Can't pinpoint the problem with untrained eyes , help

• Thread starter Haydar1984
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Hello THC farmers, I started those ones about a month ago from seeds, feminised sour diesel, Auto white haze and auto cookies, 2 are doing very well, one stopped growing and showing these light marks on leaves.

Substrate is a mixture of guano fertilized premium potting soil, coco coir, vermicompost and perlite.

watering only RO water. Lighting is one MH 400w, one Halogen 400w and a 50W UVA lamp.

Everything seems fine with two, all variables the same, just the white haze auto is not well, thought it might be overwatered so stopped wateribg for one week with no difference.

What could be the problem please
Cant pinpoint the problem with untrained eyes  help
Cant pinpoint the problem with untrained eyes  help 2
Cant pinpoint the problem with untrained eyes  help 3

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

See how the edges of your leaves are turning up, Some are rolling. These leaves are trying to shade themselves.
She is suffering from light stress. You need to back the light off some.

Some lights just seem to have hot spots in there foot print. This could also be the case.
Ether way You need to back the light off 24 inches to 30 inches above the plant tops.

Stokes

Stokes

You quit watering that plant a week ago and the soil didnt dry out?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I just went back and re read your original post. One problem that I missed is that halogen lights don't work well as grow lights. I don't have an answer to why I just remember reading something a few years back on Halogen bulbs not making good grow lights. The colour of the light is all wrong and they run hot.

I'd dump the UV lamp and the Holigen. Just run the Metal Halide between 24 and 30 inches and see if the problem goes away.

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

See how the edges of your leaves are turning up, Some are rolling. These leaves are trying to shade themselves.
She is suffering from light stress. You need to back the light off some.

Some lights just seem to have hot spots in there foot print. This could also be the case.
Ether way You need to back the light off 24 inches to 30 inches above the plant tops.
Thanks for taking the time to help out , it's already too far from the light (around 3 feet) from the MH light , further away from other lights so they'd have less effect on it , besides 2 other plants are thriving side by side 🤷🏼 this thing is confusing me , can't pinpoint any difference in variables that could cause this.

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

You quit watering that plant a week ago and the soil didnt dry out?
I watered them one day before posting cause the top 2 inches were dry and I noticed other plants are not growing as fast as they had , so figured out it should not be over watering problem

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

I just went back and re read your original post. One problem that I missed is that halogen lights don't work well as grow lights. I don't have an answer to why I just remember reading something a few years back on Halogen bulbs not making good grow lights. The colour of the light is all wrong and they run hot.

I'd dump the UV lamp and the Holigen. Just run the Metal Halide between 24 and 30 inches and see if the problem goes away.
Will try that out , thanks 🙏

Top Bottom