can't diagnose this watering issue

• Thread starter NewEnglandFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewEnglandFarmer

NewEnglandFarmer

Just a quick update. Been giving her 2 gallons each morning as the hot dry weather continues. She seems to be using it right up. As far as I can tell pretty much full recovery. Thanks again for help. Hoping I can cut back to every other day or even every third day, maybe if I add some mulch and the heat backs off a bit.

Expect her to start flowering anytime now. Does that affect water requirements at all?

Planning to feed her some fish bone meal this week for some extra Phosphorus...

Hope everyone's doing well.

Obs2 week16

Rooke

Rooke

Just a quick update. Been giving her 2 gallons each morning as the hot dry weather continues. She seems to be using it right up. As far as I can tell pretty much full recovery. Thanks again for help. Hoping I can cut back to every other day or even every third day, maybe if I add some mulch and the heat backs off a bit.

Expect her to start flowering anytime now. Does that affect water requirements at all?

Planning to feed her some fish bone meal this week for some extra Phosphorus...

Hope everyone's doing well.

View attachment 1009682
Hey there farmer, I’m glad your gal is doing much better now. She’s a nice looking plant. You may want to give her some support now that we are getting closer to flowering. If we get a combination of heavy rain and wind you could be looking at broken branches and a lot of work wrecked on you especially when your buds put on some weight. I learned by mistakes hard lessons just sayin! Lots of ways to help her to the finish line! Take care!

NewEnglandFarmer

NewEnglandFarmer

Hey there farmer, I’m glad your gal is doing much better now. She’s a nice looking plant. You may want to give her some support now that we are getting closer to flowering. If we get a combination of heavy rain and wind you could be looking at broken branches and a lot of work wrecked on you especially when your buds put on some weight. I learned by mistakes hard lessons just sayin! Lots of ways to help her to the finish line! Take care!
Thanks for the advice--I will definitely do that this week. What do you suggest using? Don't want to mess up her roots by jabbing something big down in there. Bamboo pole maybe?

You think one would do it and just tie the main branches to it?

Rooke

Rooke

Thanks for the advice--I will definitely do that this week. What do you suggest using? Don't want to mess up her roots by jabbing something big down in there. Bamboo pole maybe?

You think one would do it and just tie the main branches to it?
You can put some into the ground outside of your pot then use some vinyl plant tape to tie it to. I typically use 3 poles and tie at about 2/3rds of the way up the main

NewEnglandFarmer

NewEnglandFarmer

You can put some into the ground outside of your pot then use some vinyl plant tape to tie it to. I typically use 3 poles and tie at about 2/3rds of the way up the main
Unfortunately the ground is mostly rock. Can I stick something thin into the soil without disturbing the roots? Or maybe tie some poles to the outside of the bag. Need to do something--remnants of Isaias will be here tomorrow night. Probably just torrential rain but could be some gusty winds too. The plant is in a relatively sheltered spot but don't want to take chances.

Top Bottom