Can't Get Fox Farm Down Under ......

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grayarea

grayarea

Well alas I was denied the Okey dokey to bring in Fox farm in to grow in stupid red tape so I've done a little homework and have come up with a pretty good combo I'd really love to try the FF but hey I'll give this stuff a go .

the 4 months of food is probably not good. id start with a bale of peat moss then just reverse buy 75% of the fox farm ingredients.

straincreation

straincreation

Thanks for saying it for me! My own preferred is Gardener & Bloom Blue Ribbon potting soil. Best I've found and easily half the price of FF.
sea do you have any pics of this soil, and or some pics of plants run in this, I'm in so cal what location do you aquire this blue ribbon you speak of? Thanks
Happy farmin

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh man, I was buying it from my local garden center up north. Now we're in the Mojave and I haven't found any garden centers, nor am I running anything in soil that I can't bring in the house or the catio. I'll have to do some searching for you, but in the meantime here's a link so you know what to look for.

Also, OMRI listed with restrictions.

surfguitar

surfguitar

If you can find peat moss or coco at your local hardware store you are set! equal parts peat/compost/aeration(perlite/lavarocks/pumice), a bit of oyster shell flour from feed store for PH and whatever amendments of your choosing(I use kelp meal, crab meal, neem meal and rock dust). You have so much more control over your mix doing it this way, those bags are so hit or miss.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well I don't want perlite vacmiculite can't get rid of it in my closed system so I added a blue metal road base cracker dust I but 4 rotted clones and watered in well they didn't even worry the mic is great for this application and at $10 a bag it's not to bad on price .

straincreation

straincreation

Oh man, I was buying it from my local garden center up north. Now we're in the Mojave and I haven't found any garden centers, nor am I running anything in soil that I can't bring in the house or the catio. I'll have to do some searching for you, but in the meantime here's a link so you know what to look for.

Also, OMRI listed with restrictions.
Awesome it's Kellogg so I'm sure I can order it at my garden center, thanks sea much appreciated

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not that it's helpful to this thread but I have had no issues with Ocean Forest and I have used it from seed/clone to harvest for almost 2 years. Just needs added perlite in my room.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And I am sorry to agree that the 4 month feed soil is going to be unpredictable and maybe too hot with no way to wash out the nutes.

Just need a regular 1-4 week amended potting mix with good drainage and a slightly acidic ph. No long term slow release fertilizer added.

But I have seen gardeners make all kinds of stuff work :-)

hdwjunior

hdwjunior

IMG 20170220 114247
IMG 20170131 104959
IMG 20170220 114215
All my moms straight Happy Frog after two weeks I start with a tea to get micobes started real good 2x for one week then I go water , cal-mag , molasses, added my amendments in soil from get thats why straight water maybe a lil molasses do not feed tea for at least 2 wks plants will burn (overfeeding).

IMG 20170215 124117 3
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
And I am sorry to agree that the 4 month feed soil is going to be unpredictable and maybe too hot with no way to wash out the nutes.

Just need a regular 1-4 week amended potting mix with good drainage and a slightly acidic ph. No long term slow release fertilizer added.

But I have seen gardeners make all kinds of stuff work :)
I havnt seen any problem with the bags I bought I did give it a good flush before I set up the plants and keeping the nutes down to 250 ppm seems to be good level I'm happy with the roots and the progress so far .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I havnt seen any problem with the bags I bought I did give it a good flush before I set up the plants and keeping the nutes down to 250 ppm seems to be good level I'm happy with the roots and the progress so far .

Looks great. The problem usually surfaces about half way through flowering when they are drinking a lot. When the slow release nutes are still available and they keep getting activated by watering and the plant doesn't need so much.

But that plant looks fantastic. Good luck. I was just sharing a caution I have seen and read.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looks great. The problem usually surfaces about half way through flowering when they are drinking a lot. When the slow release nutes are still available and they keep getting activated by watering and the plant doesn't need so much.

But that plant looks fantastic. Good luck. I was just sharing a caution I have seen and read.
Oh yes I totally understand and cheers for the heads up I'll keep a good check on it . These bags have the lower end of the slow realease compared to the top end I just got these cause it's has cal and MAG in them so I can use little on no nutes .

Top Bottom