Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Just an fyi. Mr nice sells original NL x Haze and that plant was meant for breeding. Supposed to give a number of varied phenos leaning one way or the other.
Yeah. I may pick some up if I like the strain....Todd has also made rumblings about some stuff he got from Greg, the guy who gave Nevil Northern Lights origins....so I am keeping my eyes peeled on that too. I just really love the romance of older strains lol idk why but it's what strikes me right now....but I want the real stuff lol. I kind of wish I was running mns black widow but I already had the seeds by the time I discovered the whole background and nirvana has been damn legit so far and have a good reputation. I also know sometimes I can be too precious about that shit lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah. I may pick some up if I like the strain....Todd has also made rumblings about some stuff he got from Greg, the guy who gave Nevil Northern Lights origins....so I am keeping my eyes peeled on that too. I just really love the romance of older strains lol idk why but it's what strikes me right now....but I want the real stuff lol. I kind of wish I was running mns black widow but I already had the seeds by the time I discovered the whole background and nirvana has been damn legit so far and have a good reputation. I also know sometimes I can be too precious about that shit lol.

The strain i have not tried and really still want to is super silver haze.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The strain i have not tried and really still want to is super silver haze.
Yeahhh I have only had it as concentrate (crumble) and found it insanely clear as a high. But I agree, the real thing grown properly as flower sounds very enticing. I have read it's a bit of a pain to grow though...

(says the guy diving into a grow with mostly haze 😆)

beluga

beluga

I dunno about you, but it really gets my eyes rolling hearing all these whacky dessert strain names that are probably just belligerently bred plants bred with other belligerently bred plants and so on.
Really makes the landrace genetics super appealing... re: Ace seeds... can't wait to get my hands on some of those. They seem to stand out as a bright beacon as far as modern breeders go. Especially that glorious red Panama pheno.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeahhh I have only had it as concentrate (crumble) and found it insanely clear as a high. But I agree, the real thing grown properly as flower sounds very enticing. I have read it's a bit of a pain to grow though...

(says the guy diving into a grow with mostly haze 😆)

Yeah i have been growing diesel/ thai crosses for the last 5 years along with even older crosses made with sensei seeds sativas. That SSH is a stable growroom plant compared to these sensitive things.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dunno about you, but it really gets my eyes rolling hearing all these whacky dessert strain names that are probably just belligerently bred plants bred with other belligerently bred plants and so on.
Really makes the landrace genetics super appealing... re: Ace seeds... can't wait to get my hands on some of those. They seem to stand out as a bright beacon as far as modern breeders go. Especially that glorious red Panama pheno.

I have really been interested in ace but honestly in grow threads they look like hybrid growroom plants like any else.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I dunno about you, but it really gets my eyes rolling hearing all these whacky desert strain names that are probably just belligerently bred plants bred with other belligerently bred plants and so on.
Everyone has their own path and thankfully I don't have to worry if people really like stuff I don't like.

Don't super care for cookies.

It's cool! I love dosido, love several og kush offshoots, love diesel...people can have their own stuff.

But yes, I want differences in highs/functions on a personal level and that is not the focus of those breeding projects, so me and those projects don't super match up.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have really been interested in ace but honestly in grow threads they look like hybrid growroom plants like any else.
I have some golden tiger (F3 of (2xthai) x Malawi) waiting in the wings for the dad of this run if all goes well. I anticipate that will be different.

The plants I'm running now are gorgeous (to me) but they are hash plant structure for sure (Kali china and a cross with her).

beluga

beluga

That all makes sense.

And I don't necessarily doubt the legitimacy/performance/effect of cookie cupcake custard varieties. It just kinda feels washed down from any kind of genuine breeding practices, and it's really heartwarming to hear, '2nd gen strain found in x place x 1st gen strain found in x place'. Even just in terms of good record keeping.

Seems your skunk, kush, haze, widow, NL, blueberry, etc. aren't more than a stones throw (if that) from that kind of baseline selective breeding.

beluga

beluga

I guess that can send you down the rabbit hole of, 'what are "proper" breeding practices and have they ever been adhered to?'
I mean... we are generally consuming this psychotropic that can verily lead to a serious case of the fuckits.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That all makes sense.

And I don't necessarily doubt the legitimacy/performance/effect of cookie cupcake custard varieties. It just kinda feels washed down from any kind of genuine breeding practices, and it's really heartwarming to hear, '2nd gen strain found in x place x 1st gen strain found in x place'. Even just in terms of good record keeping.

Seems your skunk, kush, haze, widow, NL, blueberry, etc. aren't more than a stones throw (if that) from that kind of baseline selective breeding.
Yup. Hence my interest in them.

It's kind of how I treat other interests, such as books, music, art, etc. I always love influence because the pleasure of recognizing a piece of that spark of brilliance that led to the later stuff I find more accessible is so intoxicating.

In this case though, it's not impressions operating on my brain, but chemicals via the selection of humans via preference for...whatever they preferred.

I'd prefer to know about who that was as much as possible lol.

Btw, I have to shout out @agseedco if this stuff interests you. Todd has been a totally cool dude in my dealings with him so far and this preservation of the early crosses is his project. He has connections throughout the community with a lot of old timers and is distributing a lot of old school stuff. The seeds I received look absolutely perfect and so far they are popping fast!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I guess that can send you down the rabbit hole of, 'what are "proper" breeding practices and have they ever been adhered to?'
I mean... we are generally consuming this psychotropic that can verily lead to a serious case of the fuckits.
I honestly believe there has been some extraordinarily focused selection work done by talented growers.

And there has been a lot of other selection work too!

And some happy coincidences!

I find the greatest romance in strains that came from the first kind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom