Can't Figure This Out!

• Thread starter Timmyahcomeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

Don't know what this is. I can't find any bugs have skicky pads down everywhere but keep getting this on a couple leaves here and there
Cant figure this out
Cant figure this out 2

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I can't be sure but maybe Thrips. It look like some of those mark are raised and I've never seen Thrips do that.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

pets?
fans?

2nd pic does look like it could be bug damage.
I think thrips like the blue skicky traps. You have any of those up?

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

I have 2 fans going over the plants, and yes I have dogs

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Dogs and cats will sometimes nibble at leaves
Fans blowing to hard or direct on plants can/will cause damage as well
That's what I think I'm seeing in that first pic.

Did you scope the leaf in the second pic?
At least check it out with a loupe or magnifying glass
It looks like it could be two completely different issues

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

I'm hoping the fans the problem had them both on hi gonna put em on med

Timmyahcomeon

Timmyahcomeon

Thanks for tagging along Sea. I've looked at the leaves under my scope and can't find any bugs this is really tripin me out

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, see?! They look perfectly fine otherwise.
Thanks for tagging along Sea. I've looked at the leaves under my scope and can't find any bugs this is really tripin me out
I've never been able to scope a bug, but I've only ever scoped up to something like 250x magnification. It seems too random to be a deficiency or toxicity, either. And usually the plants are quite healthy otherwise. I get this indoors mostly, almost never outdoors, so I figure there's something to it. I finally got the fuckits about the issue. I figured if it's not impacting my yield or quality, fuckit. But that doesn't mean I don't still REALLY wanna know WTF is causing it!

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

@Seamaiden , LOL, I got a bad case of "fuckits":)

@Timmyahcomeon138 Almost wondering if that leaf damage on the second pic is from rubbing against that foil/walls. Maybe that leaf got folded or bent in half? It looks like that leaf is right next to wall. Sometimes damage the leaves get when "soft" looks strange or different after the leaf has fully grown or matured. The group shot everything look nice and healthy.

matamus

matamus

Looking at the overall health of your plants I'd say you have nothing to worry about and second rubthe nub probably just rubbing against the wall or another plant. I don't see the markings thrips would leave such as this, picture was taken from google.
Thrip Damage2

AnitaBonghitt

AnitaBonghitt

My veg. plants have the exact same issue. It doesn't seem to be a problem, But when they go into flower, seems to clear up.

cephalopod

cephalopod

pets?
fans?

2nd pic does look like it could be bug damage.
I think thrips like the blue skicky traps. You have any of those up?

I'm with you on the fan damage, especially on the blade behind the thumb. When I run out of space and my fans get crowded I see this. In the second pic, I think I have had something like this happen when, leaves are crowded over top each other and transpiring enough to dampen the leaves beneath. I have been in doing work and come across this in the canopy and I don't now if it would be from light damage or other?

HiPlainDrftr

HiPlainDrftr

You using a sulfur burner, or sulfur spray? Maybe, oil based foliar of some sort? I've seen a combo of heavy sulfur burning/spray and oil based foliars burn out the leaves from the inside out, similar to your pics. Maybe you are just seeing a very light version of it?

Top Bottom