Canoeing leaves (cupping up)

• Thread starter zx625
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Looks like lumen shock lower your co2 and raise your lights ....

M

mcattak

It think it's the temps coupled with low humidity. Just because your sensor says 83, doesn't mean the leaf temps are the same...leaves are dark...your sensor is more then likely white....and your sensor doesn't measure radiant temps...just the ambient temp. Lower your temps to 80 see if that helps, or raise your lights.

Exactly..

Measure your leaf temps not the ambient temp of the room...Laser Thermometer and Reduce those ambient temps by raising the light...

mc

Z

zx625

Revol, Jack, Mctal,

Thank you all for your response's. How close do you keep your lights? Do you keep your lights the same distance throughout your crop cycle? (I have eight 1000 watts over eight 3.5'-4.5' supper cropped plants) What would you lower you CO2 to? and again what do you keep your CO2 at throughout your crop? I'm Growing diablo and SFV OG.

Thanks,
zx625

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How do they look otherwise? If they're looking alright, maybe it's not broke. If they're growing well and all that, I'd just wait and see.

C

cymbaline

Do you have a fan blowing on the plants?
How close is it and what speed is it set at?
How high did you move your lights up?
I don't know for sure but I don't think dropping your co2 will help
the canoe, I just don't think the canoe situation is allowing the
plant to take full advantage of the co2.

I get temps into the 90's on my one thermometer and my top leaves don't canoe
like that. They did though when I had my light about 12" off them
and a fan blowing across the top of the canopy.
It was like they were losing too much water from the heat and fan
and attempting to close up to slow it down.
I moved the light up to around 18-24 inches and lowered the fan speed
and the canoe hasn't returned. (only running a 400w though)
edited to add I'm running a vertical parabolic vs air cooled hood..

Z

zx625

OK, growing about 1/2 a day, a little drooping, and a little leaf discoloration. As for waiting and seeing, that I will do.

S

SkyHi

Dude if your growing OG's it might never go away its a trait of that strain....i would worry if they didnt curl. lets see some better pics

beezleb878

beezleb878

Do you have a fan blowing on the plants?
How close is it and what speed is it set at?
How high did you move your lights up?
the canoe, I just don't think the canoe situation is allowing the
plant to take full advantage of the co2.

I get temps into the 90's on my one thermometer and my top leaves don't canoe
like that. They did though when I had my light about 12" off them
and a fan blowing across the top of the canopy.
It was like they were losing too much water from the heat and fan
and attempting to close up to slow it down.
I moved the light up to around 18-24 inches and lowered the fan speed
and the canoe hasn't returned. (only running a 400w though)
edited to add I'm running a vertical parabolic vs air cooled hood..

I just experienced this as well. I suggest for consideration moving the light up farther than common sense and slowly lowering the light a bit each day and watch and analyze the plants. Worst I think you may get a bit of stretch but nothing that cant be controlled I think. The main benefit I think is to give the leaf time to recover before it can try being fully functional, so a day or so with the light being a little higher than what is optimum for your setup should not be that major a factor I think.

I know we want our grows to be at optimum levels and when optimum levels do not work we have to find the level that works best for the environment and then we can work on making effective grow room adjustments. I am going through the process of dialing in my grow room as well but its all part of the process.

For what it is worth, these painful experiences will do much your weed wisdom later. Good luck and much success.

Z

zx625

Dude if your growing OG's it might never go away its a trait of that strain....i would worry if they didnt curl. lets see some better pics

Can't take pictures right now (won't do any justice they are asleep) but I will latter when they wake up. Maybe I need to stiffen up a little bit and quit worrying. You know man I'm living this shit.

Z

zx625

Do you have a fan blowing on the plants? YES, ON HIGH

How close is it and what speed is it set at? BUT IT IS ONLY 2 12" FANS

How high did you move your lights up? 36"

the canoe AFTER HEARING JACKMAYOFF ADVICE I TURNED THE CO2 OFF AS OF TODAY WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. WAS RUNNING ABOUT 1300PPM

(only running a 400w though) I AM RUNNING 8 1000s HPS (DUCTED) OVER 8 PLANTS

F

foolsgold

probly a mix of strain characteristics, heat stress, and low humidity. get a ventalation system big enough for your space and things should get a little better.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

If you have tried lowering your temps and raising the lights already even backing off the nutes a little.. then its genetics bro.. I have some og girls that do the same shit.. right by other girls that dont (different genetics of course).. I to was like what the fuck is going on.. after process of elimination I am convinced its genetics.. And like oboy said its not neceseraly a problem.. just a trait.. I would not sweat it bro unless you can tell the trait/problem is a threat.

B

Bruno

I've got a couple of indicas doing that right now . They are 13 weeks old nine in flowering and are "ready" to be taken down .

If you look closely you can see trichoms growing on the leaf even the big fan/sun leaves .

If this is happening the plant is telling you it's time . It's doing everything it can to be pollinated . It's giving it's all .

C

cenjiedi

I think you should water more.You don't put too much alkaline fertilizer.

T

TheVenusflytrap

if ure running co2 80 -83 should be perfect it does look like heat though ive heard that ure co2 is more effective in higher temps becuz it opens the pores of the plant and speeds up metabolism therefore more nutrient uptake leave it be as long as everything else is good i wouldnt worry maybe try a solid 80 that 3 degrees might be the difference

V

vinniep

1 I'm in veg
2 co2 1300ppm
3 temps 80-83
4 humidity 35
5 pH 5.8
6 Formula General Hydroponics
7 Problem started when I move them into #2
8 6" top feed rockwool cubes
9 water when needed (pretty much once a day)
Note: weird thing is its not happening in my #1 room (veg room). transferred over early into #2 because I needed space (still 18 hours). curious thing is, the problem is only 5% in #1 compared to #2. I thought it was humidity so last night I raised the humidity to about 42%. The problem did not seem to get any better. What do you think?
Humitdy is way to low....

N

nish20

Hi all,
I'm very new to this, and I'd like to know whats happening with my pot. Switched to 12:12.
I have consequently reduced watering. No added ferts. Lights are about 45cm away. Mg def? Please Help.

Thanks everyone.
Nish

20191025 115936
Top Bottom