Can't Calibrate Nutradip Ph Meter

• Thread starter yeroc1982
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yeroc1982

yeroc1982

Ok so I bought this brand new, they calibrated it instore. Everything seemed fine the first week then it was like it started to drift around, so I would recalibrate and it was good for abit. Then I started hearing that digital ballasts can cause interference with certain pH testing equipment and started thinking maybe it was that the whole time. Long story short, I can't get the bloody thing withing range. Dip in ph4, adjust to 4 then do ph7 and adjust. Evey time I redip to calibrate more, it keeps drifting away and before I know it, my little adjustment screws are turned out all the way they can go and still it's reading is off. I've always kept the probe in it's little container with ph4 filled up. It's fairly new, about 1 month old. Any help or direction? Should I be using a 3 point calibrating procedure? I notice on the meter where the ph4 screw is it says 4/10 and ph7 just says ph7. Thanks guys, this is really making me go crazy!

P

PharmHand

Ok so I bought this brand new, they calibrated it instore. Everything seemed fine the first week then it was like it started to drift around, so I would recalibrate and it was good for abit. Then I started hearing that digital ballasts can cause interference with certain pH testing equipment and started thinking maybe it was that the whole time. Long story short, I can't get the bloody thing withing range. Dip in ph4, adjust to 4 then do ph7 and adjust. Evey time I redip to calibrate more, it keeps drifting away and before I know it, my little adjustment screws are turned out all the way they can go and still it's reading is off. I've always kept the probe in it's little container with ph4 filled up. It's fairly new, about 1 month old. Any help or direction? Should I be using a 3 point calibrating procedure? I notice on the meter where the ph4 screw is it says 4/10 and ph7 just says ph7. Thanks guys, this is really making me go crazy!
Is your calibration fluid new? What kind?What are you putting the calibration fluid in? Try adding a decent amount in 2 very clean/dry shot glasses. I usually like to start with ph4 ,be sure to rinse with clean water and dry probe when going from 4 to 7- you don’t want to have ANY cross contamination even a small amount will throw your reading off. Never reuse calibration fluid either. Always rinse the probe with clean water and shake it off before going back into its lil container. KCl storage solution is superior to ph4 for probe storage. At a month old tho, you shouldn’t be having issues..... I like the grow boss tri meter seems rock solid and replacement probes are under 50$

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Do you store it wet or dry?

yeroc1982

yeroc1982

I seen a sticker on the probe and it says april2017 so the solution could be old and
It came with its own solution, 2 bottles, nutradip brand. I never reuse cal solution either, always dump it out. And yes it's always put away wet in ph4. When I'm trying to calibrate, I'm using 2 small plastic containers, clean and dry.

P

PharmHand

Sounds like you’re doing it right.... I’ve seen exactly what you’re talking about but it was on a probe over a year old. Pickup some KCl storage solution and maybe some different cal fluid. The KCl helps clean the probe as well. Hanna and blue lab make good products....

yeroc1982

yeroc1982

The guy said at the growstorw to use nutra dip ph4 and ph7 brand solution, does it really matter what brand I'm using? I'll look into the kcl as well. Thank you

P

PharmHand

The guy said at the growstorw to use nutra dip ph4 and ph7 brand solution, does it really matter what brand I'm using? I'll look into the kcl as well. Thank you
Nah I would’ve thought nutradip was fine, they’re not cheap meters. Hanna are probably the best but they’re quite pricey. Was just thinking if you wanna see if another fluid holds more steady give Hanna or blue lab a go, they’re both good quality

yeroc1982

yeroc1982

So I called the store I bought it from, guy said by the sounds of it, there's a probe issue so he's gonna replace it Saturday. Guess I'll need more cal solution now that I've burnt through both bottles trying to mess with this thing. So should I buy some kcl and keep the probe in that in between usage? If your not familiar with the unit, the probe comes with a small bottle to keep the probe submerged when not in use.

Hempry

Hempry

I had a similar problem with mine. Ordered a new probe and no better. Their rep emailed me back the next day with with hope. Basically-the readings are sensitive to inconsistent power supply, my adapter was shot ($25) works fine with a fresh 9v. He said they'll gladly take it back and test it for free replacing anything under warranty. I felt better

Latest posts

Top Bottom