Can't Diagnose My Sick Plant, Need Help!

• Thread starter NoNameHippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoNameHippy

I'm growing my first plant using a 200w MH bulb, and the basic line of Nector For The Gods nutes. My plant was doing absolutely fine until the last few days, I noticed this discoloration. Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do differently?? Ever since it started getting discolored it's slowed its growth down exponentially. I've attached pictures.

Cant diagnose my sick plant need help
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
all your environmental conditions your growing media how you irrigate all that jolly stuff .

N

NoNameHippy

all your environmental conditions your growing media how you irrigate all that jolly stuff .
I'm growing in soil, I use tap water which I ph to 6.3 (give or take .1 or .2, it's hard to get exact). I usually water 16 oz every three days or so, I just check the soil by the old finger trick (stick it in to your first knuckle and feel if it's dry). I do not use cal mag so it could be a calcium deficiency, I picked some up earlier today and gave it it's first dose (3ml per gallon, I make 5 gallons at a time). Whereas the nutrients, I follow the grow chart they came with, under mid vegetative, at 75% strength. I also use rhizoblast.

N

NoNameHippy

I'm growing in soil, I use tap water which I ph to 6.3 (give or take .1 or .2, it's hard to get exact). I usually water 16 oz every three days or so, I just check the soil by the old finger trick (stick it in to your first knuckle and feel if it's dry). I do not use cal mag so it could be a calcium deficiency, I picked some up earlier today and gave it it's first dose (3ml per gallon, I make 5 gallons at a time). Whereas the nutrients, I follow the grow chart they came with, under mid vegetative, at 75% strength. I also use rhizoblast.
It's foxfarm soil also if that helps. I don't have a thermometer in the room, nor a humidity reader, which could also be the issue.

T

Trewalker

Looks like P deficiency to me. PH could be a little higher in soil, 6.5 to 6.7 worked great for me

N

NoNameHippy

Looks like P deficiency to me. PH could to a little higher in soil, 6.5 to 6.7 worked great for me
"P" being potassium? I'm sorry if I sound like a noob. This is my first grow and I've done all my research on these forums and YouTube. How do I correct the issue?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
6.3 is fine for soil, mixing up 5 gallons of nute water and watering 16 oz at a time is not fine
Always water until water runs out the bottom and wait until the pot feels light and the top few inches of dirt is dust dry to water again. Watering without runoff can cause salt buildup in the soil and nute lockout later on showing up as all sorts of deficiencies.
Mixing up 5 gallons of nute solution and not using it within a few days of bubbling in the bucket is also a nono, nutrients lock onto other things in the water and become stale and unusable by the plant afer a while. Liquid nutrient solution should always be used within 36 hours of mixing imo

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
6.3 is fine for soil, mixing up 5 gallons of nute water a d watering 16 oz at a time is not fine
Always water until water runs out the bottom and wait until the pot feels light and the top few inches of dirt is dust dry to water again. Watering without runoff can cause salt buildup in the soil and nute lockout later on showing up as all sorts of deficiencies.
Mixing up 5 gallons of nute solution and not using it within a few days of bubbling in the bucket is also a nono, nutrients lock onto other things in the water and become stale and unusable by the plant afer a while. Liquid nutrient solution should always be used within 36 hours of mixing imo
yep^^^^^^^

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I can't see having a P defiiciency in FF soil that early into your grow. How old are the plants?, other words how long has it been in that FF soil.? Typically you can go 2-3 weeks without any additional nutes using FF soil.

Do you foliar feed or water at all? Or maybe you are wetting the leaves with water and your nute mix and if this is the case, do you do these maneuvers right at lights out so not to burn the leaf tips. Whenever you wet the plant or foliar spray be sure to do it either at lights out or just when lights come on to allow them to dry out before the lights get intense. I prefer at lights out as it gives them time to completely dry out. if using high par leds or legacy HID lighting this is important as you can burn or scorch your leaves when wet.

You mentioned a slowing of growth and that is to be expected after stressing the plant from topping or fimming. It takes a few days to a week for the veg growth vigor to come back as the plant recovers from topping.

The most important thing at this point and I didnt see it, or I missed it, is how old is the plant and at what time using FF soil did you start feeding, not watering. You may have hit the young start with too much nutes early on. Just throwing some ideas out there. When I was using FF years ago I never had to add nutes until well into 3-4 weeks of veg. It is also a good idea when up-potting with fresh soil to back off your ppms a tad as the fresh soil typically will give the plant all it needs while recovering from transplant shock......... Just my .2 cents

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom