Cant figure out what’s wrong with these plants

• Thread starter SeedtoSpliff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SeedtoSpliff

They are in fox farm ocean potting mix have been ph my water to 6.3 to 6.8 I gave nutes super diluted 7 days ago saw slight discolouration in one and ran clean ph water through 3 days later they don’t seem healthy my run off per plant is roughly 4.1 to 4.3 I tried running off till water came out same as I put in but my run off stays ph 4.1 to 4.3
Cant figure out whats wrong with these plants
Cant figure out whats wrong with these plants 2
Cant figure out whats wrong with these plants 3
Cant figure out whats wrong with these plants 4

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Stop giving them nutes. FFOF shouldnt be fed anything but water for several weeks to a month. Also stop testing runoff ph. You honestly dont need to test much of anything at this stage besides your starting water ppm which you want around 200 or less. About 150ppm being ideal.

S

SeedtoSpliff

I only gave nutes once and next day noticed slight discolouration on one plants leaves so I have just been giving ph water but I need to get ppm meter. Thank you

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What's the temperature at the tops of the plants? The leaves look hot/dry

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

While it doesn't look like your soil is to wet I would still be careful about how often you are watering and how much you are giving it with each watering. Nutrient dense soils do seem to stay more balanced and problem free when allowed to dry out. I personally want the plants to be just before the point of wilting when I water. If the soil is too saturated it becomes depleted of oxygen and good amounts of oxygen are integral for good root development, especially when plants are young and still developing their basic root structure. If the roots of your plants are not healthy the leaves will not look either either.

S

SeedtoSpliff

While it doesn't look like your soil is to wet I would still be careful about how often you are watering and how much you are giving it with each watering. Nutrient dense soils do seem to stay more balanced and problem free when allowed to dry out. I personally want the plants to be just before the point of wilting when I water. If the soil is too saturated it becomes depleted of oxygen and good amounts of oxygen are integral for good root development, especially when plants are young and still developing their basic root structure. If the roots of your plants are not healthy the leaves will not look either either.
I water around every 3 days

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, that may still be too often. Judge by the weight of your pot. Pick it up an hour or so after watering. Then pick it up each day and feel the weight; the day you pick up the pot and it is far too easy to move is the day you water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom