Cant figure out what’s causing this on the leaves

• Thread starter Anonymous_grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
andrienw

andrienw

I think it’s just overnuted. My leaves looked exactly the same around week 5 of flowering when I hit it with pk 13/14. I’ve been giving it plain water ever since and it started week 9 today. I just look at it like an extended flush. My buds are still growing so I’m not worried about it. Photo was last Monday.

EB6CD67A ACF4 48BB A164 29DA217992C8
Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

I think it’s just overnuted. My leaves looked exactly the same around week 5 of flowering when I hit it with pk 13/14. I’ve been giving it plain water ever since and it started week 9 today. I just look at it like an extended flush. My buds are still growing so I’m not worried about it. Photo was last Monday.
Nice plant! I didn’t start to feed until about week 1 of flower when they began to yellow, I’m using ffof, and when I did start to feed I started at 1/4 of what’s recommended then bumped it up to half strength about week 3 but the problem was already starting before I Started feeding.

andrienw

andrienw

Nice plant! I didn’t start to feed until about week 1 of flower when they began to yellow, I’m using ffof, and when I did start to feed I started at 1/4 of what’s recommended then bumped it up to half strength about week 3 but the problem was already starting before I Started feeding.
I’m using ffof as well. With this soil, I’ve found I don’t need to feed at all during veg. My city water is pretty hard though. It has a lot of calcium and magnesium. I start feeding in week 3 of flowering. Your plants look great! Good luck the rest of the way.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I’m using ffof as well. With this soil, I’ve found I don’t need to feed at all during veg. My city water is pretty hard though. It has a lot of calcium and magnesium. I start feeding in week 3 of flowering. Your plants look great! Good luck the rest of the way.
Wouldn't your plants need at least 500 ppm? That can't be healthy to drink.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Plants are 5 1/2 weeks in flowering but I can’t figure out what’s causing this yellow/brownish spots, starts as few little dots near the vein then as it progresses looks like a cluster then spreads around the leaves, I’m running the fox farm line up at half strength and using cal mag, ph between 6.4- 6.8, I’ve tried to up the feed but tips got alil burnt so I backed off to half again, the problem Progresses fairly quick and I’ve been trying to solve it since week 2 of flower, my ph pen Has been slightly off but I don’t think enough to cause huge swings in soil, if you zoom in on pic you can see there’s quite a few leaves like this ..any advice or solutions ??
They look pretty healthy to me for almost week 6 but if your going over 6.5 ph it is what causing the brown spots on your leafs its ph fluctuation most strains dont like there ph to changing much i aim for 6.3-6.5 the burning on the tips is over nutes so if you over feed your plants with improper ph you could cause lock out and salt build up some strains wont show you much signs of lock out except for ph fluctuation on the leafs at first and then the rest of the plant will turn yellow and die off fast so make sure your not going into lockout best thing to do for that is one watering at 6.4 and watch your ph in just water some water will start to raise your ph after 10-30mins sometimes longer so if it does that in your water it will do it in your growing medium ill take a few hours to ph my water sometimes just to make sure its right and then next watering do a really low doses of food adding low doses of food can help eat up whats still in the pot but getting the new nutrients to re activate the nutes already in the pot.

Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

They look pretty healthy to me for almost week 6 but if your going over 6.5 ph it is what causing the brown spots on your leafs its ph fluctuation most strains dont like there ph to changing much i aim for 6.3-6.5 the burning on the tips is over nutes so if you over feed your plants with improper ph you could cause lock out and salt build up some strains wont show you much signs of lock out except for ph fluctuation on the leafs at first and then the rest of the plant will turn yellow and die off fast so make sure your not going into lockout best thing to do for that is one watering at 6.4 and watch your ph in just water some water will start to raise your ph after 10-30mins sometimes longer so if it does that in your water it will do it in your growing medium ill take a few hours to ph my water sometimes just to make sure its right and then next watering do a really low doses of food adding low doses of food can help eat up whats still in the pot but getting the new nutrients to re activate the nutes already in the pot.
Makes sense It could be ph issues, It does vary between 6.4-6.8 I thought aslong as its within those numbers it’s fine, I try to keep it close as possible but there are days when I’m in a rush and just makes sure it’s not under or over that, I usually just ph it And once number settles ( about 1 min) then into the soil it goes I’ve never let it sit and see what the ph does after some time but will try that out,Thanks

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Makes sense It could be ph issues, It does vary between 6.4-6.8 I thought aslong as its within those numbers it’s fine, I try to keep it close as possible but there are days when I’m in a rush and just makes sure it’s not under or over that, I usually just ph it And once number settles ( about 1 min) then into the soil it goes I’ve never let it sit and see what the ph does after some time but will try that out,Thanks
What nutes are you running and if you can get your nutes dialed in really good you should be able to make a mix and it be the same everytime just takes some practice most plants dont like ph down and they hate ph up so if you can find a way to mix your food where its ph ready you wont have to worry as much

andrienw

andrienw

Wouldn't your plants need at least 500 ppm? That can't be healthy to drink.
I originally thought my city water was too hard to use so I started my first grows buying jugs of spring water. It got expensive so I just gave the city water a try. It seems to work out. It’s pH’d at 7.5 out of the tap but I run a bunch into jugs and let it sit for a few days before watering. Updated pics on day 57 of flowering. I’ve been keeping a journal but it’s only 1/2 page long because I haven’t done much to this plant at all. Started a mainline but kind of backed off the bending because the stems felt a little too stiff.

93415406 C2CD 4A8F BDD4 8F48E9069218
0F7374D6 DAFE 477B BF03 DE14E8E0A492
F369D6DB 7600 4724 96A7 FD0CCBD4BF6D
5A49C405 9DB7 498E 95B7 71ECCD193068
Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

What nutes are you running and if you can get your nutes dialed in really good you should be able to make a mix and it be the same everytime just takes some practice most plants dont like ph down and they hate ph up so if you can find a way to mix your food where its ph ready you wont have to worry as much
I think you had it spot on with the ph fluctuations, tested soil this morning and My worst plant was 5.1ph and my one plant that shows very little symptoms at all was about 6.0 after more research the symptoms are identical to low soil ph, I’m using fox farm nutrients the grow big, tiger bloom nd big bloom aswell as the beastie bloomz, open sesames and cha Ching, going forward should I flush or just add more lime and try watering with 7.0 ph to raise it ?

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

I think you had it spot on with the ph fluctuations, tested soil this morning and My worst plant was 5.1ph and my one plant that shows very little symptoms at all was about 6.0 after more research the symptoms are identical to low soil ph, I’m using fox farm nutrients the grow big, tiger bloom nd big bloom aswell as the beastie bloomz, open sesames and cha Ching, going forward should I flush or just add more lime and try watering with 7.0 ph to raise it ?
if you soil ph is low id flush them out with just water at 6.5 ive never used lime to balance ph i just use ph down i dont even use up i have a different product to raise my ph when needed and thats not often. when you flush them out give them 2-3 times you normally would and give them a extra day or 2 to dry out befor watering again if you feel like you wanna use abit more nutes just use low doeses like half the amount you were using for 2 or 3 more watering then just start flushing with water so they smoke clean you. when you ph your water take some time too do it balance the water to 6.5 and then leave it for hr and check it again and see if its moved at all tap water can be nasty to deal with sometime itll raise back up but sounds like in your case its dropping hard i have a 200L barrel i mix in and if i add 2-5ml to much ph down ill go from a good ph level all the way down to 4-5 on my ph and i only used a small amount ph down and you dont wanna be using ph d and then ph up 5-10 times to get it to be at a good 6.5 try and use as little as possible to get it to stay at 6.5 area

Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

if you soil ph is low id flush them out with just water at 6.5 ive never used lime to balance ph i just use ph down i dont even use up i have a different product to raise my ph when needed and thats not often. when you flush them out give them 2-3 times you normally would and give them a extra day or 2 to dry out befor watering again if you feel like you wanna use abit more nutes just use low doeses like half the amount you were using for 2 or 3 more watering then just start flushing with water so they smoke clean you. when you ph your water take some time too do it balance the water to 6.5 and then leave it for hr and check it again and see if its moved at all tap water can be nasty to deal with sometime itll raise back up but sounds like in your case its dropping hard i have a 200L barrel i mix in and if i add 2-5ml to much ph down ill go from a good ph level all the way down to 4-5 on my ph and i only used a small amount ph down and you dont wanna be using ph d and then ph up 5-10 times to get it to be at a good 6.5 try and use as little as possible to get it to stay at 6.5 area
Great info! Thanks, I use only distilled water, when I add my nutes 9/10 times it drops to 4.5-5.0ph I have to use about 3ml of ph up to get it at 6.5 then I usually let it sit only couple min To stabilize reading and make sure it doesn’t drop but I willl definitely let it sit longer to see if it takes time to drop again ,I was worried about flushing because this strain finishes in 8-9 weeks I’m already at 6 so time I flush and add nutes I’ll be doing final flush again, is there a quick fix just to get though this grow then next one I’ll take all this into account

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are these the largest oldest leaves? If so this is completely normal imo. Timing fits the bill. As a plant ages around 60 days or so they start self pruning less photosyntheticly efficient leaves. These will be the biggest oldest leaves on the plant. It will cannibalize the leaves and then drop em.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Great info! Thanks, I use only distilled water, when I add my nutes 9/10 times it drops to 4.5-5.0ph I have to use about 3ml of ph up to get it at 6.5 then I usually let it sit only couple min To stabilize reading and make sure it doesn’t drop but I willl definitely let it sit longer to see if it takes time to drop again ,I was worried about flushing because this strain finishes in 8-9 weeks I’m already at 6 so time I flush and add nutes I’ll be doing final flush again, is there a quick fix just to get though this grow then next one I’ll take all this into account
When using RO or distilled water and mixing your nutes in that they seem to not bind as well if you mixing 10-20 L of nutes maybe try adding half-1L of tap water to 9L of the distilled water and let it sit for 24hrs first and then wehn you add your nutes to the mix it might not drop your ph as hard or you could try using a stalk sturdier like canna max or pro silicate and you add that to your water 20min-18hrs befor your nutes and itll raise your ph up and then your nutes will bring your ph back down so if you add the right amount at first you can have your nute mix pretty ph perfect everytime

Grotek pro silicate
Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

When using RO or distilled water and mixing your nutes in that they seem to not bind as well if you mixing 10-20 L of nutes maybe try adding half-1L of tap water to 9L of the distilled water and let it sit for 24hrs first and then wehn you add your nutes to the mix it might not drop your ph as hard or you could try using a stalk sturdier like canna max or pro silicate and you add that to your water 20min-18hrs befor your nutes and itll raise your ph up and then your nutes will bring your ph back down so if you add the right amount at first you can have your nute mix pretty ph perfect everytime
Will definitely look into that, much appreciated!!

Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

Are these the largest oldest leaves? If so this is completely normal imo. Timing fits the bill. As a plant ages around 60 days or so they start self pruning less photosyntheticly efficient leaves. These will be the biggest oldest leaves on the plant. It will cannibalize the leaves and then drop em.
The majority are older leaves but some younger ones have same symptoms aswell

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The majority are older leaves but some younger ones have same symptoms aswell
If the younger ones have it also its likely a calcium deficiency or nutrient imbalance. Are you using a high P bloom booster? High P levels can affect calcium uptake.

Also if they are drinking less this can happen. Usually after swell they start to drink less but i don't think this is the issue.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If the younger ones have it also its likely a calcium deficiency or nutrient imbalance. Are you using a high P bloom booster? High P levels can affect calcium uptake.

Also if they are drinking less this can happen. Usually after swell they start to drink less but i don't think this is the issue.

Lol i was about to post nearly the same reply, verbatim.

Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

I’m using the fox farm line up, grow big, tiger bloom,big bloom and open seasame, beastie bloomz, cha Ching. I started feeding around week 1-2 of flower before that they only got calmag in their water, I started about 1/4 strength then bumped up to half strength around week 4 and only 2-3 ml of calmag per gallon, they started to swell about week ago and still drink 2 gallons of water every 4 days give or take, they are in 5gal fabric pots, I ran these same strains last grow with almost no problems With almost identical schedule

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m using the fox farm line up, grow big, tiger bloom,big bloom and open seasame, beastie bloomz, cha Ching. I started feeding around week 1-2 of flower before that they only got calmag in their water, I started about 1/4 strength then bumped up to half strength around week 4 and only 2-3 ml of calmag per gallon, they started to swell about week ago and still drink 2 gallons of water every 4 days give or take, they are in 5gal fabric pots, I ran these same strains last grow with almost no problems With almost identical schedule
Yeah probably a nutrient imbalance or lockout. Maybe flush and back to basics. Im a bit high so can't remember which of the fox farms usually creates issues but I think the tiger bloom. IMO to many bloom products. Ratios prob way to high in P and K

Top Bottom