Canopy too thick?? Does anyone defoliate through stretch??

• Thread starter Ganjineering
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Worse than that when I do have like some Bruce Banner and I pass one to my buddies. They just take a puff. And mash it into the ashtray. Same with purple kush and OG kush. No peppery or floral. No sativas. No hash plant. They literally will only smoke kush. And only exotic kush. It's kind of funny I guess. They're missing out on Bruce Banner and stuff. A different kind of smoke.

They sound like addicts. Couchlock or it sucks. Right? Same kind of people who drink only to get drunk and as quickly as possible.

Ponky

Ponky

They sound like addicts. Couchlock or it sucks. Right? Same kind of people who drink only to get drunk and as quickly as possible.
Well. ... we all grew up selling weed. And we always had endless supplies of the best weed in the area. So.. smoking pot doesn't really get us "high". We can sit for hours smoking on live resin and joints but we don't get silly. Couch lock isn't really what we do. We smoke. Work out. Work on cars or building projects. We all just sort of smoke joints instead of cigarettes. I think it's a taste thing for them. I'm the only one willing to try sativa flavors. If it tastes like roses petals, pepper and earth. They hate it. I'm willing to smoke an ounce to see if it has qualities I like.
It's like people who haven't listened to new music since 1997. Some people refuse to try stuff. It's a weird marijuana culture I'm in.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Indoor lights to a plant is like starvation. And imprisonment. So the fewer mouths to feed low on the totem pole the better. Only the ones closest to the light deserve to eat. The rest just create humidity and a bag of worthless popcorn fluff. Outdoor is like a buffet with endless light and no reason everyone can't stay for the cookout. Indoor. That's like prison. South American prison.
I'm not sure that I would go that far knocking the quality of indoor light, but you do paint an accurate picture. Results can be pretty impressive indoors. However I completely agree with removing leaves on the lower part of the plant. The ones where it's in a low light area that are only going to produce loose bud that rarely finish ... those areas are using energy that could be used elsewhere. Those leaves usually start yellowing and fading early ... remove those on down and all the way in to the main stem. That area is a high humidity zone that does not get enough light or air and the plant needs that air flow to remain healthy.

I would not remove all large fan leaves. I would remove all lower leaves and bud spots below the light penetration zone. This forces all the plant's energy into the healthiest grow zone and will give you more bud and less larf. However, If you remove too many fans, the plant will replace that lost green with more leaf inside the bud. If it were my grow, I would leave every healthy green fan leaf on the plant that is in the light penetration zone.

With that said. Defoliation is a very divided topic and someone else will have a different opinion.

growsince79

growsince79

Well. ... we all grew up selling weed. And we always had endless supplies of the best weed in the area. So.. smoking pot doesn't really get us "high". We can sit for hours smoking on live resin and joints but we don't get silly. Couch lock isn't really what we do. We smoke. Work out. Work on cars or building projects. We all just sort of smoke joints instead of cigarettes. I think it's a taste thing for them. I'm the only one willing to try sativa flavors. If it tastes like roses petals, pepper and earth. They hate it. I'm willing to smoke an ounce to see if it has qualities I like.
It's like people who haven't listened to new music since 1997. Some people refuse to try stuff. It's a weird marijuana culture I'm in.
My daughter inlaw is like that, except it has to be piss in your face skunk.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I would like to get ahold of sum skunk that actually had the smell it’s been 15+ years

Ponky

Ponky

My daughter inlaw is like that, except it has to be piss in your face skunk.
Real skunk I've only had once. Then it was bred into oblivion. But the pine tar is close. With that rubber tire and skunks ass smell. But it doesn't have the bite. Too smooth. It's all about the taste.

growsince79

growsince79

Real skunk I've only had once. Then it was bred into oblivion. But the pine tar is close. With that rubber tire and skunks ass smell. But it doesn't have the bite. Too smooth. It's all about the taste.
I didn't like the real skunk, and I'm not a big fan of the new skunks. I like a sweet sativa with no more than a hint of skunk - no earthy taste and no cough.

Ponky

Ponky

I didn't like the real skunk, and I'm not a big fan of the new skunks. I like a sweet sativa with no more than a hint of skunk - no earthy taste and no cough.
My favorite would be a sweet lemon taste with a strong og kush back. And maybe a hint of berry sweetness. I still have months to go before my new Pink Lemonades have been cloned and finished. Fingers crossed its legit. And not full of seeds like all the other feminized seeds I've ever bought.

twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Worse than that when I do have like some Bruce Banner and I pass one to my buddies. They just take a puff. And mash it into the ashtray. Same with purple kush and OG kush. No peppery or floral. No sativas. No hash plant. They literally will only smoke kush. And only exotic kush. It's kind of funny I guess. They're missing out on Bruce Banner and stuff. A different kind of smoke.
It's a bit like that here. The only stuff certain friend have or buy is cookies or og. I got some seed from theirs and have a little going now. I did buy a new cookies seed to try. I am also a more of a sativa lover, I can't say full sats because it's been awhile since I tried Kalinga but most strains I try are at 50% or a little more. I love the different flavors and highs and also have other new seeds to try out. Doing a couple strains at a time and have cbd coming soon.

twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Deathstar had that rubber garage rag smell. I loved it but we lost it other than some bxs and crosses. Qe did get a bit tired of it even though it was great meds. I ended up with a couple different hazes (critical haze, super lemon and sleestack skunk, really hazey but f2 was more skunk) once I bought some new stuff. Didn't mean too but just what I got.

Ponky

Ponky

Deathstar had that rubber garage rag smell. I loved it but we lost it other than some bxs and crosses. Qe did get a bit tired of it even though it was great meds. I ended up with a couple different hazes (critical haze, super lemon and sleestack skunk, really hazey but f2 was more skunk) once I bought some new stuff. Didn't mean too but just what I got.
Haze is another strain type we don't get good ones of. All the haze I've ever had tasted like pencil shavings.

CrazyColas

CrazyColas

It’s like craft beer. Eventually everyone comes back to lagers.

StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney

Hi Guys,

So I am 10 days into Flower now in the garden and the plants are doing really well, bus sites forming and lots of growth daily. I was hoping to get some thoughts on the canopy.

These are Girl Scout cookies and they are really bushy with huge fan leaves. I stripped them down to two nodes right before flip but they are already bushier than before. I went through and picked off some larger leaves in the thicker areas of the canopy today and noticed some leaves had spots of moisture in them. The room is 83 F and is sitting at an RH around 65-70%. I am concerned that the canopy is too thick and large leaves are sitting on each other and essentially transpiring to dew point.

We had planned to do a big defoliation of most leaves at Day 19-21 but am considering taking some of the larger fan leaves off regularly throughout the stretch period? Would this hurt the growth of the plants at all during stretch? I have attached photos so they might give you a better idea!
Thanks
How did the harvest turn out??

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

It’s like craft beer. Eventually everyone comes back to lagers.
THIS. I'm in wine so I don't do massive amounts of beer, but hops are seasoning; the 'meat' of a beer is the malted grain. These craft IPA's are like a stew where the main ingredient is salt. I'll never understand it.

Top Bottom