good folks at CropKingSeeds. It's really hard to know what is making a difference on this grow versus the first as so much is different. I know my shit better, I've got the setup tighter, I'm using CO2, I've got a better light (courtesy of the folks at SpiderFarmer), and we're running gorilla glue instead of green crack, so heavy indica dominant instead of heavy sativa. Whatever the reason everything is so much faster this time.

Seeds germinate and produced inch long tap roots in under 48 hours. Straight into little pots in Coco and under the led light on the stove, then into the 4x4 under the SE3000 at about 10 DLI. I use this chart from a professional indoor farmer and the Photone app on the iPhone to set to the right DLI level with the light 2.5 feet away then slowly lower it to raise the DLI.

14C83BAD 9556 41B2 BBB2 3F3E3228FC9D

0C9A00D7 4C26 498B 9C1A 608FFAC27854

C6FB1945 0A2D 4338 BF66 51556A2C71FD

00745692 91D3 4F75 B266 484F5287FA65
5DE6E5BE 5797 497C 999F 792C7588ECC7

A746FB86 8A57 48B1 A133 DDC8E536F8E5

One of those was munted and was removed to leave four plants.

0F851C59 51BE 412D B7EA F23C146D8DA2

Here we are on day 16 from germination and we're completely done with seedling and already banging out five point leaves. So much faster than last time, definitely the indica has something to do with that but the CO2 is letting me run higher light output and they're just flying.

C70B4EF9 0391 4C50 AA98 1E9ADE6BB493
1BE4536F AA22 4D97 A411 F9D7FD2DA4D1
E0FA1C16 FB67 47C9 908C ED1BCAA66853

I love my watering system. The grow shop always uses fish tank pumps with no head pressure and dribble water which is probably fine for soil but in Coco it's shit. It creates channels and delivers water quickly meaning you get run off before you've properly soaked the soil. It took me a while to find the right gear and cost me a few hundred dollars but once I had some head pressure and could use irrigation sprinklers to deliver water the result is so much better. I'm gonna do a separate post on my set up but look at this coco. Looks just like it's rained. The plants love it.

728D9B31 63DF 4D15 AEE3 23827A1463AE
9F88B502 C48B 4EBE A654 30E475CEEA08

So now I will crank the lights again knowing we're properly into veg. Man honestly they're flying. Now they're only ever gonna get to 5-6 nodes because they gonna be MAINLINED!! I've decided that's the way forward for my little set up. I'm gonna make 32 baseball bats in there and not need to fuck around with a scrog net. Wish me luck and FOLLOW ALONG!! Hopefully we'll all learn something, and I'm keen for some good lessons and good results again. Peace all!!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

No offense but that CO2 is doing nothing but getting exhausted out of your tent. Good luck on the grow.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

View attachment 1224964

Sounds good!
Aaaah I get it. Sorry yes you're quite right in this respect. My intention is more three second one they mention. It's a very small room and I worry about recirculation and CO2 depletion. So the bag is just there to try and ensure we stay at atmospheric levels, as I suspect it was low on previous grows. As I say I can't say with any certainty it's made any difference this time as I've changed so many other parameters but for the sake of $50 I'll give it a go.

And yes I use that paper as my Bible, it's the definitive resource for what we do, so respect. Good to have you on board, hopefully you can help out when I inevitably get stuck! Here's to good buds

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Aaaah I get it. Sorry yes you're quite right in this respect. My intention is more three second one they mention. It's a very small room and I worry about recirculation and CO2 depletion. So the bag is just there to try and ensure we stay at atmospheric levels, as I suspect it was low on previous grows. As I say I can't say with any certainty it's made any difference this time as I've changed so many other parameters but for the sake of $50 I'll give it a go.

And yes I use that paper as my Bible, it's the definitive resource for what we do, so respect. Good to have you on board, hopefully you can help out when I inevitably get stuck! Here's to good buds
#respect

The CO2 bag won't do any harm that's for sure :) Thanks for the warm welcome and happy to contribute in any way that I can. Will def follow along a fellow SE3000 user!

Top Bottom