Can't figure out why! leafs curling in flower

• Thread starter Musicianized
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Musicianized

Musicianized

I'm 8 days into flower and the top leaves on a few of my plants are taco'ing under and curling down. Especially the new leaves that havent matured yet..

My soil PH is 6.5
I only water when the pots get real light
I feed Maxi Bloom every 3rd watering 1tsp per gallon
Feed water is PH'd to 6.4-6.5

I've only been using the Maxi-Bloom for a couple weeks now so I doubt there would be any salt buildups but I did flush them yesterday.

They are not really showing any other signs of something wrong, although the new growth on a couple of them is kind of a lighter green but as the leaves mature they go dark so I figure it's normal.

This actually seemed to start when I switched to the HPS.. But I'm 14"-15" over the tops and temps are steady at 79'..

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Most soils need no added fertilizer for months. Factors like distance from lighting, temperature, humidity, and strain type are important in determining a correct diagnosis in your case.

K

kumbianchaºseed

en realidad puede ser todos los cambios, mira tener el foco a 14 ' es muy cerca asi controles con ventilación el indoor en general puede estar a 79 pero pero en las puntas se van a cocinar las plantas, eso sumado al abono que tiene en las hojas se cocina con el calor!!,

F

Felo Gardener

leaf claw

still sounds like a lack of oxygen in the root zone. also disagree with the comment "most soils dont need any fert for months"...depends alot on what soil you use as they all have a little different make up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm 8 days into flower and the top leaves on a few of my plants are taco'ing under and curling down. Especially the new leaves that havent matured yet..

My soil PH is 6.5
I only water when the pots get real light
I feed Maxi Bloom every 3rd watering 1tsp per gallon
Feed water is PH'd to 6.4-6.5

I've only been using the Maxi-Bloom for a couple weeks now so I doubt there would be any salt buildups but I did flush them yesterday.

They are not really showing any other signs of something wrong, although the new growth on a couple of them is kind of a lighter green but as the leaves mature they go dark so I figure it's normal.

This actually seemed to start when I switched to the HPS.. But I'm 14"-15" over the tops and temps are steady at 79'..
What wattage is that HPS? If it's even a 600, that can be too close if they're just being introduced to HID light. What are the ambient temperatures and what's the relative humidity? How about some photos?

My first thoughts have to do with VPD (vapor pressure deficit).

O

Organicyumyum

a 600 watter should be at least 18" away from the top of the plants. a 1000 watter should be at least 24" away. other than that, id have to see pics to understand what's going on

half baked

half baked

sounds like over N and maybe overwatering, i sort of get that if i ever pot a plant up and it still has wet soil, and yh if your using soil you wont need nutes for time bro, the plant will let you know when it does

hb

Top Bottom