CAP GEN-1 Issues

• Thread starter OregonMedical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OregonMedical

Greetings,

I have a CAP GEN-1 CO2 generator hooked up to my Sentinel CHHC-1 and the CAP GEN-1 continues to give me issues. When plugged in, the electric start will start the flame and then it will go out with in a minute, seconds, or occasionally last a couple minutes. It's winter time so I'm able to use the burner but I'm afraid to leave an inconsistent gas burning machine running while I"m gone. I've followed the troubleshooting instructions on the sheet and I'm not able to figure out the issue. I've attempted to cycle the unit over 20 times, so I don't believe there is air in the line. The sensor seems lined up correctly. Anyone else have any ideas or have any issues with these units?

I appreciate the feedback!

M

MTgrower

I've had issues with a number of CAP products and ended up switching to Sentinel products and Hydro Innovations water cooled burners. With the "ice cap" installed, the gas comes out of the unit at 79* F (using well water on a run to waste setup).

I would follow the advice of Green Punk, or just return for another or better piece of equipment. Good luck!

ttystikk

ttystikk

From the way you've described your problem, I'd say your Sentinel unit thinks its running a CO2 tank.

The Sentinel CHHC-1 might be the problem; I have a Sentinel CHHC-4 and the 'fuzzy logic' system needs to be set up to handle tank vs. burner style CO2 enrichment. Once you tell it what you're running, it works great!

Check your owner's manual. If your CHHC-1 has no instructions about how to tell it that it's controlling a burner vs. a tank, then I'd get a tank setup- or a CHHC-4.

M

MTgrower

From the way you've described your problem, I'd say your Sentinel unit thinks its running a CO2 tank.

The Sentinel CHHC-1 might be the problem; I have a Sentinel CHHC-4 and the 'fuzzy logic' system needs to be set up to handle tank vs. burner style CO2 enrichment. Once you tell it what you're running, it works great!

Check your owner's manual. If your CHHC-1 has no instructions about how to tell it that it's controlling a burner vs. a tank, then I'd get a tank setup- or a CHHC-4.

I thought the factory settings were set for a burner, not "fuzzy logic". Mine were anyhow. Anyone want to confirm?

Never hurts to check though.

S

seebobsled

I have the Sentinel CHHC-1 and it has an indicator light that tells it's in fuzzy logic mode. To change hold enter/reset button for 5 seconds. Happy growing!

:hi

OGONLY

OGONLY

I have a CAP Gen 1 and have never had issues. The Gen 1 doesn't have an electronic ignition so you have me confused there. With mine, I have to hold that red button on the side down for 20 or 30 seconds before the pilot will light. I use a barbeq lighter to light mine.

If the pilot goes out a sensor cuts gas to the pilot and the burner so you don't have to worry about unburned gas accumulating in your grow room.

I would say make sure your gas line is well purged of air. That has been a problem for me once before.

Top Bottom