Solved cant post pics properly ....

• Thread starter TheTommyK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I have a new 'puter with windows 8 on it, and when I try to post pics on here now, they always post landscape .... even if they were saved portrait!!! anyone else have this prob? I am fairly computer literate ... so I assume there is a setting somewhere that I need to "flick".....

any suggestions?

Cheers,
tommy

DSC 0189

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Hey tommy im not sure why this is happening...i do know that it does this if you post pics directly from the iphone/ipad but that will be fixed in our next upgrade

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Logic,
here is my failing process .... so you can try to debug it:
pic taken from android phone
bluetoothed to computer
pic uploaded to forum ... always portrait (windows 8)

previous successfully process:
pic from android phone
usb-ied to computer (windows vista)
pic uploaded ... as taken

please let me know if I can provide further assistance I am bursting to be able to upload stuff .....

BTW .... very grateful for the forum

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Tommy, what if you just upload directly from your Android? It's what I've been doing and it's working for me.

And, if you're computer literate WHY Windows 8? :p

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well then... get to partitioning! Or... wipe the drive entirely? With my Android devices that's what I've done, no more need for Winders at all. I no longer recognize it.

That does chap my ass, btw. Buying a machine and you have to take the OS they give you? Fuck that shit. Although I will take a brief moment to bitch about GIMP 2.8, which no longer allows you to choose which format to save in, it's always .xcf and if you want png, jpg or anything other than .xcf, you've gotta export. It's grieving me.

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Share the picture in your iCloud then upload it from there. This will also fix the problem on Ipad and IPhone as well. I had windows 8 for about 6 months before I gave up on it and went back to 7. I'd suggest you do the same.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

while Im sure getting it from cloud works ........ that's uploading a pic to "big brother"
not a fan of the cloud concept for that reason. I believe the Illuminati exists ..... in concept at least

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
What would the Illuminati want with you or your pics? I would think if there was such an organization and they were interested in you they could access this server in about .3 seconds. I'm one who doesn't care about big brother as I am not looking to harm this country. Think of all the evil that's out there in this world for a minute and ask yourself why would they focus their efforts on someone growing a few herb plants? Good luck with your pics.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Hate to say it but respect is right about W8,I was just at my tech guys shop ordering 3 new computers for my wifes biz and they all are loaded with W7 on his advice.He said fixes were coming for W8 in april i think but he wouldnt reccomend it for 12-18 months after that!

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

so general consensus is that it is W8, and not much I can do .?????

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sure there is! Wipe the drive, partition or simply install Linux. When I made the move to Linux I did a dual-boot with a shared drive accessible to both Windows and Linux. Worked GREAT for many, many years, til the machine itself took a shit.

Top Bottom