Caps beneficials for aphids?

• Thread starter DrBelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrBelly

Hello all, I work for a commercial medical grow in CO and we have been having a persistent aphid problem for the past few months that we can't seem to knock out with azadirachtin or pyrethrum products (we want to keep it organic and that is about as strong as we want to go, pesticide-wise). Anyway, I have stumbled across testimonials regarding Caps bennies and was wondering what the best way to attack the problem using those products would be? We are pretty sure they are coming from the roots since drenches of the above products seem to drive them up the stalk and then they start reproducing on leaves, petioles, and buds. It's not severe but we have had to throw out otherwise great bud due to infestations.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

It's gonna be tough even with caps bennies in a commercial setting to rid aphids. They are one of the hardest pests to rid in a garden and do a lot of damage. Id start by making a vortex brewer if you don't already have one and grabbing some quality compost and EWC, kelp, molasses and add the root and foliar pack to the brew. Brew for 24 hrs, dilute and crown feed every week. It won't knock out your problem overnight and will still be a huge challenge to overcome them once they're infested. Are you in coco or soil? I've heard of tons of people getting aphids thru certain brands of coco. Curious what medium your using.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Bro I just got a small out break. Imicloprid as long as u have some time to let it work out. Followed by spectricide followed by caps foliar. Everyone will tell you different but imicloprid is on almost all the food we eat and it works. If you want them gone imo it's the only way. If u want to continously battle the there are a hundred ways to do it. But if eradication is what u want imicloprid bro!

D

DrBelly

Thanks for the replies. Medium is Royal Gold Tupur but we are likely switching to straight coco in the near future.

We do know about imidacloprid and I have read about the levels found on almost all the produce you get at the supermarket. I'm still wary of it and anyway Colorado is formulating regs that will ban its use, along with pretty much any pesticide that doesn't have a tolerance exemption from the EPA, which pretty much leaves only organics on the table.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks for the replies. Medium is Royal Gold Tupur but we are likely switching to straight coco in the near future.

We do know about imidacloprid and I have read about the levels found on almost all the produce you get at the supermarket. I'm still wary of it and anyway Colorado is formulating regs that will ban its use, along with pretty much any pesticide that doesn't have a tolerance exemption from the EPA, which pretty much leaves only organics on the table.
I'm sorry to hear that bro. I've seen hot water dunks be effective but it doesn't wipe them out. Imicloprid is pretty much all there is except spectricide. Spectricide isn't systemic and does a great job as long as u make sure it contacts the bastards. Sns 203 seems to do OK. Also the safers soap as a dunk also seems to do some damage. But honestly bro u won't rid them unless u use a pesticide. Honestly. People don't like pesticides me being one of them but they will ravage ur life unless u change ur mind. Also flood ur soil with nematodes and hypoapsis miles. They will do a number on them as well. Good luck bro. I wish u well!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello all, I work for a commercial medical grow in CO and we have been having a persistent aphid problem for the past few months that we can't seem to knock out with azadirachtin or pyrethrum products (we want to keep it organic and that is about as strong as we want to go, pesticide-wise). Anyway, I have stumbled across testimonials regarding Caps bennies and was wondering what the best way to attack the problem using those products would be? We are pretty sure they are coming from the roots since drenches of the above products seem to drive them up the stalk and then they start reproducing on leaves, petioles, and buds. It's not severe but we have had to throw out otherwise great bud due to infestations.
First, you need to properly and accurately identify the pest you're trying to eradicate. If we're talking about root aphids, your solution may be as simple as heating the rooms. I'm trying to remember who's done this successfully but right now I'm drawing a complete and total blank. :o

Latest posts

Top Bottom