Can't lower soil pH even with flush?

• Thread starter 420ReBeLGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Hey Guys,

I have been learning how to LST on this plant and I've been getting better at my watering and so forth. I have a plant that is about 30 days into flower and I've been feeding her better and now want to flush her out before starting the feeding again. I used RO water at 25ppm and Ph'd to 6.0 for the flush. Flushed a 3 gallon pot with around 1.5 gal of water.

Collected run off water and measured . . 500 ppm / 6.8 pH? Why can I not get this PPM to go lower or the pH to drop? I would have though the flush with 6.0 pH would help drop the soil pH to 6.6 or so? Should I be doing something else? The plants are looking good (I had a N def for a bit, but resolved that and after all the leaves that turned yellow fell off, I haven't had any other problems) and I want to keep them that way haha.

BigCube

BigCube

What soil are you in?

Most fortified soils have nutrients in them and ph adjusters.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pics would help but I think this is a case where you need to let the plants do the talking. If they are doing fine dont mess with them because your likely to do more harm than good.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

What soil are you in?

Most fortified soils have nutrients in them and ph adjusters.

And that may be my problem. I have Miracle Grow with Perlite and some worm castings and such. I know, MG is horrible, but it was left over from my previous grow and figured I'd use it up.

Pics would help but I think this is a case where you need to let the plants do the talking. If they are doing fine dont mess with them because your likely to do more harm than good.

She has some tip burn and she had a N def for a little at the beginning but now is doing fine. I was told it was a good idea to flush her with pH'd water after a few feedings to help flush out the old nutes before continuing the feeding. I'll try to post up a pic or two tonight/tomorrow.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

1) You acidify your water to lower pH. At 25ppm that's a very low amount of acidification required,it's not going to affect your soil much.

2)When you measure runoff, youre measuring what's being removed from the soil. Measuring runoff really doesn't mean much on its own. You're going to have to break down and buy a soil pH probe. Sorry I can't recommend one as I've used half of the ones on the market and they all have their annoying little quirks.

Someone needs to write a new Cannabis grow book, I see these weird trends coming out of the grow forums, measuring runoff of organic soil being a prominent one. You shouldn't ever "flush" organic soil. The only "flush" should be making sure your new growth is medium green and dull instead of dark green and glossy at harvest.

Top Bottom