Can't Solve This Drooping Issue.

• Thread starter MisterDoctor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MisterDoctor

Hey everyone, this one was planted from seed about 40 days ago, I just flipped to the 12/12 light schedule 11 days ago and this one has begun drooping severely over the past 5 days. To knock out a couple initial thoughts...It's not underwatering or overwatering, I water to about a 10-15% runoff every 4 or 5 days. My only thought is heat stress maybe from the distance from the light but I have two other plants that are closer and aren't exhibiting these symptoms. Any ideas?
I'll attach a picture I took a few hours ago today and even since then the drooping has worsened.
second picture was taken 5 days ago after lollipopping and placing new pipecleaners for LST. This will be to show how far the light is from the plants and the setup and all.

Bad droop   copyjpg
All 3 post lollipop   copyjpg
Last edited:
M

MisterDoctor

@Harp also if its a proximity issue with the light why arent the other two plants reacting this way, which are arguably closer to the light?

Harp

Harp

Unfortunately this grow is limited to a small cabinet approx. 30inch tall, hence when there is so much LST

I've had a similar issue. Where some are droopy others were not. I just raised my lights n problem solved.
Your plants look vibrant, it's unlikely it's deficient but possible.

M

MisterDoctor

I have 3 muffin fans (1) 120mm on the left (2) 80mm on the right and then a 4 inch can fan on top. All are exhaust fans, since its a cabinet with gaps in the door it sucks in plenty of air through there, I purchased a couple fans to put inside and hopefully move the air around a bit more. Hopefully that will make some difference, for reference my cabinet is roughly 75-77 degrees with lights on with 35%-40% rH but at night its around 69-71 with about 50% rH

Polar510

Polar510

The penetration on LEDs even though the watts being pulled are usually low, the light waves penetrate differently then t5 or other lights. They need more distance... Contact the folks who make the light and see what they recommend? Even My 215 watt Black dog needed 17" inches from canopy, I use t5 now for Veg myself.
Here's what I think happened:
You lollipopped and trained the same day then put them under a light not really appropriate for that space.
You also might have a slight ph issue that is increasing stress as well.
Double check Your ph meters they should be calibrated often.

Harp

Harp

The penetration on LEDs even though the watts being pulled are usually low, the light waves penetrate differently then t5 or other lights. They need more distance... Contact the folks who make the light and see what they recommend? Even My 215 watt Black dog needed 17" inches from canopy, I use t5 now for Veg myself.
Here's what I think happened:
You lollipopped and trained the same day then put them under a light not really appropriate for that space.
You also might have a slight ph issue that is increasing stress as well.
Double check Your ph meters they should be calibrated often.
I agree!

dan1989

dan1989

My guess is just stress too. Possibly a ph issue maybe? From the looks of it, either over watering or stress... But yeah that may be too much light for them that close.

So do you think it's stress, a ph issue, over watering or too much light?

Stoeger

Stoeger

I think it is a combo of all those, put some T5's above them, get a small oscillating fan in there, double check your PH going in and out. After you let the soil dry out.

dan1989

dan1989

I would change one thing at a time because how are you gonna know which one does the trick? If things get worse, how you gonna know what's making it worse?

M

MisterDoctor

@dan1989 @Stoeger I added 2 small fans inside to blow over the canopy and it seems to be helping. Already looking a lot better after a 24 hours from watering and all. Should hopefully see more results tomorrow during lights on. Thanks for the help everyone.

M

MisterDoctor

You answered Your own question in Your 1st post( lights to close). For Your limited space the led was not the best choice. You should of just bought a t5.
Goodluck peace

So in your opinion do you think it would be best for me to swap out my viparspectra for a small t5 fixture that would fit? Considering I still have 7+ weeks of flowering to do.

Top Bottom