Canoeing leaves (cupping up)

• Thread starter zx625
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zx625

Can anyone tell my what I'm doing wrong as my cannabis leaves are canoeing up. Please see attached picture. Why are my weed leaves canoeing or cupping up?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ent

what are your temps like? what nutrients and pH for the last watering when this showed up?

here's your pic:

IMG_3232.JPG

Z

zx625

1 I'm in veg
2 co2 1300ppm
3 temps 80-83
4 humidity 35
5 pH 5.8
6 Formula General Hydroponics
7 Problem started when I move them into #2
8 6" top feed rockwool cubes
9 water when needed (pretty much once a day)
Note: weird thing is its not happening in my #1 room (veg room). transferred over early into #2 because I needed space (still 18 hours). curious thing is, the problem is only 5% in #1 compared to #2. I thought it was humidity so last night I raised the humidity to about 42%. The problem did not seem to get any better. What do you think?

S

SkyHi

My OG's do it to an extent regardless of the conditions ...but thats the only strains i have seen do it naturally...

E

ent

My OG's do it to an extent regardless of the conditions ...but thats the only strains i have seen do it naturally...

awww yes. that distinctive 'kush curl' as i call it. allowing the trichs from the under the leaves to become more exposed for a very frosty look.

justiceman

justiceman

You have to achieve a certain post count. What are your temperatures? Sometimes leaves do that from heat stress, or too much N, but it could be this "kush curl" these guys above are talking about. Just genetics? Hows the rest of the plant doing?

M

medic1969

try to keep room temp. 73 and dont let it verry more than 5 degres

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
awww yes. that distinctive 'kush curl' as i call it. allowing the trichs from the under the leaves to become more exposed for a very frosty look.
I'll keep on the watch for that, I've got two new (to me) kush girls I'm gonna run. I've only ever seen canoing like that when it's really hot and they're begging for relief.

80-83F doesn't seem all that hot to me (in fact, I wish I could get it up to at least 75F in my room).

Z

zx625

Justice,
What is a post count?
1 I'm in veg
2 co2 1300ppm
3 temps 77-81
4 humidity (for two days 42-55)
5 pH 5.8-6.3

They look OK, see attached pictures for my worst looking leaves

IMG 3235
IMG 3234
justiceman

justiceman

Justice,
What is a post count?
1 I'm in veg
2 co2 1300ppm
3 temps 77-81
4 humidity (for two days 42-55)
5 pH 5.8-6.3

They look OK, see attached pictures for my worst looking leaves

Post count is the number of posts you have. You can find it below your name on any of your posts. Just look around the farm and check out some threads to hit up.

How much General Hydro have you been feeding them and do you use R/O water? Sorry I am having a hard time reading that temp gauge what is it?

T

the professor

my plants do that when they are to close to the light and; the temps are to high

J

John Smith Esq.

+ 2, looks like heat stress to me dude, especially if your not watering everyday.

The plant will suck all the moisture out of some leaves to keep it self alive when it needs more water making those leaves curl or shrivel - the first pic almost looks like a magnesium deficiency imho but judging by your temps i would go with heat stress first, add a fan, crack a window, hell leave the refridgerator open if it helps but get those temps down at least a touch! Also you might wanna try giving them a little more water than you have been and see if that helps, it could help them tolerate the heat better.

Peace

Z

zx625

80 - 83 degrees could mean 85 - 87 at the leaf...And without c02 that could be to hot....

mc

Actually that is exactly at the tops of my plants. I hang my high/low temp gauge from my lights down to the tops of my plants. My co2 as of this morning is 1350 ppm. humidity is 51%. My rockwool is moist. Any additional thought?

Thanks,

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
It think it's the temps coupled with low humidity. Just because your sensor says 83, doesn't mean the leaf temps are the same...leaves are dark...your sensor is more then likely white....and your sensor doesn't measure radiant temps...just the ambient temp. Lower your temps to 80 see if that helps, or raise your lights.

Top Bottom