Can't Get The Temperature Right :(

• Thread starter Bullseyebull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bullseyebull

I can never get the temp right due to uk weather. Is there anything I can buy that you can set to a temp that keeps the tent sound?

xavier7995

xavier7995

You could use something like a greenhouse controller that kicks on the vents when a certain temp gets reached. I would assume you could also set it to turn on a heater if temps drop. Just speculating, could be a pricey thing to set up...maybe check some diy forums if your handy.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Blueprint dbac2 or autopilot master greenhouse controller

I've used them both, and currently use the autopilot master greenhouse controller. Absolutely love it. Both have a 14amp max capabilities.

B

Bullseyebull

Thanks all for your help. Those controllers are a little bit more money than I'd like to spend right now !! I was hoping there was an air con tower or something that reacts to temperature change...
At the moment I have a couple of oil rads, one inside the tent and the other outside the tent in the loft. Both on timers but I just can't get it the temps right as the loft temps fluctuate with the weather :( I think I might have to insulate it properly as jsv1027 mentioned. The things we have to do!

xavier7995

xavier7995

They do make those. I have a space heater that kicks on at a certain temp (not for growing, my place is drafty)...I would assume there is a smaller option than a mini split that could do the same on the cooling side. The heater was 75 to 100 bucks.

B

Bullseyebull

Are space heaters safe in a small grow tent?
My tent is set up to minimise the fire risk as much as possible e.g. LED lights and oil rads.
I worry about shit like that. So much that I have cctv set up (through an app and two mobile phones) just in case. Better safe than sorry!

iKharon

iKharon

Are space heaters safe in a small grow tent?
My tent is set up to minimise the fire risk as much as possible e.g. LED lights and oil rads.
I worry about shit like that. So much that I have cctv set up (through an app and two mobile phones) just in case. Better safe than sorry!
You have to be very careful, because in the tent, it will get real hot, real fast. I have a mini fan that blows cold or heat, if I'm at 63 degrees (F) and wanna bring it up to 73, I can run my little heater fan for like 3-5 min to gain that 10 degrees in a 4x4 tent. The key will be controlling your ambient environment.. get a little heater outside of the tent, make sure your well insulated, get temp and rh right outside the tent, then inside will be hospitable to them

Latest posts

Top Bottom