Cappies partially stolen seed germ method.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have been using this method and it works very well.

1) Soak a cotton pad with a solution of (20%) 3% H2o2 and (80%) tap water. Don't wring it out or squeeze any water from it. Put the seeds in there. Let soak until the crack. This is the party I stole from another member on here. I do not remember who. If you are reading this and this sounds like your idea, feel free to take credit.

2)Put in pre soaked rockwool cube.

-----Soak rockwool for 24 hours at pH 5.5. 1 tsp/gal bleach, 1 Tablespoon per gallon clonex.

3) Then place the seed in the rockwool, break off a small chunk from the corner of the cube, just enough to lightly cover the hole.

4) Place the cube in a small styrofoam cup the kind they use for water dispensers... it's the small small one. When you need to water the cube, pour a tiny amount of water down the side of the cup so that the cup fills about 1/8" with water. The cube will suck up the water and you can pour out any excess that doesn't get soaked up, or add more if it sucked up everything. Until it's saturated.

Usually I water every day this way because the cubes can dry up fast. I keep them under a double t-5 and when they pop I let them get their tap root to the bottom of the cube, and from there it will start to branch out (new auxiliary roots from the main tap root. Now you can transplant to a 4" cube or coco that has been pre soaked/conditioned. Place cube, and do not water until almost dry with very light nutes. Once seedling is up with 3 nodes or more, you can be less gentle with it as it will be past the stage of being able to die from damping off. The hardest part of seeds is not watering them too much.

I'll throw some pics up too to detail this better, but I get 100% germ this way and no damping off anymore.

Last edited:
L

larebowm

Thanks again for og biowar all of my weird deficiencies have vanished. It's a great product.

HG23

HG23

Cap how are you preconditioning your coco these days? Would you do it differently if you were prepping coco beds for planting?

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

Thanks for the insight CAP , I have a bunch of beans to pop but have been less than successful with the damping off happening regularly my last attempt

Do you ever use any of the beanies in your pre soaks ?

Cheers !

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks for the insight CAP , I have a bunch of beans to pop but have been less than successful with the damping off happening regularly my last attempt

Do you ever use any of the beanies in your pre soaks ?

Cheers !

I wait until they are rooted myself but you may use the root pack as a pre soak, or dust the seeds when you plant them.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cap how are you preconditioning your coco these days? Would you do it differently if you were prepping coco beds for planting?

I have been using nutrifield coco. I just plant them and water to runoff until what is going in is the same as what is coming out.. I don't precondition anymore.

winta

winta

Thanx for sharing Cap! imma try this cuz i've been having trouble popping my old beans

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

I have been using nutrifield coco. I just plant them and water to runoff until what is going in is the same as what is coming out.. I don't precondition anymore.

any particular reason for this brand over others? Just curious cuz had a weird issue with a batch of gold label coco and switch to canna but trying to understand the difference between them if any.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
any particular reason for this brand over others? Just curious cuz had a weird issue with a batch of gold label coco and switch to canna but trying to understand the difference between them if any.

It's pre flushed supposedly.

The worst coco I have used was House and Garden. I have not used canna.

I use the nutrifield 70/30 it saves me time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom