Cant decide

• Thread starter Dankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dankster

Hello everyone. I need some help. I just got a small grow tent and its not very big at all. Its 36" x 20" x 50". I am going to ge growing a couple autoflower strains and i cant decide how i should go about doing it. Planting a couple in smaller size pots and let grow, or just one of two LST? I will be using two 90w LEDS on them.

jagle

jagle

id lst to form an even canopy because of the restricted height. therefore fewer plant and lst and scrog a bit

D

Dankster

Thats what i was thinking, two plants and LST them. Thank you guys for the help!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

You have more than enough space for two three gallon pots (I am partial to the fabric pots) and to train your plants. You should be able to grow a full canopy, and since you are using auto flowering plants they will not have time to outgrow the three gallon pots. Silly question, why only two plants? Since you are using an auto flower variety they will only have a total life of 70 days or so. Why not use 1 liter pots and plant like 6 plants? I used a cabinet with similar dimensions and was able to comfortably fit 10 plants (non auto flower) in 1L soda bottles into the cab.

D

Dankster

I knew i could fit a a decent amount of plants in small containers in this space, But i just assumed that with the two 90w LEDS and LST one or two plants would yield much more.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I knew i could fit a a decent amount of plants in small containers in this space, But i just assumed that with the two 90w LEDS and LST one or two plants would yield much more.

The only problem with that is you are using auto-flower varieties. To LST and make the whole plant wrap around the entire pot will take an extended veg (at least 4 weeks) which auto-flower varieties will not afford you. So having a few more plants in smaller pots will probably give you more harvest weight than using LST on your plants. I have never grown auto-flower varieties, but from what I have seen LST will not really improve harvest or canopy coverage with auto-flower plants, so I think your best bet would be to increase the number of plants.

D

Dankster

Okay, then thats what i shall try. Thanks you guys for the help, its been great!

F

fingers

You can also try growing something that stays quite short like Sannie's K.O. Kush or Anesthesia. These will both stay short with a normal veg period......

Latest posts

Top Bottom