Can't Identify If Pm Or Not?

• Thread starter Daylight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daylight

Daylight

some PM images on google look like mine but mine aren't fuzzy. some store "experts" aren't sure. all seeds. 3 app of Bi-Carb Monterey no stop. 3 apps of Crop Control Trifecta, no help. gave up on 2 North Lights Sensi and testing with them. 2 apps 99.99% isopropyl at 10% iso to 90% water, no help. all kinds of pigeons and other birds flying overhead. no rain in 5 months. really no dew in 2 months. never sprayed plants with water or anything until the white spots showed up. most all bushes, trees, veg, fruit and all marijuana have these white spots. oh rats! any ideas?

Carrot
Cant identify if pm or not 2
Cant identify if pm or not 3
Cant identify if pm or not 4
Cant identify if pm or not 5
Melon2
Daylight

Daylight

Looks like nutrient spillage during feeding. I get that’s not your case but I have had similar sights when I have spill some feed on leaves and it dries up
7 feet tall leaves have the white on tops too, along with all levels of the plants. i've never sprayed the plants before. the liquid fertilizer could have been splashed a few places but not thousands (the white is also on some "i have no idea what bushes they are all over the yard". all i have left is chem trails misting down. thanks for you input!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It looks like pm, sulfur spray the garden. Also let the soil dry a bit, looks wet and humid. After spray, 3-5 days later foliar wash the entire area and repeat the spray. Takes take some work but a few sprays will stop it in its tracks. And then you will have to watch the watering cycle. Too wet or damp area will keep this issue conjng’! ! Been there myself. Dahlia plants are notorious carriers, get them away from the site if u have any, and keep em dry

This is what I used
https://www.arbico-organics.com/product/sulfur-plant-fungicide/natural-organic-plant-disease-control

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Also during this cycle hit em with cal mag and cut all other nutes to let them
Heal, wait like a week before starting back on normal feeding schedule.
If u have silica, add this along with cal mag. Helps rebuild plant fibers due to the damage pm usually does.

Daylight

Daylight

It looks like pm, sulfur sprayl
hi jack, thanks for the detailed info! a good nursery but non marijuana store sold me your sulfur link last week but haven't used it yet. searching last week lots of sites said never use sulfur or copper based products so i stopped. then went to see an old pot farmer of a friend a local guy who grows for years, Zone 8, he told me to spray with homogenized milk 50 to 50 water. i used Dollar General milk before sun came out of cloud cover about 11:30am but about 80F. sun came out through a haze at 12PM for the rest of the day and 85F. (at night investigating the net i saw milk sites you must spray milk only when sun is out otherwise a diff kind of fungus could start). next morn the two terrible plants looked 80% white gone. i then purchased costco homogenized milk and sprayed 48 hours later in the morning, full sun all day, about 88F. we are having no dew in the morning for over a month, it's hot. to my surprise, the day after the costco milk 40% to water 60%, the white seems to come back but it sure doesn't look like PM. there's little info on using milk and is this milk residue? is it the Bi-Carb, CropControl, Isopropy, PM congealed residue or just milk residue? is there anything i can rinse this white off with? do you know the proper milk spraying schedule and ratio? i've given up on these 2 plants Northern Lights from Sensi. they're in 30 gallon pots and i not going to drag them to be under the greenhouse plastic come flowering time and infect the other good plants. i'm testing things out and sulfur was going to be my last option. (image - the ENTIRE 2 plants look like this, not just one little section)

Milk3
xeamonk

xeamonk

I dont think its PM either, I get this white discharge looking type stuff just like your pics on my outdoor plants. I havent figured out what bug is doing it

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
That looks like congealed milk residue. But I could be wrong. But the obvious thing would be what you sprayed last. And milk it looks like.
As far as sulphor, dunno who said not to use it. But we use it , a lot. This not only works as a stop gap / prevention but as a extreme effort to stop pm in its path. If that’s what you have.
Yes don’t use it when in flower. But I’ve used it 2 weeks into flower.
Milk works but issue with milk is that if you are in a humid environment it lends to develop more issues then help. Also you will need to wash that off in a few days.
I’ve used milk and it works but only after I’ve fixed the underlying problem of airflow and humidity.
Outdoors you are at the mercy of the environment and experience will tell you what strains do better there.
Few things you can do is spacing, shade, sun, all about placement. And defoliate if a bushy variety is grown. All about limiting the moisture.
But sulphor being a broad spectrum fungicide, works to kill spores of many different types of fungi, which according to you was everywhere.
Hope your milk trick works but if all else fails, sulphor will work.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Again, that’s not PM. PM can be easily wiped off of leaves with your finger. If it doesn’t just wipe off, it’s not PM.

Last edited:
xeamonk

xeamonk

"no rain in 5 months. really no dew in 2 months. never sprayed plants with water or anything until the white spots showed up."

whats your humidity like most of the time? It doesnt seem like you have the conditions for PM

xeamonk

xeamonk

now mine definitely got the same shit again, no way its PM. more like insect effluent.

something is definitely eating on my dime here though, you can actually see one if you look close. super funky looking purple tree hopper or miner or something

IMG 20180829 183548
IMG 20180829 183656
IMG 20180829 183711
IMG 20180829 183728
IMG 20180829 183746
xeamonk

xeamonk

Well, shit! Now what?

Speaking of shit, thats what theyre growing in. There were horse manure piles right there for years but they got leveled off. I mixed in enough perlite and a 5 lb bag of worm castings between them in holes and set them up like that. All ive done so far is take the bottom third to lollipop like I do indoors and I watered them today because Its been dry. Not like last week, its been raining forever. Im in the northeast and its a bitch.

xeamonk

xeamonk

so what makes you say, grasshoppers? would that be the massive chunks taken out of the leaves or what?

Latest posts

Top Bottom